Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ravens Lover

Underrated Offseason

24 posts in this topic

I guess I should be used to things like this now with being a Ravens fan, but I feel that our offseason isn't at all getting the respect it deserved. Granted its been a little quieter than Denver, Pats, and Skins, but we've improved almost every struggling aspect from last year with the exception of RT at the moment, not to mention the amazing staff we have going into next year.  Granted I may be wrong, but I feel that its success this early even without the draft has been really overlooked

Completely agree. It's absolutely incredible. Everything that you could be looking for to give us an advantage is there. We have the perfect blend of youth and veteran presence. After we draft a WR, TE, RB, QB, and OL we'll have an even better mixture. OC Kubiak, QBs Coach Dennison, TEs Coach Pariani, RBs Coach Hammock, and WRs Coach Engram all come in and work with one of the most renowned OL Coaches in Juan Castillo, who gets the ZBS, and I don't understand how we can't be better next year already. My only fear is that we're going to be so good that Kubiak will be wisked away and then he'll take Dennison, Pariani, Owen Daniels, Justin Forsett, and maybe more with him. 

John Harbaugh

Gary Kubiak

Monroe, K.O, Zuttah, Yanda, and a rookie RT. (Juan Castillo)

Flacco. (Rick Dennison)

Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, Marlon Brown, Aaron Mellette, Jacoby Jones, and a rookie WR. (Bobby Engram)

Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Justin Forsett, Kyle Juscszyk, and a rookie RB. (Thomas Hammock)

Dennis Pitta, Owen Daniels, and a rookie TE. (Brian Pariani)

If anyone says this isn't an exciting line up...you are crazy.

Special Teams looks solid once again, but Graham is out. 

Defense looks like it'll be solid once we find out who's going to step up at #3 CB, FS, ILB, and D-Line. 

I guess I should be used to things like this now with being a Ravens fan, but I feel that our offseason isn't at all getting the respect it deserved. Granted its been a little quieter than Denver, Pats, and Skins, but we've improved almost every struggling aspect from last year with the exception of RT at the moment, not to mention the amazing staff we have going into next year.  Granted I may be wrong, but I feel that its success this early even without the draft has been really overlooked

I understand but we do know that "talk" doesn't stand for much. I'd rather stay quiet about the additions and prove it on the field.

Only thing I'm worried about is FS, but we do have the draft and in-house guys like Miles, Stewart, or Omar Brown. RT will obviously be a competition between Wagner and a rookie. MLB should be solid with Brown and Smith starting and Bynes, maybe Rolando as occasional thumpers. 

My only question is how much time should it take for the offense with a new OC and new pieces to get in sync? I am not sure it's fair (though it would be nice) to expect everything to automatically work from the start.  

I think it's only underrated by casual fans. For a lot of us on this forum, we know that smart teams don't make huge splashes and spend all their money on free agents. There is so much I am thankful for when I look at other teams. We could have a tyrant owner like Jerry Jones or a put all our cards in one basket GM like John Elway or a front office that constantly pushes money into the future like the Steelers. Seriously guys. Be happy to be a Ravens fan.

Edited by RobFuseRaven

I wouldnt say it was an underrated offseason. NFL.com had an article about us as one of the most improved offenses. But i do see your point. We made some moves that i think will be bigger than people realize and we are being overshadowed by the big name signings.

Totally agree with everybody here.

While it's been amusing following the "arms race" between Denver and New England, it sure looks like a lot of lateral moves to me - lose Decker, pick up Sanders. Lose Bailey, pick up Talib. Lose Talib, pick up Revis. Both teams lost good RB's in Moreno and Blount. Really not that impressive.

Far and away the best signing so far has been ours - Kubiak!

Respect is over rated.

Give me the wins, let the outsiders respect the Broncos.

Fine by me.

We'll continue to be underrated the whole season, too, regardless of record because we won't have the marquee AFC matchups with the media darlings. It'll be sweet to watch us crash their party in the playoffs this year and spoil their perfect ratings scenarios like January 2013.

Edited by beanfigger

The team that usually "wins" free agency (or even the draft) usually does not make a deep run into the playoffs. So I honestly don't put much stock in the lack of attention.

The team that usually "wins" free agency (or even the draft) usually does not make a deep run into the playoffs. So I honestly don't put much stock in the lack of attention.

Exactly this. Teams that make headlines in March and April rarely make them the next January.

Who cares about winning the offseason?

Well, generally if you're viewed to have a "winning" offseason, you've made moves to make your team better and fill holes. So, all fans?

Respect is over rated.

Give me the wins, let the outsiders respect the Broncos.

Fine by me.

very well said,, just win baby,,,,

Am I being punked? lol!

#Mili

Edited by Militant X 1

I want the disrespect - every time they respect us, we lose.  Every time they disrespect us, we win.

I want the disrespect - every time they respect us, we lose.  Every time they disrespect us, we win.

Don't worry. We still have Joe Flacco as our QB. That guy can never catch a break with the media or fans (even our own). We've been discussing,if he's too lazy this offseason. I still can't believe that this has become a thing this year, after the beatings the guy took for the team every week last year, how can you doubt Flacco's commitment?

Oh, and lets not forget, that Steve Bisciotti is having to tell our HeadCoach who to hire (thank Preston for that rumor). If he's so clueless, why is still employed anyway?

And I'm not even gonna touch the Ravens supposed "lack of leadership".

The disrespect never stops, don't worry.

Don't worry. We still have Joe Flacco as our QB. That guy can never catch a break with the media or fans (even our own). We've been discussing,if he's too lazy this offseason. I still can't believe that this has become a thing this year, after the beatings the guy took for the team every week last year, how can you doubt Flacco's commitment?

Oh, and lets not forget, that Steve Bisciotti is having to tell our HeadCoach who to hire (thank Preston for that rumor). If he's so clueless, why is still employed anyway?

And I'm not even gonna touch the Ravens supposed "lack of leadership".

The disrespect never stops, don't worry.

Yeah I learned that when I saw a nickname as bad as Harboo. Edited by Cville-Raven

I've gone this long without the respect of the media, that I hope they never give it.  The reason is that Bmore is not a flashy team with gaudy stat lines for its offensive players.  For years they put so much emphasis on defense and the run game they didn't appeal to the large casual fan base that gravitated toward the Cowboys, Patriots, Colts, and now the Broncos.  Then when they DO begin to ramp up the offense they get a guy who most fans confuse his quiet confidence for lack of personality, aloofness, or  even meekness.  

To be a fan of the Ravens is to be a fan of football the way it should be played.  Anyone can be flashy, but few can win as much as they have.  That's what matters.  

The media can go on underestimating this team.  It fuels them.  I has since day one.

I've gone this long without the respect of the media, that I hope they never give it.  The reason is that Bmore is not a flashy team with gaudy stat lines for its offensive players.  For years they put so much emphasis on defense and the run game they didn't appeal to the large casual fan base that gravitated toward the Cowboys, Patriots, Colts, and now the Broncos.  Then when they DO begin to ramp up the offense they get a guy who most fans confuse his quiet confidence for lack of personality, aloofness, or  even meekness.  

To be a fan of the Ravens is to be a fan of football the way it should be played.  Anyone can be flashy, but few can win as much as they have.  That's what matters.  

The media can go on underestimating this team.  It fuels them.  I has since day one.

Cowboys have a rich history. and before the Ravens came to town I was a Cowboys fan....Ravens ain't come to town until I was 10. 

Media has no problem with the steelers especially last decade....were they flashy offensively?

Redskins don't have the flash of any of the team you mentioned.....but ESPN forces them into the media. 

Redskins don't have the flash of any of the team you mentioned.....but ESPN forces them into the media. 

If trading all of those picks to move up and get the heisman qb and have a very high scoring offense isn't flashy, I don't know what is.