64 replies to this topic

#1 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

As we all are seeing, the Broncos are on a shopping spree during free agency. With approximately 26 mil to start with (not sure where they are now it keeps changing so fast), they are spending with little regard to the future.

It's easy to figure out why, Manning is getting old. This is probably the last year he can take them back to the Super bowl. Sure, he may do a Favre, but I doubt the Broncos will carry his paycheck another year, Lombardi or not.

This year, if  the Ravens can take back the AFC tittle (or at least knock out the Broncos), it will have a lasting impact on the Broncos with nothing to show for it. They say that Revenge is best served up cold, well for Elway, and the Broncos, we couldn't get much colder than that!

GO RAVENS!

#2 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

As we all are seeing, the Broncos are on a shopping spree during free agency. With approximately 26 mil to start with (not sure where they are now it keeps changing so fast), they are spending with little regard to the future.

It's easy to figure out why, Manning is getting old. This is probably the last year he can take them back to the Super bowl. Sure, he may do a Favre, but I doubt the Broncos will carry his paycheck another year, Lombardi or not.

This year, if  the Ravens can take back the AFC tittle (or at least knock out the Broncos), it will have a lasting impact on the Broncos with nothing to show for it. They say that Revenge is best served up cold, well for Elway, and the Broncos, we couldn't get much colder than that!

GO RAVENS!

As long as the seahawks are in the sb again, Peyton isn't getting a ring. So in the end, we have a future and they don't. Good luck Brock Osweiler and good luck Elway when you can't spend anything. Makes me appreciate Ozzie even more when teams go on huge spending sprees.

"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#3 edthehead

edthehead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

the broncos are going after this center will montgomery,, is he any good ? anyway my real question is how much money do they have (cap) the broncos and new Orleans , are making moves that I really do not get... the saints have J.byrd thought they had no money,denver keeps signing players,,,danggggggg  

#4 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

the broncos are going after this center will montgomery,, is he any good ? anyway my real question is how much money do they have (cap) the broncos and new Orleans , are making moves that I really do not get... the saints have J.byrd thought they had no money,denver keeps signing players,,,danggggggg  

Everyone got a $10m kick to their cap number. Broncos moved up to around $21m & Saints to $11m....give or take. Ravens at about $21m before the Suggs extension.

#5 edthehead

edthehead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

Everyone got a $10m kick to their cap number. Broncos moved up to around $21m & Saints to $11m....give or take. Ravens at about $21m before the Suggs extension.

thanks I know that much,, have you or anybody seen the cap hit on the broncos or the saints

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,369 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

I love what the Broncos are doing in the FA market.  The Ravens always move slow but steady...so I am not surprise by their sluggish start.  But, we've picked up some steam by signing Pitta, Jacoby, Monroe, Daryl Smith and Steve Smith.  Awesome!

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I don’t care about the opponent. They’re nameless, gray faces!"

- Mike Tomlin

#7 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:02 AM

Broncos are going to be a damn tough team to beat. They are actually getting a defense to go with their already potent offense. Ware and miller together is flat out scary. Talib, Harris, Carter, Moore, and Ward. is a good secondary.

They have some pieces to be scary
Banned

#8 nowasky

nowasky

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:29 AM

According to overthecap.com:

broncos cap number 2015/2016/2017: 89, 76, 29

ravens cap number 2015/2016/2017: 108, 88, 74

this even after Talib and Ware. They are spending because they have the cap space to do it.

#9 tolucaraven

tolucaraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:40 AM

Broncos have signed a lot of bIG contract players but most of them are always on the injury report. I like the Ward signing the best, but instead of Ware ( hurt and decreasing production) better off making a push for Byrd, IMO. I'd rather have Jared Allen then Ware on a shorter term deal as well.

The Sanders deal is a real head scratcher. Especially for that $. ALWAYS on injury report, countless drops and fumbles. Bummed he isn't still on Pittsburgh. He is a worse version of Mark Clayton 2.0.

Edited by tolucaraven, 17 March 2014 - 04:42 AM.

#10 Pats

Pats

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:45 AM

Please KO them in the playoffs again if you guys face them, the AFC will be in your debt (well maybe not the steelers fans) if you can redo a 2013 mile high miracle.

#11 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:37 AM

I love what the Broncos are doing in the FA market.  The Ravens always move slow but steady...so I am not surprise by their sluggish start.  But, we've picked up some steam by signing Pitta, Jacoby, Monroe, Daryl Smith and Steve Smith.  Awesome!

#Mili

dude...we had all those guys last year and we sucked.

outside of a 35 year old steve smith..but cmon..homerism isnt cool. Broncos have a vastly superior team then us. unless ozzie addresss the frontline ill be very dissapointed. 

#12 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:56 AM

dude...we had all those guys last year and we sucked.

outside of a 35 year old steve smith..but cmon..homerism isnt cool. Broncos have a vastly superior team then us. unless ozzie addresss the frontline ill be very dissapointed. 

Get serious Sami-

Pitta out most of the year

Jones played 11 1/2 games

Monroe from midseason on

Daryl Smith played a full year.

Rice hurt all season.

Offensive line which was a sieve last season will be addressed!!

You also fail to mention the Kubiak influence and Flacco having a QB coach to lean on again. The Broncos aren't at all vastly superior. This is a new year, one of these seasons Manning is going to fall off a cliff . No one runs from father time.

Edited by Hardbaugh, 17 March 2014 - 06:03 AM.

#13 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

Get serious Sami-

Pitta out most of the year

Jones played 11 1/2 games

Monroe from midseason on

Daryl Smith played a full year.

Rice hurt all season.

Offensive line which was a sieve last season will be addressed!!

You also fail to mention the Kubiak influence and Flacco having a QB coach to lean on again. The Broncos aren't at all vastly superior. This is a new year, one of these seasons Manning is going to fall off a cliff . No one runs from father time.

i dont see why we didn't make an offer for dietrich smith. seemed reasonable and outside of mack the best option out there. unless we somehow get mack, pretty daft that we didnt get him.

#14 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

The Broncos and Patriots are probably going to be favorites going into this year from the AFC. Broncos have had a nice free agency, then when you include the draft coming up they are going to be favorites to come out of the AFC for sure. All the Ravens really did is sign their own players and a 35 year old Steve Smith. Of course Ozzie's main focus is the draft, but it would be nice to switch it up and sign one or two Great players in free agency during their prime. I don't think the Ravens will be super bowl champions this year, but I do expect them to improve on offense. I also will be interested to see how good our draft class will be from this upcoming draft.

Edited by kassaiscool, 17 March 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#15 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

Broncos are all in, Super Bowl or bust. That's a tough standard to live up to; Same for them last year when just getting to the SB wasn't good enough. They've got an All-Time QB that has 1-2 years left. I'd rather be in our position where we are building for now, and the future. Our franchise isn't locked in on just this season alone.

#16 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

Broncos are all in, Super Bowl or bust. That's a tough standard to live up to; Same for them last year when just getting to the SB wasn't good enough. They've got an All-Time QB that has 1-2 years left. I'd rather be in our position where we are building for now, and the future. Our franchise isn't locked in on just this season alone.

They are actually in a better cap situation than us with a better roster. You can look up future years as well, but they seem to be in good shape cap wise.  http://www.spotrac.c...s/cap-hit/2014/

Edited by kassaiscool, 17 March 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#17 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

i dont see why we didn't make an offer for dietrich smith. seemed reasonable and outside of mack the best option out there. unless we somehow get mack, pretty daft that we didnt get him.

Point made, looks like a fair deal.

I refuse to eat the cookie before it's done baking though. :268213:  The offseason has really just begun and I'm not sold Gradkowski can't be the guy after reading Birks words on this site.

#18 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

Obscure NFL rule. You cant have more than four players with the same last name.
We have hit our Smith cap.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#19 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

They are actually in a better cap situation than us with a better roster. You can look up future years as well, but they seem to be in good shape cap wise.  http://www.spotrac.c...s/cap-hit/2014/

They are in decent cap space. Do have to pay Von/DT very soon. But, Peyton Manning makes that team click and his time is almost up, that's really the main thing with that team. 

#20 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

They are in decent cap space. Do have to pay Von/DT very soon. But, Peyton Manning makes that team click and his time is almost up, that's really the main thing with that team. 

Ditto as Manning goes so goes the Broncos fortunes. He'll turn 38 in a few days. 

Demaryius Thomas is a UFA after this season as well.  I'll take the Ravens roster, coaching staff, and front office over Denvers any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users