Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
itscbm5042

What Player Was in Ozzie's Office Pen-in-hand When Jerry Jones Flew In With His Jet?

15 posts in this topic

Ozzie just said he had a guy in his office ready to sign who got up from the table because Jerry Jones flew in on his private jet?? What player was this and when did it happen?

Whoever the Cowboys sign, I guess. I don't think they have very much cap space, so I doubt they could outbid us.

Whoever the Cowboys sign, I guess. I don't think they have very much cap space, so I doubt they could outbid us.

It wasn't this year, it was a past occurrence.

Jeremy Mincey maybe? He's a good defensive lineman and he just signed with Dallas.

Is there a link for that story?

Ozzie just said he had a guy in his office ready to sign who got up from the table because Jerry Jones flew in on his private jet?? What player was this and when did it happen?

Whoever he is, he's finishing 8-8 this year

"We tried to sign Broderick Thomas as a free agent," Newsome said. "I had him in the office."

The Dallas Cowboys linebacker, struggling with his decision, called teammate Deion Sanders, a buddy.

"Deion got [Cowboys owner] Jerry [Jones] on the phone, and Jerry sent the plane," Newsome said. "He went back to Dallas."

http://articles.philly.com/2001-01-23/sports/25308743_1_ravens-defense-ray-lewis-peter-boulware

TO! That's it and I thought it might be him but didn't know - wow he was in the office with the contract in front of him and got up and onto Jerry Jone's private jet. This is why they should jam cell phones of agents coming into the signing room haha

UPDATE - No this isn't right this is different when in 2004 the Ravens thought they traded for him but some kind of weird deadline thing happened.

Edited by itscbm5042

"We tried to sign Broderick Thomas as a free agent," Newsome said. "I had him in the office."The Dallas Cowboys linebacker, struggling with his decision, called teammate Deion Sanders, a buddy."Deion got [Cowboys owner] Jerry [Jones] on the phone, and Jerry sent the plane," Newsome said. "He went back to Dallas."http://articles.philly.com/2001-01-23/sports/25308743_1_ravens-defense-ray-lewis-peter-boulware

Thank you. This question is popping up all over.

Thank you. This question is popping up all over.

And apparently because of this they signed McCrary instead...good move haha

"We tried to sign Broderick Thomas as a free agent," Newsome said. "I had him in the office."

The Dallas Cowboys linebacker, struggling with his decision, called teammate Deion Sanders, a buddy.

"Deion got [Cowboys owner] Jerry [Jones] on the phone, and Jerry sent the plane," Newsome said. "He went back to Dallas."

http://articles.philly.com/2001-01-23/sports/25308743_1_ravens-defense-ray-lewis-peter-boulware

Thank you for posting this, very cool to look back.