Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info »
Close

Photo

Underrated Offseason

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Ravens Lover

Ravens Lover

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

I guess I should be used to things like this now with being a Ravens fan, but I feel that our offseason isn't at all getting the respect it deserved. Granted its been a little quieter than Denver, Pats, and Skins, but we've improved almost every struggling aspect from last year with the exception of RT at the moment, not to mention the amazing staff we have going into next year.  Granted I may be wrong, but I feel that its success this early even without the draft has been really overlooked

#2 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,563 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

agree

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

French Toast Mafia GM

Twitter

#3 Defenserules

Defenserules

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Completely agree. It's absolutely incredible. Everything that you could be looking for to give us an advantage is there. We have the perfect blend of youth and veteran presence. After we draft a WR, TE, RB, QB, and OL we'll have an even better mixture. OC Kubiak, QBs Coach Dennison, TEs Coach Pariani, RBs Coach Hammock, and WRs Coach Engram all come in and work with one of the most renowned OL Coaches in Juan Castillo, who gets the ZBS, and I don't understand how we can't be better next year already. My only fear is that we're going to be so good that Kubiak will be wisked away and then he'll take Dennison, Pariani, Owen Daniels, Justin Forsett, and maybe more with him. 

John Harbaugh

Gary Kubiak

Monroe, K.O, Zuttah, Yanda, and a rookie RT. (Juan Castillo)

Flacco. (Rick Dennison)

Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, Marlon Brown, Aaron Mellette, Jacoby Jones, and a rookie WR. (Bobby Engram)

Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Justin Forsett, Kyle Juscszyk, and a rookie RB. (Thomas Hammock)

Dennis Pitta, Owen Daniels, and a rookie TE. (Brian Pariani)

If anyone says this isn't an exciting line up...you are crazy.

Special Teams looks solid once again, but Graham is out. 

Defense looks like it'll be solid once we find out who's going to step up at #3 CB, FS, ILB, and D-Line. 

Defense Rules and Steelers Drool

#4 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

I guess I should be used to things like this now with being a Ravens fan, but I feel that our offseason isn't at all getting the respect it deserved. Granted its been a little quieter than Denver, Pats, and Skins, but we've improved almost every struggling aspect from last year with the exception of RT at the moment, not to mention the amazing staff we have going into next year.  Granted I may be wrong, but I feel that its success this early even without the draft has been really overlooked

I understand but we do know that "talk" doesn't stand for much. I'd rather stay quiet about the additions and prove it on the field.

#5 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:42 PM

Only thing I'm worried about is FS, but we do have the draft and in-house guys like Miles, Stewart, or Omar Brown. RT will obviously be a competition between Wagner and a rookie. MLB should be solid with Brown and Smith starting and Bynes, maybe Rolando as occasional thumpers. 

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#6 HoldingCall

HoldingCall

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

My only question is how much time should it take for the offense with a new OC and new pieces to get in sync? I am not sure it's fair (though it would be nice) to expect everything to automatically work from the start.  

#7 RobFuseRaven

RobFuseRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

I think it's only underrated by casual fans. For a lot of us on this forum, we know that smart teams don't make huge splashes and spend all their money on free agents. There is so much I am thankful for when I look at other teams. We could have a tyrant owner like Jerry Jones or a put all our cards in one basket GM like John Elway or a front office that constantly pushes money into the future like the Steelers. Seriously guys. Be happy to be a Ravens fan.

Edited by RobFuseRaven, 06 April 2014 - 04:54 PM.

2z3w5ms.png

“If anybody comes inside, I want to kill them.” -Marshal Yanda

#8 Flacco2Mason

Flacco2Mason

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

I wouldnt say it was an underrated offseason. NFL.com had an article about us as one of the most improved offenses. But i do see your point. We made some moves that i think will be bigger than people realize and we are being overshadowed by the big name signings.

#9 MTRavensFan

MTRavensFan

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Totally agree with everybody here.

While it's been amusing following the "arms race" between Denver and New England, it sure looks like a lot of lateral moves to me - lose Decker, pick up Sanders. Lose Bailey, pick up Talib. Lose Talib, pick up Revis. Both teams lost good RB's in Moreno and Blount. Really not that impressive.

Far and away the best signing so far has been ours - Kubiak!

"I would suggest not wringing those hands so hard that you sprain them. Take a chill pill." - Eisenberg

#10 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,854 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

Respect is over rated.

Give me the wins, let the outsiders respect the Broncos.

Fine by me.

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#11 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Fine by me if we are underrated. Now they won't see us coming again until it is too late

In Ozzie we Trust

Dallas Cowboys GM

General  Manager/Owner of the

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Puffins

#12 beanfigger

beanfigger

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

We'll continue to be underrated the whole season, too, regardless of record because we won't have the marquee AFC matchups with the media darlings. It'll be sweet to watch us crash their party in the playoffs this year and spoil their perfect ratings scenarios like January 2013.

Edited by beanfigger, 06 April 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#13 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,932 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

The team that usually "wins" free agency (or even the draft) usually does not make a deep run into the playoffs. So I honestly don't put much stock in the lack of attention.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#14 asham27

asham27

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

Who cares about winning the offseason?

#15 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

The team that usually "wins" free agency (or even the draft) usually does not make a deep run into the playoffs. So I honestly don't put much stock in the lack of attention.

Exactly this. Teams that make headlines in March and April rarely make them the next January.

Proud Jerry Jones equivalent of The Rains of Castamere

#16 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,149 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Who cares about winning the offseason?

Well, generally if you're viewed to have a "winning" offseason, you've made moves to make your team better and fill holes. So, all fans?
Posted Image

#17 edthehead

edthehead

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

Respect is over rated.

Give me the wins, let the outsiders respect the Broncos.

Fine by me.

very well said,, just win baby,,,,

#18 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

Am I being punked? lol!

#Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 06 April 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#19 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,197 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:34 AM

I want the disrespect - every time they respect us, we lose.  Every time they disrespect us, we win.

#20 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

I want the disrespect - every time they respect us, we lose.  Every time they disrespect us, we win.

Don't worry. We still have Joe Flacco as our QB. That guy can never catch a break with the media or fans (even our own). We've been discussing,if he's too lazy this offseason. I still can't believe that this has become a thing this year, after the beatings the guy took for the team every week last year, how can you doubt Flacco's commitment?

Oh, and lets not forget, that Steve Bisciotti is having to tell our HeadCoach who to hire (thank Preston for that rumor). If he's so clueless, why is still employed anyway?

And I'm not even gonna touch the Ravens supposed "lack of leadership".

The disrespect never stops, don't worry.

bJNF689.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users