323 replies to this topic

#1 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

So, on NFL.com, they did their 2008 redraft; Ryan went #1 overall and Flacco #3. The analysts were talking Joe up, explaining how  you can't argue with his body of work since entering the league.

Another article mentions how Flacco had a disappointing year due to injuries, washed up players and throwing to unestablished guys with butter fingers. Any other time, they would have ignored those facts and chastised him (case in point: during the season, they beat up Flacco for not "overcoming those obstacles").

A third article on the site (cant find the link) talked about how (paraphrase) Flacco was set up to fail, and the supporting cast needs to do it's job.

Now of course, this is not exactly news most of us. It is just interesting to me that prior to last year, Flacco has carried this team to awesome achievements, yet he could do nothing right in their eyes -- our success was always due to everyone BUT Flacco. So you would think that after last year, when these guys FINALLY had the chance to bury Flacco, instead of saying "see, we were right all along", they did a complete 180 and defend him from the very criticism they have been dishing out.

Flacco the media darling? The world is now in complete disarray.....up is down, left is right, right is wrong....what is going on???

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#2 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

twilight-zone.jpg

z66oxxi.jpg

#3 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,317 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:21 AM

Dogs and cats living together! !!
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#4 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

They picked the only two QBs from that draft, who can actually play and they picked Joe second. Don't know how "respectfull" that is.

Edited by PolishRifle, 04 April 2014 - 06:33 AM.

bJNF689.jpg

#5 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

No - they still refuse to admit that "Matty Ice" was gift-wrapped Roddy White and Tony Gonzales, and his team spent two first round picks on Julio Jones, while Joe waited 4 years for them to draft Torrey, and we got lucky that the 4th round tight end we drafted turned out be as good as he is, and we also waited years on Boldin just so we could get his price down.  Not to mention the difference in OCs.  Just once I would like one of these analysts to say something about the difference in personnel the two have had over the years.  Just once.

Not to mention, they conveniently neglect the fact that Matt Ryan struggles every time he plays the caliber of defense Joe plays against on practically a weekly basis.

Edited by Ravenslifer, 04 April 2014 - 06:42 AM.

#6 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

until they admit that joe is light years beyond matt ryan, then i will consider it a spit in his face from the media, but im sure he could care less, hes joe cool mayne.

#7 Jokerraven

Jokerraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

I think some respect/attention is way overdue. I will never understand the Matt Ryan love affair with the press. I have said many times before if Joe had the offensive weapons Ryan has/had we would have more then just the two superbowl wins .I think it goes to show you how popular fantasy football is some people can't see beyond stats. I would take Joe in the superbowl over any other quarterback including Peyton and Brady.

#8 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

While this is awesome, let's face it, the 2008 draft had a lot of whiffs in the first round or players who didn't live up to the billing of where they were drafted.

I still don't see taking both Flacco and Ryan in the top 3 but it is a passing league. Seriously though, go back and look at the 2008 first round picks and you will see very few effective starters.

I also like to look at our pick when we took Tavares Gooden with Jamaal Charles on the board

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#9 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

Mattty Choke Ryan number 1?

#10 Purple Punishment

Purple Punishment

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,510 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

I also like to look at our pick when we took Tavares Gooden with Jamaal Charles on the board

Double Dip at RB?
"Im Pissed Off For Greatness" -Ray Lewis

PSN: RobtasticVoyage

#11 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

While this is awesome, let's face it, the 2008 draft had a lot of whiffs in the first round or players who didn't live up to the billing of where they were drafted.

I still don't see taking both Flacco and Ryan in the top 3 but it is a passing league. Seriously though, go back and look at the 2008 first round picks and you will see very few effective starters.

I understand what you are saying and your opinion, but I just find it.....interesting....that after crapping on Flacco since day one, now they are defending him and holding him in high regard. The re-draft aside, in other articles they talk about how they blame the supporting cast for Flacco's down year, yet when things are going well, they never wanted to give Flacco any kind of credit at all. Strange how the media is fighting the monster they created

I have to confess that I was absolutely delighted with that pick. I remember calling him "a fast Bart Scott"...before the draft. Whoops
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#12 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

Dogs and cats living together! !!

Mass hysteria!!!!!!

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#13 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

I understand what you are saying and your opinion, but I just find it.....interesting....that after crapping on Flacco since day one, now they are defending him and holding him in high regard. The re-draft aside, in other articles they talk about how they blame the supporting cast for Flacco's down year, yet when things are going well, they never wanted to give Flacco any kind of credit at all. Strange how the media is fighting the monster they created

Oh absolutely. Honestly, if they do a 2012 redraft, I wouldn't be shocked if Russell Wilson was a top 5 pick.

I have to confess that I was absolutely delighted with that pick. I remember calling him "a fast Bart Scott"...before the draft. Whoops

What's fun is to read our mock drafts or the GM games from years ago. Guys we hyped up aren't even playing....

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#14 RLewis52

RLewis52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:58 AM

What's fun is to read our mock drafts or the GM games from years ago. Guys we hyped up aren't even playing....

Baby megatron aka streeter hah

#15 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

I actually saw a redraft that had Flacco go number one just because he won the Super Bowl, if that's any constellation.

I kinda hope he gets no respect because the Ravens do much better when they aren't respected. Five years of disrespect and we're a top team in the league. One year of respect and we're out of the playoffs. (Joking, sorta)

#16 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

That 2009 receiver draft - DHB, Nicks, Britt, Maclin - none of those guys can stay on the field, or stay on the team that drafted them, it seems like.  Just goes to show me this front office knows what it's doing a lot more than most teams out there.

Edited by Ravenslifer, 04 April 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#17 codizzle

codizzle

Director of Admissions- BSHU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,233 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

I actually saw a redraft that had Flacco go number one just because he won the Super Bowl, if that's any constellation.

I kinda hope he gets no respect because the Ravens do much better when they aren't respected. Five years of disrespect and we're a top team in the league. One year of respect and we're out of the playoffs. (Joking, sorta)

There ain't no consolation unless we see some constellations
Just WIN Out!!!

6f3898d1-1b88-4209-a3a5-ed7fe2348d4b.jpg

+35

#18 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:29 AM

Is this intended to be realistic? Because if so there was ZERO chance of Flacco going over Ryan. A lot of people thought Flacco would last until the second but the Ravens got antsy because they heard Miami and NYJ were interested.

#19 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,208 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

The cody pick is probably the one I want back the most.  As well as the Kindle pick, but that was pretty extraordinary circumstances.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#20 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

Is this intended to be realistic? Because if so there was ZERO chance of Flacco going over Ryan. A lot of people thought Flacco would last until the second but the Ravens got antsy because they heard Miami and NYJ were interested.

Do you understand how a redraft works? A redraft takes the player's NFL performance into account, looks back at the draft, and puts a player where he belongs based on how he did. A redraft is basically looking back at the draft in hindsight and saying "this guy probably should have went here."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users