50 replies to this topic

#1 Ausman

Ausman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

Has the decision to cut Bobby Rainey backfired? In my expert opinion yes.

1). Bernard Pierce flat out sucks!

2). Ray Rice is guaranteed at least a suspension.

3). Rainey could have relieved Rice and possibly win us 1 more game and be 9-7 into the playoffs instead of 8-8.

#2 ravefan52

ravefan52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

It clearly has considering our current RB situation and how well he has done. We tried to get to cute and slip him past waivers to the PS. Stupid move.

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

3). Rainey could have relieved Rice and possibly win us 1 more game and be 9-7 into the playoffs instead of 8-8.

So where was your expert opinion before last season? any fool can look back and say "Hey that picked sucked" nobody knew the wheels would fall off the oline and Rice would bust up his girl.

#4 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,775 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

You're kidding yourself if you think Rainey was the difference between the playoffs or not.  No RB was going to do anything behind our putrid OL last year.

#5 Ravenskid2085

Ravenskid2085

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

You lost me at Bernard Pierce sucks. Go throw on his 2012 tape running behind a real offensive line and then come back and say he sucks. He might be a little injury prone, but he is a great runner.

Edited by Ravenskid2085, 04 April 2014 - 12:12 PM.

Posted Image

"I don't play this game for wins and losses. I play this game for hope, faith, and love".

-Ray Lewis

Super Bowl XXXV, XLVII Champions

#6 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

You're kidding yourself if you think Rainey was the difference between the playoffs or not. No RB was going to do anything behind our putrid OL last year.

I wasnt going to fisnish reading what he typed past Pierce sucks until I read what your reply.

So Rainey was going to turn chicken crap into chicken salad? The only people I think who might've saved us were either KO or Pitta.

#7 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

April first was a few days ago.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#8 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

Uh, no.

Rainey only had three good games, too, and they came against mediocre defenses. He only averaged 3.9 a carry and like 50 a game. Pass.

#9 Cville-Raven

Cville-Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Not sure if serious?

#10 D-Rey

D-Rey

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

Rainey hasn't done really anything. Pierce is way more talented than him and could be a beast behind a halfway decent line.

Love it....when a crazy starts talking jibberish, we're like vultures

#11 Omerta

Omerta

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

I hate to be the guy with the annoying questions...but....

Exactly what makes you an expert ? Is it years of scouting these players in college ? Your HOF career playing in the NFL ? You invaluable experience as a front office personnel ? 

Orrrr.......

Years of playing madden, Watching you tube clips, or you're apparent ability at sound logic and decision making ?

#12 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

It clearly has considering our current RB situation and how well he has done. We tried to get to cute and slip him past waivers to the PS. Stupid move.

Boom, that's all that needs to be said. They thought nobody saw all the plays he made in the preseason and they were sorely mistaken. Not saying Rainey is a pro bowler by any means, but would have been a nice option. 

#13 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,458 posts

I want to know what qualifies you to have an expert opinion

Rainey had like one or two stellar games and a few, if not several, absolute garbage games

#14 Ravensuperfan1

Ravensuperfan1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:08 PM

Bernard Pierce is a good player, so don;t know what games you were watching was a solid backup, and was good during our SB run.  

Last season Ray Rice was hurt and our O-Line was terrible.

2. Nothing is guaranteed. I expect somewhere from 2 to 4 games but will see.

3. Yes releasing Rainey was a mistake. Ray Rice was like 50% last season and Pierce got hurt too, plus the line so yes it was a mistake to let him go just like Boldin and other mistakes NFL teams make each year.

#15 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

So where was your expert opinion before last season? any fool can look back and say "Hey that picked sucked" nobody knew the wheels would fall off the oline and Rice would bust up his girl.

Everybody knew Bernard is always hurt & its just business to have a up and coming RB behind Ray cause its almost that time to replace him sooooooooo why in the world would our FO let him go?......... Its called being super stupid, or how I like to say it "so smart, you're stupid"

#16 D-Rey

D-Rey

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

Everybody knew Bernard is always hurt & its just business to have a up and coming RB behind Ray cause its almost that time to replace him sooooooooo why in the world would our FO let him go?......... Its called being super stupid, or how I like to say it "so smart, you're stupid"

Because he isn't that good?

Love it....when a crazy starts talking jibberish, we're like vultures

#17 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,922 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

Uh, we weren't the only team that cut Rainey last year. Maybe he really isn't "all that".
15fqib6.jpg

#18 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

It wasn't a smart decision but there are as always several factors in play that we don't see, I mean how do you propose we get Rainey back? its done and theres no point looking back.

#19 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,803 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Still waiting for the "expert opinion"...

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#20 Tenacious Faulker

Tenacious Faulker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

I agree it was a mistake to cut him.  I disagree with just about everything else the OP stated.  

You can't call his release backfiring on us.  It's the same thing with the Boldin trade.  They took a calculated risk based on some educated guess.  There is no crystal ball and no one could see that Pitta and Jacoby would be injured nor could they know that neither stud running back would be healthy for much of the season.  

Also don;t forget that they had their coaching muddle in the run game which contribute to their putrid performance.  Given that i doubt Rainey woould've been as successful filling in here as he was in Tampa.  .

“Attack this day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind”  

~ Harbaugh family creed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users