Photo

Free Agent List-who's staying, who's going.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 monkeycatt

monkeycatt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Michael Oher, OT---GONE
Corey Graham, CB---GONE
Tandon Doss, WR---GONE
Jacoby Jones, WR?
Dallas Clark, TE---GONE
Ed Dickson, TE---GONE
Dennis Pitta, TE---STAY
Eugene Monroe, OT---STAY?
Arthur Jones, DE---GONE
Terrence Cody, DT---?
Daryl Smith, LB---STAY?
Corey Graham, CB---GONE
James Ihedigbo, S---GONE
Jeromy Miles, S---GONE
Vonta Leach, FB---GONE
Jameel McClain, LB---GONE

what do you guys think?

i'm really lost on jacoby jones, terence cody and daryl smith....it could really go either way.

#2 lgcs27288

lgcs27288

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Corey Graham is on there twice. I think we keep D. Smith and Jones though.

By the way, what part of Tampa are you in?

Edited by lgcs27288, 28 February 2014 - 09:46 PM.

"Think like a man of action and act like a man of thought" - Henri Louis Bergson

What would 52 do?

#3 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,497 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

I think Monroe, Smith, Doss, and Miles (cheap ST depth) stay, and I'm 50/50 on Graham until I see what kind of contract Monroe gets.  I see everyone else walking.

#4 monkeycatt

monkeycatt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Corey Graham is on there twice. I think we keep D. Smith and Jones though.

and he's GONE twice!  LOL. 

#5 monkeycatt

monkeycatt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

By the way, what part of Tampa are you in?

live in brandon, work in tampa (waters dale mabry area)

#6 ravensfan520

ravensfan520

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

I think Monroe, Smith, Doss, and Miles (cheap ST depth) stay, and I'm 50/50 on Graham until I see what kind of contract Monroe gets. I see everyone else walking.

Monroe if he hits the market and the same for Smith if they hit the market both will probably be gone. So by saying that I believe if it happens we will resign Oher and draft the lineman from Michigan. I already believe will will resign McClain to a smaller contract but if Smith leaves than McClain will be signed even sooner. Doss stays and Jones leaves. Draft Matthews in the second. A rb in the third free safety with first comp pick and te with second comp pick. Next cbs and lineman(o or d)

Edited by ravensfan520, 28 February 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#7 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,497 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

Monroe if he hits the market and the same for Smith if they hit the market both will probably be gone. So by saying that I believe if it happens we will resign Oher and draft the lineman from Michigan. I already believe will will resign McClain to a smaller contract but if Smith leaves than McClain will be signed even sooner.

I don't see us letting either of them actually hit the market.  I think Monroe's situation is long term deal or he'll get the tag, and once that's sorted out, we'll hammer down the details with Daryl.  That's juts my opinion, though.

#8 lgcs27288

lgcs27288

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Ah cool, Im in the New Tampa area. Bearrs and Bruce B. Downs.

"Think like a man of action and act like a man of thought" - Henri Louis Bergson

What would 52 do?

#9 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

I think we might bring Cody back if he is out there long enough that we could get him for the minimum. I also hope McClain comes back for lower, probably around the minimum as well. Monroe and Smith are the top priorities right now. Monroe is #1. Either deal or tag for him. Graham could come back for the right price but I don't think it will happen.

In Ozzie We Trust

#10 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,564 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Free Agents Lost

Michael Oher, OT

Jacoby Jones, WR

Dallas Clark, TE

Ed Dickson, TE

Vonta Leach, FB

Jameel McClain, LB

I feel like this players will be off the team next year. I'm fairly confident in this list. Oher isn't very good and may not be a good fit here. Jones is a good player but I think we'll want to get younger and cheaper and generate a compensatory pick from him. Dallas Clark may just retire. Dickson just hasn't realized his potential and I think it will be seen as time to part ways--I feel Kubiak will decide his fate. I think Leach is done here. As for McClain, I know there's talk of bringing him back but I feel that's if we don't re-sign Smith, which I believe is highly likely. 

Free Agents Re-Signed

Tandon Doss, WR (First of all, he's an RFA)

Eugene Monroe, OT

Dennis Pitta, TE

Daryl Smith, LB

Jeromy Miles, S

Doss is an RFA, but I believe he'll be the David Reed of 2014--re-signed on the cheap for a prove-it-type deal. I believe Smith will be re-signed at this point. He's probably waiting to see what the market is like and what others get. If he doesn't return then it's likely McClain comes back but I'm not too confident that happens. I know there's a lot of conflict around here regarding Monroe, but I feel like he's coming back. I ultimately chose Miles to be re-signed, but that's because he's younger than James. I wanted to go with James, but I feel like the team will let him go as he offers a very similar role that Elam does but Elam needs the reps. I could see us sign Ihedigbo if we want him more on ST, which is where he is also very good. 

Free Agents In Question

Corey Graham, CB

Arthur Jones, DL

Terrence Cody, DL

James Ihedigbo, S

I'm not sure here. I know many want to throw in the towel on Jones, but I can see him return. It depends on how we feel about Ngata. If we feel Ngata will be fine, then I expect us to let him go but I can't see us let him walk if we're at all worried about Ngata long-term. Cody could be back but I doubt it. I think Graham won't return but I think there's a decent chance it happens so I will put him here. 

#11 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,786 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

Waaay off topic, but I went to Mitchell as well as Dale Mabry Elementary as a kid :)

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#12 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

Jones and Ngata are different players IMO. Jones is the DE who would never play nose except maybe in nickel. Ngata is the huge guy who can play nose or end for us. I am somewhat confident in our ends for this year at least with Canty, Tyson, and KLM. Nose is the position I would question if we take Ngata away since that would leave us with Brandon Williams. I think he is a good player with the potential to hold that position down but we need someone else to push him and provide depth as well as sub in on running situations to help stuff the run. So essentially, I trust Williams to step up but I want some depth there just in case. Also Williams, Ngata, Big DT on running situations would be a stout wall for this year and if we get rid of Ngata, we are still good at nose which is a very important position IMO.

In Ozzie We Trust

#13 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,564 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

Jones and Ngata are different players IMO. Jones is the DE who would never play nose except maybe in nickel. Ngata is the huge guy who can play nose or end for us. I am somewhat confident in our ends for this year at least with Canty, Tyson, and KLM. Nose is the position I would question if we take Ngata away since that would leave us with Brandon Williams. I think he is a good player with the potential to hold that position down but we need someone else to push him and provide depth as well as sub in on running situations to help stuff the run. So essentially, I trust Williams to step up but I want some depth there just in case. Also Williams, Ngata, Big DT on running situations would be a stout wall for this year and if we get rid of Ngata, we are still good at nose which is a very important position IMO.

Ngata can play either position not just NT. He used to play at DE. Jones could play in the 3-4 or 4-3.

#14 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,501 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

Ngata can play either position not just NT. He used to play at DE. Jones could play in the 3-4 or 4-3.

Yeah I know, I said that in my post. Ngata can play DE or nose while Jones can only play DE IMO unless we are in some passing formation. I like Canty, KLM, and Tyson at DE for this year and maybe in 2015 we address it. If we bought back Jones, nose would still be a bit of an issue possibly and we would need another player to go in running situations for the D-line to be ideal. We could roll Cody, Williams, Ngata on running downs and that is quite a difficult front to run against. Now we need to replace Cody with some size and give Williams some competition at nose long term IMO.

In Ozzie We Trust

#15 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

I think we keep corey graham...he might hit the market but shouldn't be too cheap to bring back...although it may come down to him or Daryl Smith as they will be the next tier of our free agents we will push to keep.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#16 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

Michael Oher, OT---GONE
Corey Graham, CB---GONE
Tandon Doss, WR---GONE
Jacoby Jones, WR?
Dallas Clark, TE---GONE
Ed Dickson, TE---GONE
Dennis Pitta, TE---STAY
Arthur Jones, DE---GONE
Terrence Cody, DT---?
Daryl Smith, LB---STAY?
Corey Graham, CB---GONE
James Ihedigbo, S---GONE
Jeromy Miles, S---GONE
Vonta Leach, FB---GONE

what do you guys think?

i'm really lost on jacoby jones, terence cody and daryl smith....it could really go either way.

How many times do you want to send poor Corey Graham away?? lol!

Of your list, I think Ihedigbo stays, Oher possibly stays if he chooses to be reasonable, Monroe more than likely tests the market and will be out of reach, but I am praying he stays, Daryl Smith I think stays, Art Jones too expensive to keep, Fat Cody stays if he comes real cheap as a back up or he goes, Jacoby is a great returner and deep threat as a third receiver, but may be too expensive to keep, so he goes too. The rest I agree with you...

Edited by ellicottraven, 01 March 2014 - 01:39 AM.

Baltimore Ravens - classiest organization in all of organized sport!

#17 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

Hoping Art sticks around, he's our best lineman and he hasn't even hit his prime yet. Without him we're gonna struggle bigtime unless somebody REALLY steps up because last season he was the only lineman to make plays in the backfield and put pressure on the QB.

Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
Baltimore! We built for this!
- Terrell Suggs

#18 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

I like Corey Graham. He has good hands and hes not scared to make a tackle against someone bigger than him. I also think he provides position flexibility Cornerback/safety. If it were up to me, I would like Monroe, Graham, and Smith to stay.

#19 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,690 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

I wouldn't mind bringing Clark as depth for vet min.

He was a lot more productive than I thought last season.

#20 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Michael Oher, OT---GONE
Corey Graham, CB---GONE
Tandon Doss, WR---GONE
Jacoby Jones, WR?
Dallas Clark, TE---GONE
Ed Dickson, TE---GONE
Dennis Pitta, TE---STAY
Arthur Jones, DE---GONE
Terrence Cody, DT---?
Daryl Smith, LB---STAY?
Corey Graham, CB---GONE
James Ihedigbo, S---GONE
Jeromy Miles, S---GONE
Vonta Leach, FB---GONE

what do you guys think?

I would have no problem getting rid of Cody, who I would say has been sort of a bust for us so far. I think we should make a big push to bring back D. Smith, JJ, and Corey Graham. To me the most important of these three is Smith, and our defense would take a pretty big hit without him, as he was probably our most productive player last year. JJ is very good and we should be able to get him for a bargain price.

I disagree with your preference in releasing Corey Graham. He was a very solid nickel back last year (as evidenced by the fact that he lead our team in INTs with 4) and probably shouldn't cost very much to retain.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users