Photo

The Ravens Trading out of the First again this year?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Defenserules

Defenserules

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

The Redskins are not the Ravens, thankfully. While the Redskins gained ONE player from the RG3 trade, obviously Robert Griffin III, the Rams have acquired DT Michael Brockers, RB Isaiah Pead, LB Alec Ogletree, WR Stedman Bailey, RB Zac Stacy, CB Janoris Jenkins, and currently hold the #2 pick in the 2014 NFL draft which many predict they'll trade back and gain even more picks. Isaiah Pead is the only guy rather than Stedman Bailey who hasn't done a fantastic job on that team. Yet, Pead and Bailey are still contributors on ST and Offense, respectively. 

What does this have to do with the Ravens? In 2010 and 2012 the Ravens traded out of the first rounds of each draft and got LB Sergio Kindle and DT Terrence Cody in 2010 and then LB Courtney Upshaw and LG Kelechi Osemele in 2012. 

If Sergio Kindle wouldn't have taken that fall that summer, who knows? Terrence Cody could have been the only real bust out of the four. Courtney Upshaw is amazing against the run and I believe he'll do even better next year while K.O has the ability to be an All-Pro at LG. 

I understand that there's plenty of talent that we need and that we want in the first round of this years (2014) draft. I also understand if the Ravens believe that no one is worth the #17 overall pick for them when their time comes around or maybe that someone they want will fall that I believe they're going to create a bi-yearly trend of trading out of the first round for more picks. 

The Ravens front office know how to draft, we all know this. We only have 8 picks this year and that's not many by our standards. We could have had 11 if not for A.Q. Shipley's 7th Rounder to the Colts and Eugene Monroe's 4th, and 5th Rounders to the Jaguars. Eugene Monroe's picks were well worth it and having A.Q. Shipley around last year was cheap enough depth, regardless of how good the man did. But only 8? 

If an impact player isn't there at 17, I smell a trade out of the first round. Marqise Lee has become my favorite for that 17th Overall but he could slide, maybe not into the second round, but he could slide and if no one else worthy is there I think I have confidence the Ravens will come out of the draft with some real impact players from the second round. Everyone is screaming for Jimmy Ward, Odell Beckham JR, Jarvis Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, and more...we could have a chance at two, maybe three of these players if they slide and we choose to pick up two receivers, though unlikely. 

The Rams, Seahawks, and the Ravens get what it takes to draft impact players in Rounds 2-5. So, why not add to our arsenal? I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. By the way, if Kapron Lewis-Moore and DeAngelo Tyson and Aaron Mellette turn out to be solid contributor players as well you can add Round 6 and 7. 

So, how about it? We currently sit with the #17 (1st), #48 (2nd), #79 (3rd), #99 (3rd), #134 (4th), #138 (4th), #175 (5th), #194 (6th). If someone were to offer a trade, what would you accept pick wise and who would you pick? The draft is deep at OL, WR, RB (after Round 2), TE, and a couple of defensive positions such as interior pass rush and LB as well as CB are decent. 

Defense Rules and Steelers Drool

#2 Kev0825

Kev0825

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

The only way I would want to trade back is if we could get another 2nd and stay in the first round

#3 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,610 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

This is already being discussed here:

http://boards.baltim...-round-of-draft

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

French Toast Mafia GM

Twitter

#4 Caliravenlover

Caliravenlover

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

The only way i would trade is if we traded back far and got  their 1st in addition to a 2nd and a 4th for our trouble. I want ward, and Jordan Mathews in the 2nd round so badly 

#5 Defenserules

Defenserules

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

This is already being discussed here:

http://boards.baltim...-round-of-draft

Thank you, is there a way you can search for topics in the forums? I'm not new to the site but I am very new to the forums. 

Defense Rules and Steelers Drool

#6 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Thank you, is there a way you can search for topics in the forums? I'm not new to the site but I am very new to the forums. 

There's a search bar near the top of the page, but it's possible for existing threads to slip through that search because they may use different keywords. Generally you can get away with scanning the first two or three pages of a forum - if anything's fallen through the cracks it will probably be older.

Proud Jerry Jones equivalent of The Rains of Castamere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users