Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ravenskid52752

Ravens Re-Sign Dennis Pitta

148 posts in this topic

Ravens have reached a five-year deal with tight end Dennis Pitta, according to league sources

5 years 32 million 16 million guaraneeted.

The American Express is staying in Baltimore!

This might be the most exciting off-season for us in years. 

Apparently a Daryl deal is pretty close

Figured this was coming with the McClain release.

5 years, but hoping Ozzie was wise.  TEs can usually go a while in the league, but when the start to slip it's bad.  Real interested in the numbers.  Hoping around 20-21 maybe 11-13 guaranteed.

Figured this was coming with the McClain release.

5 years, but hoping Ozzie was wise.  TEs can usually go a while in the league, but when the start to slip it's bad.  Real interested in the numbers.  Hoping around 20-21 maybe 11-13 guaranteed.

pitta per year average is 6.5 or 6 around that ballpark.  

pitta per year average is 6.5 or 6 around that ballpark.  

I already don't like how this sounds.

Who knows though, there is a huge possibility we've yet to see the best of Pitta.

I already don't like how this sounds.

number out 5 years 32 million that guy i trashed yesterday for that i'm so sorry he was right. lmao

Sweet we got Pitta for 5 more years. Now we can tag Monroe while we try to keep Daryl or Graham or Jones although I am less optomistic on the last one still. We also are not forced to go TE in the first round. Good to get that out of the way.

Thought this was worthy of a new thread since the old one was over 18 pages

Dennis Pitta and the Ravens have reached an agreement on a 5-year deal

Baltimoreravens.com reporting it - http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Reach-5-Year-Deal-With-Pitta/e53951f2-25c8-4873-bc3d-a53a9ff0f518

Aaron Wilson saying deal is worth $32M - https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/439460215608856576

It's a little more than I thought, but I'm happy to keep him around. Now onto Monroe.

It's a little more than I thought, but I'm happy to keep him around. Now onto Monroe.

from what im heard his guranteed money is around 11-13 ballpark.

What matters most is Joe is happy. Good deal with good numbers, it'll be interesting to see the details of the contract and how the numbers may escalate season by season with an increasing cap.

That's how I feel too.  I think most fans problem with the price is that we've only really seen Pitta in 1 season.  Sat behind Heap in 10, Dickson started in 11, played great in 12 and was injured most of 13.  We know from that one season he's clutch, but to sign him like this after a hip injury that can have lingering effects is why we're questioning it.  Our doctors and Ozzie must have faith.  If he stays healthy and performs at the 2012 level throughout, I have no problem with this deal.

That would be great. That would mean that it wouldn't kill us as bad if he can't recover. But I have faith that Pitta will be good to go lets hope(knock on wood)

I got the guaranteed part right at least.  Was off only 10 million with his total.  Slight margin.

More than I thought it would be, but with the extra cap room, luckily that shouldn't be a problem. Now slap that tag on Monroe.

Good news for sure. He should be a great asset in Kubiak's offense. Now lets solidify the offensive line to give Joe time to make the throws, and draft an offensive playmaker or two. In Ozzie We Trust

That would be great. That would mean that it wouldn't kill us as bad if he can't recover. But I have faith that Pitta will be good to go lets hope(knock on wood)

yeah if its more than that the 11-13 the highes it would be is 15 from sources. also i find it funny now that dolphins fans and media people are upset that they won't have a chance at Eugene now lol.

yeah if its more than that the 11-13 the highes it would be is 15 from sources. also i find it funny now that dolphins fans and media people are upset that they won't have a chance at Eugene now lol.

They should not have come out and said that they wanted Monroe. I mean jeez are we going to let him hit the market now with them being able to scoop him up or will we put the tag on him and let that negotiate a deal both sides can be happy with? Difficult decision lol