Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cushrinada1986

Are Ravens clearing spots for new WR's

31 posts in this topic

With J.J being looked at in FA, and Doss not being tendered, as well as Deonte's current arrest issue, and Stokelys retirement, Looks like the Ravens will have potentially 4 slots available coming FA and the draft, what say you ravens nation? Will there be a whole new young squad of WRs or will there be a mix of vets in there as well. The draft is full of depth and a few start WRs but with the names available in FA, it can go either way.

I wouldn't mind a double WR dip at the draft. Someone like Odell Beckham Jr first and maybe Kevin Norwood later. I'd definitely want a free agent too if Jacoby isn't re-signed.

1 FA guy with return potential and 2 guys in the draft are what I like but as long as we get our guy, I am happy

And with the Browns seriously in the Darrelle Revis hunt it puts added pressure on getting talent at WR

And with the Browns seriously in the Darrelle Revis hunt it puts added pressure on getting talent at WR

If they do get Revis, it would be harder for them to keep Alex Mack if another team made a run at him.

I think it's funny how the worse teams look at a quick fix overpaid single player answer rather than wisely improving all over the roster.

If they do get Revis, it would be harder for them to keep Alex Mack if another team made a run at him.

Those are the opportunities Ozzie lives for.   :)

I think it's funny how the worse teams look at a quick fix overpaid single player answer rather than wisely improving all over the roster.

Happens every year. Like the Dolphins last year. Some teams can't draft and need to create fan buzz with splash moves. However, that Browns defense was already a top 10 defense. They're reportedly close to signing Whitner already. So if they get Revis too, we may be worried. 

I think we make a move for at least one vet receiver, one rookie receiver, and one rookie TE.  You've got a new OC coming in with a new system, and I'm sure his criteria for WRs and TEs is different - plus 2 new position coaches who probably also have different criteria with regard to the types of players they think will succeed in Kubiak's offense.

Would love if we could get Nix but he'll be worth to much probably.  i wouldn't mind if we got Tate or Smith for the right price.  I really hope we dont go for Decker or Edelman though, they'll prove I think to be more product their QBs than true top receivers

I like Steve Smith. He plays with intensity at all times. Plus we also sign Daniels and trade up for Watkins we could have a very good offense. Pick a late round running back with something to prove. Sign Mack from Cleveland and a vet Tackle or move KO and move in Jensen.

Sign Steve and leave it alone.  Hopefully some good receiving talent falls to us at 17.

And yes, find a way to keep JJ. please.

I don't think so.  Doss was non-tendered because we could have interest in bringing him back on a cheap deal.  We're still in contact with Jacoby as well.  While we have open spots, I don't think it's because we're set on free agents.  It's very possible both of them are back. even though Doss likely wouldn't make the team in that case.

rmw10, on 11 Mar 2014 - 8:40 PM, said:

I don't think so.  Doss was non-tendered because we could have interest in bringing him back on a cheap deal.  We're still in contact with Jacoby as well.  While we have open spots, I don't think it's because we're set on free agents.  It's very possible both of them are back. even though Doss likely wouldn't make the team in that case.

Hopefully Doss is done as a Raven. He was resigned as a cheap band aid after being cut and sitting at home without a job. Physically talented, but............... 

I like Steve Smith. He plays with intensity at all times. Plus we also sign Daniels and trade up for Watkins we could have a very good offense. Pick a late round running back with something to prove. Sign Mack from Cleveland and a vet Tackle or move KO and move in Jensen.

I like what you are saying here. Not sure the Watkins thing works, but OK!

Go    :argdancingravensblueonwkk8:

Sign Steve and leave it alone.  Hopefully some good receiving talent falls to us at 17.

And yes, find a way to keep JJ. please.

Could you imagine if we signed Steve Smith and drafted Marquis Lee?  With Torrey and Lee outside, and Marlon and Smith inside, that might be the best set of receivers in franchise history.

Hopefully Doss is done as a Raven. He was resigned as a cheap band aid after being cut and sitting at home without a job. Physically talented, but............... 

I like Doss. I think he improved last year there were some things he mess up on such as with drop passes and etc but I'm really interested in seeing how well he can perform in a west coast offense. He step up his game last year and was one of the best punt returners in the league before Jacoby Jones returned from his injury. If Jones doesn't return then I expect Doss to be back .

Happens every year. Like the Dolphins last year. Some teams can't draft and need to create fan buzz with splash moves. However, that Browns defense was already a top 10 defense. They're reportedly close to signing Whitner already. So if they get Revis too, we may be worried. 

I'd have to agree here.  The browns are an improving team.  Balanced defense and, if they get Watkins, they'll have two of the best receivers in the division.  

I don't think its wise to go crazy on a shopping spree, but I wouldn't mind signing one more bigger name player before the bargain hunting begins (Byrd, Mack, Edelman, S Smith), as long as the price wasn't too obscene. Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised with Monroe's final average price.

Of course, if none of those signings happen, I'm sure the FO can work some magic to get some good deals across our roster.  Still like Daryl Smith and Corey Graham, and I like Owen Daniels, De La Puente, Avant, and others (especially those who were cap casualties).

With J.J being looked at in FA, and Doss not being tendered, as well as Deonte's current arrest issue, and Stokelys retirement, Looks like the Ravens will have potentially 4 slots available coming FA and the draft, what say you ravens nation? Will there be a whole new young squad of WRs or will there be a mix of vets in there as well. The draft is full of depth and a few start WRs but with the names available in FA, it can go either way.

1. FA- S.smith (hopefully for a cheap deal)

2. FA- H.nicks

3.Draft- OBJ, Cooks, or Landry.... (trade down in the 1st rd.) so we can have more draft picks

4. I agree with Revanseconbeast- Mellette (give him more playing time to continue to prove himself)

5. If JJ leaves go after T.ginn or D.hester (if they could come for a fair deal)

Put in another option just in case... Go Ravens!

We should have picked up Smith a few years ago when he had a few left now it might be to late. 

Stay away from Hester.  He lost a step and his hands are marginal at best. 

FA-Tate,Smith,Sanders or Nicks

Draft-Get Mike Evans and Jordan Matthews.

Get rid of Doss and Thompson and pickup a second tight end whether in FA or Draft.

Leaving us with a core of :FA WR,Torrey,Marlon,Evans, Matthews,Mellette,Pitta and 2nd TE.

Actually, I'm pleasantly surprised with Monroe's final average price.

Of course, if none of those signings happen, I'm sure the FO can work some magic to get some good deals across our roster.  Still like Daryl Smith and Corey Graham, and I like Owen Daniels, De La Puente, Avant, and others (especially those who were cap casualties).

I was surprised with Monroes price as well, especially seeing as a couple tackles got significantly more money.

I'd almost say Owen Daniels is a lock to come here. Under the radar, yet very productive player for Kubiak. And we all know Dickson can't be relied upon lol. 

Clemons/Peppers are a few cap casualties I really like. We could bring them in on 1-2 year deals at a reasonable price to fill the void left by Art Jones.