Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rmw10

Ravens re-sign WR Jacoby Jones - 4 years

271 posts in this topic

Glad to see Jacoby's not going anywhere... and I'm sure his deal won't break the bank.

I am very happy we were able to keep this guy....  So many people don't like him. They want MORE...  personally,  I think he's a good guy to have on your team, period........

I thought for sure he was gone. Nice! But they also know they aren't finished at receiver, something tells me it's gonna be Smith and maybe Sanders - also a WR early in the draft so that is something good to look forward to. Also, they are in contact with Mack so they aren't messing around here. They know that they need to improve the OL dramatically and give Flacco more weapons.

Thank you football gods! 

I was going to hate to have to remove him from our roster on Madden.

That's what I'm curious about.  I'm excited, but I need to know the terms first.

I had this topic posted probably a minute after yours lol. I like this deal however depending on the money. Jacoby Jones was a great player for us.

Signed strictly as a return man and a a 3rd or 4th receiver as he has been. I'm just glad we to keep seeing him dance. Lol

Glad to see Jacoby's not going anywhere... and I'm sure his deal won't break the bank.

Especially for 4 years.  That was clearly to spread out the bonus and reduce the cap hits.  If he leaves after 2 years, we shouldn't be too much in the hole, much like the Matt Birk signing.

Good news. Still hoping we can land Steve Smith to play opposite Torrey, don't want to go into the season with the same receivers we had last year, that clearly wasn't good enough. Even with a healthy Pitta.

I'm happy we're getting some consistency. If we could pick up a centenary Smith I'm good til the draft.

I love that we're keeping our own guys this year.  Pitta, Monroe, and Jacoby all locked up.  Let's hope we can work something out with Daryl Smith and/or Corey Graham as well.

Sweet, now we are set with our top 3 wideouts, just need to bring in some more young talent in the draft. I wasn't anticipating this any time soon as I figured he would test the market some more. Wonder what the specifics are...

If he's expensive, I will loose my mind. I love Jacoby as a person and as a returner. But he offers next to nothing as a receiver. He's a home run threat, but I hope we don't see him on the field much outside of returning kicks.

I love that we're keeping our own guys this year.  Pitta, Monroe, and Jacoby all locked up.  Let's hope we can work something out with Daryl Smith and/or Corey Graham as well.

Yeah.... 

Ozzie is trying to keep the blessings we have.. 

We have our TE, WR1, WR3, LT....

He should go after Dayrl next.....

But I wouldn't be surprised if we went after an actual FA rather than keeping our own guys

Yessss I wanted 3/4 between Monroe, Jacoby Pitta, and Daryl Smith. Damn, I really like Smith tho.

To be honest, last year I saw Jones make some tremendous catches with just his hands, seemed he actually acted like a wide receiver in some spots last year. I cant recall the game but I believe it was a 4th down and the game was over if not converted and Flacco fired a rocket over the middle and Jones just plucked it out of midair making a tremendous hands catch. I think it is a great signing, and not advocating the Ravens end their receiver search there and still have a lot of work to do, but in spread sets with Flacco in the shotgun and in play actions Jones could still be a pretty decent receiving threat. Kubiak just needs to stay away from the Dante Stallworth move where he only puts Jones in on plays the Ravens go deep...don't need to give the defense any tips on what the plays going to be...

Nice. Im glad hes back as our #3 and returner. This will be a friendly deal I'm sure for 4 years. Im thinking an average of 3 mil a year.

I love that we have gotten Jacoby signed, and I have a feeling his deal is cap friendly for us.