35 replies to this topic

#1 ravensnick

ravensnick

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Due to the fact Oher, is most likely gone from the Ravens (Thank God), what is the chance KO becomes a RT again? With experience at the Tackle position lacking if Monroe and Oher leave, would it be a good idea to stick in a guy with some playing time under his belt at the position? I think this could be really important as it would determine if we go after a tackle or guard in the draft/FA.

Edited by ravensnick, 07 March 2014 - 11:19 PM.

Owner/GM/Coach of the Shaolin Cuban Lynx

Diggs (Quandre) and Diggs(Stefon) 2015!

#2 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,088 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this title was soon changed to "KO to LT?" since it was brought up last year. 

As for the current topic, not sure how I feel but I could see it happen. I think it depends. I could see it go either way. 

#3 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

You know what I would've been more interested to see. Oher at guard. I've said this multiple times, but for some reason think Oher would've made a really good guard of they tried him out there. I'd rather keep KO at LG or try him at LT in camp. Preferably keep him at guard and bring in tackles and a new center. I never could have thought our o line could play as poorly as they did last year.

Edited by redrum52, 07 March 2014 - 11:26 PM.

#4 blitzking33

blitzking33

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this title was soon changed to "KO to LT?" since it was brought up last year. 

As for the current topic, not sure how I feel but I could see it happen. I think it depends. I could see it go either way. 

If KO moves to LT... I'd like to see Ricky Wagner to RT

Posted Image

Let Pierce tot the ROC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

I would rather have KO at LG but if we are not sold on Wagner or whoever we get to address the position, KO can fill that position in a pinch. But with that said, so can Yanda. I would only put KO or Yanda at a tackle position for worst case scenario because I think both either have the potential or are elite guards. KO really took off when he played guard in the super bowl run, said he preferred to play inside, and has the size and long arms to do some serious damage inside. Why not give our Center whoever that is, 2 studs on either side to make it easier for them.

In Ozzie we Trust

Dallas Cowboys GM

General  Manager/Owner of the

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Puffins

#6 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,585 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

I never liked this idea. He was serviceable as a RT, but when healthy as a LG, he was dominant. I'd rather keep him there.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#7 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,402 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:50 AM

If KO is healthy and we find a capable starter at LG then yes, as bad as the growing pains could be he'll be an upgrade over Oher.

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.

#8 Puntit

Puntit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:12 AM

I hope Wagner and Jensen emerge as starters quickly because if we truly lose both tackles and also decide to upgrade at center in the same year, that really just leaves us with Yanda and KO, and KO may still be gimpy. I think Ozzie is going to have to work a lot of magic, because i dont picture a line of Wagner, Jensen, Yanda, KO and Gino being particularly effective, and thats really all we have right now if we dont sign/resign anyone.

#9 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

KO can definitely play RT .. With his size/athleticism if he was given time to develop I think he could be a Pro Bowl caliber RT. Depends how the chips fall in the draft/free agency. I think it's definitely easier to find a plug and play guard than it is to find a tackle. 

Side note: Where is Jah? Wasn't that guy a 3rd rounder at one point?

Edited by TDubbs, 08 March 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#10 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

I never liked this idea. He was serviceable as a RT, but when healthy as a LG, he was dominant. I'd rather keep him there.

Agreed.  We are seemingly in a position to build a dominant O line and at this time have no pressure to play guys out of position. Hopefully KO is healthy(and remains so!) and is kept at LG.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#11 ravensdan

ravensdan

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

Just a thought...

Ossemele/Martin/puente/yanda/Wagner.

2014 BR.COM Forum Franchise Draft

NY Giants

Round 1: Zack Martin(OT/G), Notre Dame  Round 2:  Demarcus Lawrence(DE), Boise St.  Round 4:  Preston Brown(LB), Louisville.  Round 4:  Devonta Freeman(RB), Florida St. Round 4:  Devin Street(Wr), Pitt.  Round 5:  Aaron Murray(QB) Georgia  Round 6:  Jalen Saunders(Wr), Oklahoma, Round 6:  Marcus Williams(CB), North Dakota State  UDFA:  Willie Snead(WR) Ball State, Alden Darby(S)Arizona state, Antonio Andrews(RB) WKU

#12 OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

Will KO even be healthy enough to play?
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

#13 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

Will KO even be healthy enough to play?

I anticipate that he will be ready to go by Training Camp. From what I've read the injury doesn't seem to be that bad.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#14 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

Its a fall back plan...but hopefully we can keep him at his best which is at LG

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#15 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

KO can definitely play RT .. With his size/athleticism if he was given time to develop I think he could be a Pro Bowl caliber RT. Depends how the chips fall in the draft/free agency. I think it's definitely easier to find a plug and play guard than it is to find a tackle. 

Side note: Where is Jah? Wasn't that guy a 3rd rounder at one point?

HarBoo must of put him in the dog house!

#16 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

I hope not, He was a decent RT, I just don't see him at LT. With his back issues RT would make sense, so he can take of some weight. Playing guard means using your back against bigger loads. Which he could reinjure himself. Your probably correct though. He will get a shot at LT, cause I just don't see the Ravens spending big bucks on a LT. Lets pray Lewan falls to 17.

#17 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

HarBoo must of put him in the dog house!

Considering how uniquely awful Jah has been when he got playing time, if he is in the doghouse he deserves it.

#18 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

Considering how uniquely awful Jah has been when he got playing time, if he is in the doghouse he deserves it.

He was decent at guard. He didn't get on the field 1 snap last year! He would have been better then Shipley IMHO.

#19 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

KO will probably fill in where we need.  However, I suppose the hope is to play him at guard

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#20 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

He was decent at guard. He didn't get on the field 1 snap last year! He would have been better then Shipley IMHO.

honestly sihpley was better in preseason than jah.   Jah is just a horrible fit for the zbs

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users