Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ausman

Reason to be Optimistic Ravens will win AFC North

82 posts in this topic

1). We have an easier schedule instead of a 1st place schedule.

2). Defense still is good

3). Dennis Pitta and Torrey Smith continue to establish chemistry with Joe Flacco.

4). Older Steelers and same old Browns.

And

5). Mike Zimmer is no longer with the Bengals. (He killed us for years with his defensive schemes) This is what I'm most excited about!.

And Andy Dalton is still the QB of the Bengals

Dude threw 4 ugly INTs and they still CRUSHED us....looking back at the 2013 schedule is like looking at the arc of the covenant. FACE MELTED

What is scary is that the Bengals are good enough to make the playoffs even with Dalton

Yes but when they do....Dalton shrivels up. 

Yup but imagine if they actually got a good qb. With all their talent, they could win the big one. At least they have the tough schedule this year

And how many times do you think that he'll keep doing that UNTIL he finally breaks through?  Can't keep sleeping on this kid!

#Mili

And how many times do you think that he'll keep doing that UNTIL he finally breaks through?  Can't keep sleeping on this kid!

#Mili

He has been in the playoffs the past what...2 or 3 seasons and still has yet to prove anything to anyone. I just think with all the weapons he has around him and the great defense he has...he should be doing much better.

But CLE has a ton of money, cap space, and high draft picks. If their management nails the draft an FA, with the defense they already have, wouldn't be surprised if they win 10 games next year. Even with Andy 'MAD magazine cover' Dalton and Geno Atkins back, they'll only keep winning 10+ games. They're too young, good, and dynamic. The Squeelers will be formidable but still too old and doubt they surpass their win total of last season esp playing the 2nd place schedule.

#Mili

Even Matt Ryan finally won a playoff game and the biggest choker of all, Manning, once won a Super Bowl. Sooner or later, the Bengals defense will be good enough to offset Dalton.

Even Matt Ryan finally won a playoff game and the biggest choker of all, Manning, once won a Super Bowl. Sooner or later, the Bengals defense will be good enough to offset Dalton.

Did u read my forum? Mike Zimmer is no longer there! He was the only reason the Bengals defense was good in the first place. That's why I'm excited that Zimmer is not coaching against us anymore!

If you consider all teams equal, we all have a 1 in 32 chance of winning the whole thing.  But not all teams are even.  The odds are against the Bengals, and there defense should not be as good next year.  You would have thought that at some point our defense would have been good enough to overcome Boller 10 years ago.  Tom Brady has not been "good enough" to offset his defense in the past 9 years.  The steelers and Ravens will go to the Super Bowl again before the Bengals do.

Can't really give a good assessment until after Free Agency and the Draft, but as of right now it is unlikely anyone will be toppling Cincinnati from the top spot.

Pittsburgh played well at the end of the year but they do have personnel issues. Still, figure them to be battling with us for 2nd and 3rd in the Division again.

And how many times do you think that he'll keep doing that UNTIL he finally breaks through? Can't keep sleeping on this kid!

#Mili

I'm with this train of thought. He's a young guy. People said the same things about Flacco early. Ravens had the benefit of a clutch defense early and a very good run game. If it starts to click with Dalton, the North is in trouble.

He has been in the playoffs the past what...2 or 3 seasons and still has yet to prove anything to anyone. I just think with all the weapons he has around him and the great defense he has...he should be doing much better.

Sure, he has great weapons around him and eventually, he'll get it done!  Remember, the Bengals won the AFC North last season.  It's just a matter of time.  Later more than sooner I hope.

Agreed!

I'm with this train of thought. He's a young guy. People said the same things about Flacco early. Ravens had the benefit of a clutch defense early and a very good run game. If it starts to click with Dalton, the North is in trouble.

That's what I'm saying!

#Mili

I'm with you, what I believe his problem is them INT's....him throwing 4 in a game and winning a game in the regular season is one thing, but trying to pull that off in the playoff is another. Seems like if it isn't a deep ball completion by Green...its a interception. He should be better, and this year he has a lot to prove, because to me, when I look at his numbers, his turnovers have gone up every year...I don't see any improvements

#Mili

Honestly? Forever. I just can't see the guy doing anymore than he has already done.

Flacco also made the playoffs and won playoff games every year up until last year.. with an equally talented roster virtually.

Dalton is a choker. He tried his hardest to gift wrap us a playoff spot in week 17.. HE is what people accuse Flacco of being..mediocre.

4. Older Steelers and same old Browns?

Didn't we lose a game to both teams last year and both will likely be better, so Ravens had better have stuff together including a quality OL and LT.

The Bengals are gonna be a question mark in 2014 with so many changes. Their corners are suspect, safeties are getting up in age. The strength of their D is in the front seven, in which they get their best player back in Gino Atkins. Offensively, I don't think their run game is all that scary. Bernard their Rb isn't a every down back, and their o-line is ok. The best thing about their offense is their skill positioned players. They make the offense, if they get any big injuries at that position they are in trouble. This is a make or break season for Dalton he either wins a playoff game or he is known as the main reason the bengals aren't winning playoff games. They lost one of the best defensive coaches in the nfl as well.

Can't really give a good assessment until after Free Agency and the Draft, but as of right now it is unlikely anyone will be toppling Cincinnati from the top spot.

Pittsburgh played well at the end of the year but they do have personnel issues. Still, figure them to be battling with us for 2nd and 3rd in the Division again.

Really?  Cincy wins one north title and 0 playoff games and now they are world beaters? Lets see how they do with a  first place schedule with Manning and Brady to play. One thing I have noticed. All those lucky breaks you get one year don't necessarily continue over to the next. I still say our main rival is Pitt and thats not gonna change as long as BigBen is at the QB posiiton.

Damn, I was going to say that

I was sitting right by where the view in your signature comes from! If that's game 1 of the 2012 ALDS.

Only 175 days until the start of the regular season. :)

Do you know what your team looks like?

At this very moment I think they look like an 8-8, 9-7 team at best. Still have plenty of holes to fill and I'm confident we do so.