Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

757RavensFan

Wondering if Osemele is gonna come back healthy?

29 posts in this topic

That's what I like to see. Hopefully he stays healthy and the FO and medical staff decide he's fine to keep playing LG (don't want him bending over too much is the problem). We've got some reasons to get excited about the line again.

It's surely a good sign, but I don't think it's any indication of how his back will react when he has to get low and face contact. There's no telling how his back will do when KO actually has to hit people.

what is this recorded with? The patriots long lost camera in spygate?

Prolly just a cell phone

Sounds and looks good. I hope we move him to RT. I feel like it'll be better for him long term.

I feel like he'd be fine either way, probably a better player at guard but healthier at Tackle.

We should grab Cyril Richardson in the mid-rounds if he's still there to play LG if Osemele is moved to RT.

Monroe - Richardson - Zuttah - Yanda - Osemele

We should grab Cyril Richardson in the mid-rounds if he's still there to play LG if Osemele is moved to RT.

Monroe - Richardson - Zuttah - Yanda - Osemele

Richardson is a terrible fit for our scheme.

It's surely a good sign, but I don't think it's any indication of how his back will react when he has to get low and face contact. There's no telling how his back will do when KO actually has to hit people.

Yup.

I remember after he got the surgery he said he'd be back at full strength. If he's training that hard, he's definitely feeling good after that surgery -- Remember, he played through that back injury for awhile before getting it taken care of. His success is crucial to our o-line this year. 

Back aside for a moment, is KO a good fit at RT in a ZBS?

Well... yes and no.  The only thing with KO is that he has trouble finding players the second level.  So anything else he's fine.  Collapsing the back of the line, cutting.  Shielding runners.  inside zones he's good.  He's probably better at guard in pass protection though.  

Some Offensive lineman are the heavy feeble type. Osmelle when you see his training videos he is not like that at all.  He is the I'am coming back every year type.  That is why we need him on the Left Side of this offensive line.

Well check out his video on Instagram. I think he'll be just fine come OTAs.

http://instagram.com/p/l58fBOLbxr/

Hopefully,

But he is doing a drill with very little torque to his back.  The injury is not going to be exacerbated by drill with a static body position.

The proof of the pudding will be game type movements where his upper and lower back are put to severe torque.

If he misses pre-season games, we'll know we are in trouble.

He not only has to make it back on the field he has to return to his previous level of play, otherwise we have two holes to fill and not one.

He not only has to make it back on the field he has to return to his previous level of play, otherwise we have two holes to fill and not one.

Yeah, back issues are probably the worst. I sure hope he is good to go. It would not be good to have to look for a LG as well as a RT.

I don't see him as a starter coming off of back surgery.  Too many guys push it to get back on the field too quickly and end up reinjuring themselves.  I'd much rather see us have him as a solid backup and find someone to plug the hole at RT.  It's time for the next man up.

So much about our team rests on his shoulders (and back).  I like to think his surgery corrected a problem and the Raven's certainly appear to expect him back at full strength given their stated goals.  If he is dominant than we have a pretty good line.  If he is dominant and we draft a first rate RT we may have something special on our hands.  If he isn't the same player our team's potential takes a serious dip.