Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JO_75

Jacoby/Tomlin: Steelers won't lose draft pick

101 posts in this topic

If this is the wrong place, I'm sorry but the NFL has announced the Steelers won't lose a draft pick nor will any draft modification take place(I.E Ravens and Steelers swapping picks, etc). I'm guessing since that really didn't change the fact we would have missed the playoffs anyway considering we had won that game they decided not to take any picks away.

In this case, I say if Tomlin wants to get in the way again.... Jacoby has full right to run right over Tomlin which would be funny to see.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/20/steelers-wont-be-docked-a-draft-pick-for-tomlins-sideline-incident/

The nerve of that guy.  That video still ticks me off every time I think about it!  :gaah:

The sight of him does it for me.  I'm still ticked that he is viewed as some sort of bastion of "straight-shooterdom". A stand up guy.

I'm more bothered by the fact that he lies about his intent and everyone swallows it.

Tomlin's face and voice are annoying; the dude is a true liar and NFL can't even do anything about it.....what a joke...

... I'm more bothered by the fact that he lies about his intent and everyone swallows it.

People don't "swallow" it, but just like when politicians lie, there are no consequences in today's society.

People don't "swallow" it, but just like when politicians lie, there are no consequences in today's society.

I'm sure most rational people realize his intent and that he lies about it but that won't stop the hero worship from the media.

As much as I wanted every possible consequence for them, I didn't really expect more than what he got. If he would have made contact with Jacoby that's another story. Although I do feel like he altered Jacoby's movement in a way, it would have been hard to defend it.

Can't even argue that it was unintentional it was a scumbag move and a lose of a 7th would have been warranted.

Just another example of the influence that the "old guard" owners have on the NFL.  The Rooneys and Krafts will always be catered to.

I'm still ticked off that there was no team penalty.

Oh yes, punish the whole team for Tomlin's action because that makes so much sense. He acted alone and should be punished alone. Come on.

Don't see why everyone's so shocked and upset. It's over with. They were never going to lose a pick. Big woop. 

In a related note, the NFL has a new rule that you're allowed to take drugs if you can prove they didn't actually help you play better.

While I'd like the draft pick one thing remains the same. Pittsburgh is getting old fast, the Ravens are rebuilding with youth. If I was one of "them" I'd be more worried about Cleveland than we will ever be! Tomlin just showed it with that classless move, I just laugh and wait for payback. The right way!

While I'd like the draft pick one thing remains the same. Pittsburgh is getting old fast, the Ravens are rebuilding with youth. If I was one of "them" I'd be more worried about Cleveland than we will ever be! Tomlin just showed it with that classless move, I just laugh and wait for payback. The right way!

Haha. Couldn't agree any more. The best part is that they're good enough to not draft in the Top 10, but not good enough to make the playoffs. 100k fine to just Tomlin was sufficient. 

Meh'

I am SO over this...

I never get over anything bad relating to the Ravens/squealers.

This almost makes me wish they won that game now with their 2 point conversion. They are pretty much saying the Steelers as a team got away with this one.

Punishment should have been the same magnitude in either scenario. And heck, intent shouldn't even matter in my opinion. Nobody knows what was going through this man's head, so just take the action for what it is and give the same punishment to anybody unless the team repeats violations. Repeat individuals receive increasing fines/suspensions.

And I don't get how they were 'ahead of us in the playoff race' but pick before us. Nothing about this feels right to me!

i was actually surprised about how people in media try to make excuse and how they try to brush it off is not that big of a deal. or make it sound like he didn't know where he was on the  field.

I didn't think they should have lost a pick however, even though they finished above us in the division, they're picking ahead of us. I think the picks should have been swapped out and we picked ahead of them. That would have been fair.

I can't say I'd want Jacoby to run him over on that play because he might wind up injuring himself.

I'm still ticked off that there was no team penalty.

I don't like the team penalty idea (losing draft picks etc) unless it's an on field penalty like first and 10 from the opponent's 10. Possibly a future game suspension or sideline ejection along with a fine could be appropriate with an on the field penalty.  

Twinkle Toed Tomlin put his foot out on the field deliberately.

I have watched the video more then the Zapruder film .

He's a liar !!!