Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ravens533

Ravens Dynasty - Are we there yet?

53 posts in this topic

When Harbs came here now 6 years ago, he talked about building a dynasty. As I look back over those years I think that maybe he has. When a really bad season is an 8-8 season, you have to think that winning is the norm around here. Also, we attract players that want to play for a winning team. We have players that take less money to play here. Even a lot of the talking heads are more positive about us. Looking at all we have accomplished in the last 6 years and our reputation, it there any doubt that we have indeed become a dynasty?

Dynasty's win multiple superbowls in consecutive or near consecutive years. So the answer is no.

Pretty sure you need to win multiple Superbowls in a short period of time (e.g. the 80s niners, the 90s Cowbowys, the 2000s Patriots) in order to be considered a Dynasty.  I wouldn't consider the 2007-2011 Giants a Dynasty for example, even though they won 2 in five years.

Well then, I guess that Harbs has to get us back to the SB this year to have his dynasty. But we are close to it now.

Dynasty in the NFL is 3 championships in 5 years.

We aren't even close to a dynasty.  We should be, but we are not. 

We aren't even close to a dynasty. We should be, but we are not.

Just entertain my speculation for a moment...

Suppose Evans doesn't drop that pass and we go to the SB. We beat NYG,giving us back to back Super Bowls.

I think three AFCCG and 2 Superbowls, while making the playoffs each of those five years puts us on "dynasty status".

Of course ifs and buts....

Just saying that we are / were right on the cusp. I wouldn't say we are nowhere close

Before last season we were as close as dynasty as you could get, but clearly not one. Like Fly said I think 2 SB's would've done it.

This thread reminds me of the mood on the board after Dumervil's signing last year about a SB repeat and even a new word (threepeat). I admire the enthusiasm but how about we wait until the team makes playoffs again.

A Dynasty is possible but not there yet.

When Harbs came here now 6 years ago, he talked about building a dynasty. As I look back over those years I think that maybe he has. When a really bad season is an 8-8 season, you have to think that winning is the norm around here. Also, we attract players that want to play for a winning team. We have players that take less money to play here. Even a lot of the talking heads are more positive about us. Looking at all we have accomplished in the last 6 years and our reputation, it there any doubt that we have indeed become a dynasty?

if we are talking dynasties in like AFC Championship games then yea we are there, but in regards to the Rings and Trophies , no....... only 1 in the harbaugh era, 2 overall. Now, i do believe the process is ongoing and therefore hasnt reached its potential, we'll see AFTER the season , but not before

This year will really tell us if we are a dynasty or not. We were potentially a defensive dynasty without a doubt for the past decade or so and no one will deny that. However were we a dynasty overall will depend on how this offense does moving forward. Now, that the Ravens brass has systematically removed any excuses for Flacco to perform we'll see what happens?

If Flacco thrives and puts points on the board for us and throws several more TD passes than Ints and our defensive players regain that aura, we'll definitely be on our way to being considered a dynasty. We need to make the playoffs and reach a SB or 2 and win another to be a legit dynasty!

Just entertain my speculation for a moment...

Suppose Evans doesn't drop that pass and we go to the SB. We beat NYG,giving us back to back Super Bowls.

I think three AFCCG and 2 Superbowls, while making the playoffs each of those five years puts us on "dynasty status".

Of course ifs and buts....

Just saying that we are / were right on the cusp. I wouldn't say we are nowhere close

Yeah we are a 'maybe' dynasty if we use your 'what if' scenario... but if whatifs mattered then there may have been several more dynasties out there. Consider this 'what if' - What if Peyton Manning wasn't in the NFL when he haunted us? We may have won the SB with McNair too.

However, I do concede that the Evans drop changed our history big time! I still can't believe it and it still hurts so bad...

Yeah we are a 'maybe' dynasty if we use your 'what if' scenario... but if whatifs mattered then there may have been several more dynasties out there. Consider this 'what if' - What if Peyton Manning wasn't in the NFL when he haunted us? We may have won the SB with McNair too.

However, I do concede that the Evans drop changed our history big time! I still can't believe it and it still hurts so bad...

Oh I realize that if we go the 'what if' route, then that applies to the rest of the teams as well; just trying to demonstrate how painfully close we already are

Consider there are no active dynasty teams right now, so no, but we have a chance.  We are certainly one of the top 5 teams in the league.

It's between us, Seattle, Green Bay, and possibly the giants, possibly the saints. All a common theme, young franchise qb with many years left under his belt, a good coach, and a young core of players under contract for a few years. We are the only afc team I see with real dynasty potential we just need live up to it

Dynasty's win multiple superbowls in consecutive or near consecutive years. So the answer is no.

Becuase of the stupid salary cap!

If we solidify our O-line and our Defense than yes. And maybe expose loopholes in the bogus salary cap.

I'm jealous of Baltimore's level of consistency over the years.  A dynasty is a nice thing to strive for but isn't realistic.   The Ravens are a model that every team should try to emulate.   

We lack star power on this team. We don't have a difference maker

We aren't even close to a dynasty. We should be, but we are not.

I do agree that Dynasties are 3 titles in 5 seasons. But we are relatively close. We're 33% there, a helluva lot closer than MANY other teams.

We lack star power on this team. We don't have a difference maker

We do lack star power but that's the good thing about the NFL. One or two stars won't bring you a title, you need system complimentary pieces to your best players and a sound system and we definitely have both.

Not a dynasty yet, but definitely "elite". :-)

Ha yeah, 8-8 sure is the record of an "elite" team. We need to stop worrying about dynasties and start worrying about locking up winnable games in the W column before we break our arms patting ourselves on the back.

Dynasties only come around every once in a bluemoon. Its so hard to repeat as champions in today's NFL because of the fact that its hard to retain your players. Obviously the reason you got to the SB is because you have playmakers on both sides of the ball and its hard to keep them when they have the leverage to go out and get extremely overpaid. To the players winning a Sb is the cherry on top of their career...and afterwards they just want to go after money and take it easy lol

For the Ravens...we are a very respectable organization who has had good success over the years.

158-129-1 (reg season)

14-7  (Playoffs)

and the big 2-0 in the super bowl

Dynasties' had an elite/HOF caliber play at qb.So I would say consistent, but no where near dynasty

Tom Brady in the mid 2000s says hello

Ha yeah, 8-8 sure is the record of an "elite" team. We need to stop worrying about dynasties and start worrying about locking up winnable games in the W column before we break our arms patting ourselves on the back.

8-8 is not elite.  When talking about dynasties (dynasty's?), we talk about how good teams are over the course of several years.  When we talk about how good the Ravens have been for several years, they are certainly elite.  They are good enough to withstand an 8-8 season and still be elite team.

Whoop!  There it is!

#Mili