wizard1

Is Eric Decker coming Baltimore?(ESPN Rumor)

66 posts in this topic

I just heard on ESPN that the Ravens are wanting to bring Eric Decker on board. Can anyone confirm this rumor?

Are you sure you heard that or are you just making that up?  No reports/rumors/talks anywhere, even on Twitter.

Nope not a single thing about that.   

Hope we don't pursue him either.   He is incredibly overrated.

Wow I'm thinking the opposite. He would fit well with Kubiaks offensive scheme of a big target and possession type receiver.

Wow I'm thinking the opposite. He would fit well with Kubiaks offensive scheme of a big target and possession type receiver.

I'm guessing you made up the espn thing.   

Are you sure you heard that or are you just making that up?  No reports/rumors/talks anywhere, even on Twitter.

It was just on ESPN radio that the Ravens might be interested. Thats why I was trying confirm it.

It was just on ESPN radio that the Ravens might be interested. Thats why I was trying confirm it.

We're interested in every single big name FA out there at the vet minimum.  It's the season of speculation.  That's not a rumor.

Manning makes him look good......totally overrated.......either 1.5mil/yr or adios.....

Manning would make Pee Wee Herman look good but I can't argue that Eric Decker might fit in with Flacco.

There is an article on ESPN that says Decker is overrated and will be over paid in the offseason... But no mention of us.

A much better FA would be Jason Avant. He was cut by Philly, so he wouldn't affect our comp picks next year. Thrives on 3rd down as a reliable possession receiver with good hands. Would be a great value, one right up Ozzies alley.

Edited by bMore Heathen

Never trust anything(rumor wise) from wizard1

Really? What rumor have I ever started/ You can review my posts-I have never started a rumor. But thanks for your input.

There is an article on ESPN that says Decker is overrated and will be over paid in the offseason... But no mention of us.

A much better FA would be Jason Avant. He was cut by Philly, so he wouldn't affect our comp picks next year. Thrives on 3rd down as a reliable possession receiver with good hands. Would be a great value, one right up Ozzies alley.

Avant makes a lot of sense, I could see Ozzie doing that.

Jason Avant is not better than Decker.   That being said, both players are in a completely different ballgame.   Decker is young and ripe for a fat check in FA.  Avant is in his 30's and mired w/ injuries.   Both had some series of success, but neither are really the answer to our passing woes.

Jason Avant is not better than Decker.   That being said, both players are in a completely different ballgame.   Decker is young and ripe for a fat check in FA.  Avant is in his 30's and mired w/ injuries.   Both had some series of success, but neither are really the answer to our passing woes.

I don't think Decker is the answer either but what about Marquise Lee at number 17-that guy is a beast!

Jason Avant is not better than Decker. That being said, both players are in a completely different ballgame. Decker is young and ripe for a fat check in FA. Avant is in his 30's and mired w/ injuries. Both had some series of success, but neither are really the answer to our passing woes.

First of all I never said Avant is better then Decker. I said he would be a better value. If Decker is set on 8 or 9 mil a year, there is no way he is worth bringing in.

Second, I don't know why people think 1 player is going to come in and solve all of our problems on offense. The point is to upgrade the players you have. Avant is an upgrade over Tandon Doss and Deonte Thompson and would fit a certain role in our passing game.

Edited by bMore Heathen

Only Allen Iverson is The Answer. Decker's a good #2. Beats press coverage with his size/strength better than any WR we have right now, but we need to pay Torrey next year. Better off going t/ the draft. 

Considering he wants something along the lines of a $65M contract...aint gonna happen.

Our best bet at snagging a bigname freeagent WR is Hakeem Nicks.

He has talent but if he was smart he'd avoid our team, his stat line would read like 28 receptions and one touchdown.

In this WR class, there are not too many FAs who I would go for. Maybe Avant but that is about it. Why not spend the money in other positions not as deep in the draft and then take advantage of the deep draft for the positions that are still needs?

He has talent but if he was smart he'd avoid our team, his stat line would read like 28 receptions and one touchdown.

He is an amazing weapon and he returns kicks-that guy is the truth!

Everyone should calm down on the hate of Eric Decker until he proves it's all about the system under Manning. Decker has had two consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons with a combined 24 touchdowns in the last two years. As a number 2 next to Torrey Smith he could draw some attention make Torrey better or when Torrey's under attention, he could be even better. He is going to command a lot of money, which the Ravens will likely never consider paying, but if we could get him I would love to get him. Same with Hakeem Nicks.

Only Allen Iverson is The Answer. Decker's a good #2. Beats press coverage with his size/strength better than any WR we have right now, but we need to pay Torrey next year. Better off going t/ the draft. 

He does? Really? That's not what I saw in the Super Bowl

In all honesty, he doesn't beat press man and is quite soft. It's why the Broncos use lots of pick routes to keep cornerbacks off their receivers.

Edited by BmoreBird22

Everyone should calm down on the hate of Eric Decker until he proves it's all about the system under Manning. Decker has had two consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons with a combined 24 touchdowns in the last two years. As a number 2 next to Torrey Smith he could draw some attention make Torrey better or when Torrey's under attention, he could be even better. He is going to command a lot of money, which the Ravens will likely never consider paying, but if we could get him I would love to get him. Same with Hakeem Nicks.

I like how you say we should stop until he proves he's not a product of Manning, but use his best two year stretch under Manning as a reason why he could be good.

Edited by BmoreBird22

He isn't a better player, but a better value in terms of what we can probably pay him and what he'll produce, compared to Decker.  Avant is a number 3 receiver who we can pay like a number 3.  Decker is at best a number 2 receiver who will probably get number 1 receiver type money.  I think you're right on when you said Decker will get the fat check.  I think what Avant could give us though is some flexibility in terms of drafting.  As it stands now we should be looking at drafting a receiver capable of taking over the number 2 spot and flipping Marlon to number 3.  Avant may not bring that, but he brings enough stability that if we were to draft somewhat of a project that shouldn't be starting right away, we could probably get away with it.

He does? Really? That's not what I saw in the Super Bowl

In all honesty, he doesn't beat press man and is quite soft. It's why the Broncos use lots of pick routes to keep cornerbacks off their receivers.

Soft is such an exaggeration. Plenty of film out there where he's outmuscleing DBs and beating them. Look at what he did to KC.

Soft is such an exaggeration. Plenty of film out there where he's outmuscleing DBs and beating them. Look at what he did to KC.

And look at what Seattle did to him.

I went ahead and watched his big highlight film from week 13 and the Broncos used a lot of bunch formations to ensure free releases at the line of scrimmage. He also was wide open on several of those throws because he could just outrun the opposing quarterback and get a perfect pass from Manning. It's also worth noting most of his damage was done against Marcus Cooper (rookie drafted in the 7th round), who was also abused by Demaryius Thomas, with the exception of a long catch against Brandon Flowers.

Edited by BmoreBird22

I just heard on ESPN that the Ravens are wanting to bring Eric Decker on board. Can anyone confirm this rumor?

Better worrie about a LT, C , RT......

I have the answer -and it is Marquise Lee at #17

Oh man. I love that kid. He's better than Evans but wasn't the buzz at the combine b/c Evans impressed greatly w/ his stature. I'd be verrrry happy taking Lee at #17 and avoiding a big ticket WR like Decker. 

Then who?  I hear this term "not the answer" being thrown around in here quite a bit when it comes to certain players and their positions.  So, I am just wondering "WHO" is this mythical "answer" that we need at a few positions?

#Mili

Then who?  I hear this term "not the answer" being thrown around in here quite a bit when it comes to certain players and their positions.  So, I am just wondering "WHO" is this mythical "answer" that we need at a few positions?

#Mili

Haven't you realized when it comes to these fans, there is no answer? 

Edited by BmoreBird22

I vote NO to us bringing in any FA receivers, unless the price is just right.  Guys like Nicks, Jones, Decker and Edelman all have their different question marks, which is why I wouldn't spend big money on any of them.

And look at what Seattle did to him.

I went ahead and watched his big highlight film from week 13 and the Broncos used a lot of bunch formations to ensure free releases at the line of scrimmage. He also was wide open on several of those throws because he could just outrun the opposing quarterback and get a perfect pass from Manning. It's also worth noting most of his damage was done against Marcus Cooper (rookie drafted in the 7th round), who was also abused by Demaryius Thomas, with the exception of a long catch against Brandon Flowers.

What would Seattle do to our current receivers? My original point was he's better at beating press man than any receiver we currently have. Who on our roster is better than him at that? Like I said hes a good #2, I don't see him coming here so the point is moot. 

Nah, we have M.Brown filling those shoes already

This is what I was thinking. I thought brown is a real gem who can do great things for us, at a great price no less, but he seems to be continuously overlooked in this discussion.

One guy who I think(depending on how high his asking price is) that is being over looked in the FA WR pool is James Jones, I'm no GM but I think he's worth looking at, could be a nice fit.

Unlike many here I would not immediately reject the idea of bringing in Decker. I would like for the Ravens to give him or any agent he may have a call, but to be willing to back out if it is clear that it will cost too much. At the same time, we have plenty of open cap space, therefore we do not have to be as careful now as we have in recent years.

Kurt Warner speculated that Decker would be a good fit in Baltimore.  But everything is speculation.  I would not say no to Decker but he's probably too expensive for us.

Decker is a jerk too, nasty attitude. His stats nearly doubled Tebow's last year to Mannings first year. (I know that is the complete opposite of the spectrum for QBs, but still.)

Product of Manning, overrated, wants too much, bad personality. Stay away please!

Edited by lgcs27288

I like how you say we should stop until he proves he's not a product of Manning, but use his best two year stretch under Manning as a reason why he could be good.

Yes, but the other two years were his first two in the NFL and he improved drastically from his rookie season to his second year. Plus let's not forget his quarterback before Manning was Tebow. Flacco is definitely closer to Manning than to Tebow, with a strong arm who likes to throw and can find his guys open when given time. I don't think he's an elite receiver, but he's a really good one and would for sure make our offense better and would make the plays we need guys to make next season.

Edited by juanman7