Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrDelDante

Bit of Fun: All-Century Team

80 posts in this topic

So yeah, since the year 2000 to present day who would be our All-Century Team? (Only count performances for the Ravens, not performances after or before playing for us)

QB: Joe Flacco
FB: Vonta Leach
RB: Jamal Lewis, Ray Rice
WR: Derrick Mason, Torrey Smith
TE: Todd Heap
LT: Jonathan Ogden
LG: Ben Grubbs
C: Mike Flynn
RG: Marshal Yanda
RT: Orlando Brown

DL: Haloti Ngata, Michael McCrary, Kelly Gregg
ILB: Ray Lewis, Bart Scott
OLB: Terrell Suggs, Peter Boulware, Adalius Thomas

CB: Lardarius Webb, Chris McAlister
FS: Ed Reed
SS: Dawan Landry

K: Matt Stover
P: Sam Koch

So yeah, since the year 2000 to present day who would be our All-Century Team? (Only count performances for the Ravens, not performances after or before playing for us)

WR: Derrick Mason, Torrey Smith

C: Mike Flynn

OLB: Terrell Suggs, Peter Boulware, Adalius Thomas

So guys like Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson don't count?

Are we talking Prime Time or the Roll player Deion we had.

Also, Rod Woodson is certainly the second best safety we've ever had.  

They count, but only insofar as their performances as Ravens.

On that note...

SS: Ed Reed

FS: Rod Woodson

Are we talking Prime Time or the Roll player Deion we had.

Also, Rod Woodson is certainly the second best safety we've ever had.

I think I might have misunderstood what meant because there's no way you leave Prime Time out, but I think he meant just during their times as a Raven, now that I look at it

How many more seasons like the past two before Tucker gets considered? 3? 5? He's awesome, but I know Stover was the man for a long time.

Deion sanders was way past his prime w/ ravens

Rod woodson was a stud though

Hard to argue with OP's list

Jamal and Ray are pretty close, Jamal's big advantage comiing in TDs but Ray has him beat on all-purpose yardage, I believe

Move Reed to SS and put Woodson in for FS

Love Yanda but I'm gonna have to stick with Mulitalo as our best guard. Skill wise they are/were similar but Mulitalo was/is just an awesome guy with a big heart and a great attitude. He's done so many good things in Baltimore for the people and fans. Pure class.

Just brings back so many memories. I'll never forget the unique relationship these guys had. Him, Jon Ogden, Mike Flynn, Zeus, they were like brothers. Never seen a bond like that again in football. Mike Flynn talking on the sideline to Ogden about how he smacked Ted Washington's facemask and was afraid to go back (jokingly) on the field was just priceless. :D

I have a few comments now that I am finally out of class.

First, I'd honestly do three receiver or two tight ends on this list because that's a full starting offense that way, or do both. You have backups for OLB and RB, so why not else where?

McCrary would likely be an outside linebacker in the 3-4, so you might want to shuffle that. And how could we pass up on either Sam Adams or Tony Siragusa. Those are the big bodies you need in the 3-4 to allow the linebackers to wreak havoc. Also, at left guard, I'd put Mulitalo.

Justin tucker best kicker in NFL last two years. I pick him over m.stover who was always just above average

Justin tucker best kicker in NFL last two years. I pick him over m.stover who was always just above average

And if Tucker is still as good 5-6 years from now, then yes, I would agree. Stover played 19 seasons, and is 12th most accurate kicker in history.     A strong arguement could be made for each.

Personally..I would put LeRon Mcclain over Leach at FB. We got some quality years out of Mcclain and I used to love those days of the "three headed monster" that we used to run...McGahee, Rice and Mcclain. Mcclain was a good blocker and he could tote the rock too...he put up almost a 1000 yards in 2008 with 11 TDs.

Leach was a better FB...but the fact that Mcclain was an in house guy and was still a good FB...I go with Mcclain.

And no Goose on the DL?...you gotta put Tony on there. 

Personally..I would put LeRon Mcclain over Leach at FB. We got some quality years out of Mcclain and I used to love those days of the "three headed monster" that we used to run...McGahee, Rice and Mcclain. Mcclain was a good blocker and he could tote the rock too...he put up almost a 1000 yards in 2008 with 11 TDs.

Leach was a better FB...but the fact that Mcclain was an in house guy and was still a good FB...I go with Mcclain.

And no Goose on the DL?...you gotta put Tony on there. 

Although he played in Bmore for only a short time, Lorenzo Neal is by far the best fullback ever to wear a Ravens uniform. Since he wasn't here that long he probably doesn't make the "all century" team. 

WR: Derrick Mason,Torrey Smith(Anquan Boldin)

C: Mike Flynn(Matt Birk)

DL: Haloti Ngata, Michael McCrary(Tony Siragusa), Kelly Gregg

OLB: Terrell Suggs, Peter Boulware, Adalius Thomas(Mike McCrary)

My changes in parenthesis. Too bad you defined the Saf position. I think it should be Reed and R Woodson.

It killed me to leave Frank Walker off but you can't include everybody.

Although he played in Bmore for only a short time, Lorenzo Neal is by far the best fullback ever to wear a Ravens uniform. Since he wasn't here that long he probably doesn't make the "all century" team.

I would still put Neal at full back.

Boldin not in the same conversation as mason. He was a major disappointment 90% of his time here. 3rd WR I would consider ismael. If you could count the 90's Jackson

Center I think birk.

This line up makes more sense in a 34 with no backups.

DL: Haloti Ngata, Tony siragusa, Kelly Gregg

ILB: Ray Lewis, Peter boulware

OLB: Terrell Suggs, mike mccrary

CB: Sumari Rolle , Chris McAlister

SCB: lardarius Webb

FS: Rod woodson

SS: Ed reed

K: Matt Stover- no argument for tucker. He hasn't come close to the number of clutch kicks.

Ooooh I forgot about Goose.

How could you forget Goose? He's protecting your manhood!

How could you forget Goose? He's protecting your manhood!

That commercial is embarrassing.