22 replies to this topic

#1 RavensNation14

RavensNation14

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

He is reportedly going to be cut by the Atlanta Falcons and had a down year. I'm thinking he's a perfect plug and play player that Ozzie loves to sign and give another chance. Easily could start for us and has experience playing deep. Didn't help the Falcons defense last year was horrible to say the least. Signing him to a two-year deal would give us some time to draft a FS and groom them behind him.

Edited by berad, 26 February 2014 - 02:18 PM.
DeCoud not cut yet

#2 allblackraven

allblackraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

Year removed from a pro bowl season and 28yo. I think Ozzie will explore the possibilities.

#3 ClintLB8

ClintLB8

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

He fits the code (Dexter reference if anyone was wondering). Anyways, DeCoud is exactly the type of guy that Ozzie looks at. Getting up there in age but being only 28, he could have a solid 3-4 more very productive years ahead of him. He was cut so he doesn't count against the compensatory picks and he will probably be somewhat cheap. He fits that roaming free safety Ozzie is looking to compliment Elam with. I think it could be perfect as long as his price isn't too much.

TENNESSEE TITANS GM

Tennessee-Titans-Logo-Wallpaper-Wallpape

#4 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

he should come with a price tag though.

pro bowl caliber player and still young.

dq0w81.gif

#5 ClintLB8

ClintLB8

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

he should come with a price tag though.

pro bowl caliber player and still young.

I'm pegging him with being willing to join the organization for about a 2-year/$4 million contract. 

TENNESSEE TITANS GM

Tennessee-Titans-Logo-Wallpaper-Wallpape

#6 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

I'm pegging him with being willing to join the organization for about a 2-year/$4 million contract. 

will depend on the market and who is in FA.

since the cap will be higher then expected everyone will have more money to spend so he might get a better offer with another team.

in the end most players will follow the money and if i where them id do the same.

dq0w81.gif

#7 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:08 AM

Pass. Would rather stick with Ihedigbo who fits the system and who we know for a fact plays well. DeCoud was horrendous last season, could be another Huff for all we know.

Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
Baltimore! We built for this!
- Terrell Suggs

#8 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:37 AM

Pass. Would rather stick with Ihedigbo who fits the system and who we know for a fact plays well. DeCoud was horrendous last season, could be another Huff for all we know.

problem is we want Elam to play his best position, which is SS, thus making Ihedigbo dispensable...

DeCoud would come to play at FS and as bad as he looked for the Falcons last year, I would still ask him to come in for a workout and a little chat...

#9 radicals

radicals

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

I'd rather sign Louis Delmas, but that's just me. Wouldn't mind the addition.

#10 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

If we can sign him to a Huff type of deal, it's a good fit. Decoud is a solid FS. I don't even care about his production last year, that whole team was a massive debacle. I'd love to bring him in so we can let Elam hunt at SS. 

#11 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

problem is we want Elam to play his best position, which is SS, thus making Ihedigbo dispensable...

DeCoud would come to play at FS and as bad as he looked for the Falcons last year, I would still ask him to come in for a workout and a little chat...

But safeties have to be interchangeable in the NFL these days. Elam needs to learn how to cover, he's not gonna play a LB type of role his entire career. We've seen what happens with guys like that (see Roy Williams later in his career). It's too easy for offenses to figure out what you're doing if you have Elam in the box and a cover safety on top. Elam can cover, just not that well (yet). He needs to study offenses and continue to work on that so that he can play deep at times as well in order to throw QB's off a little here and there. I wouldn't mind bringing in DeCoud but if he doesn't turn out to be that good starting safety who can cover then our defense is gonna be in a lot of trouble because we don't have anybody to take his spot. Ihedigbo will be a goner if we go for DeCoud. And that's too risky for me. Unless we bring in another (proven) veteran safety who can come in and start and play well. But is that really better than just re-signing Ihedgibo straight up? Our safeties weren't bad last year, with another year they'll do even better. Communication and all that will improve.

Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
Baltimore! We built for this!
- Terrell Suggs

#12 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

But safeties have to be interchangeable in the NFL these days. Elam needs to learn how to cover, he's not gonna play a LB type of role his entire career. We've seen what happens with guys like that (see Roy Williams later in his career). It's too easy for offenses to figure out what you're doing if you have Elam in the box and a cover safety on top. Elam can cover, just not that well (yet). He needs to study offenses and continue to work on that so that he can play deep at times as well in order to throw QB's off a little here and there. I wouldn't mind bringing in DeCoud but if he doesn't turn out to be that good starting safety who can cover then our defense is gonna be in a lot of trouble because we don't have anybody to take his spot. Ihedigbo will be a goner if we go for DeCoud. And that's too risky for me. Unless we bring in another (proven) veteran safety who can come in and start and play well. But is that really better than just re-signing Ihedgibo straight up? Our safeties weren't bad last year, with another year they'll do even better. Communication and all that will improve.

we also have 3 young safeties that could replace Ihedigbo - Omar Brown, Anthony Levine and Brynden Trawick; even Jeromy Miles could be a cheaper solution

with the amount of quality FAs we need to sign (Monroe, Pitta and D Smith), I don't think we can have Ihedigbo back; I'd rather have that money for Graham for example

DeCoud could come on a cheap - prove yourself kind of contract and that would suit us quite well

#13 atljbo

atljbo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

As a falcon fan... Decoud is not a bum but he ad a HORRIBLE season last year for us..... You chould choose Ihedigbo if you had a choice ..... Back to Decoud... He is a tricky guy to understand... If realy like was madden his tackling would be in the 30's but i do think he is a ball hawk even tho he tracked the ball horribly last year... I just think last year was a really bad year but i do think the guy can get his hand on the if you put him in the right place (bad tackler tho)

I just dont think his attitude is a fit for the ravens

rsz_1bagye6qcyaaavuw.jpg

#14 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

The problem with this is that James Ihedigbo is awful in coverage. He's not someone who can play deep, either, and I trust Elam's man coverage skills more.
If we're going to sign a cap casualty I'd want Louis Delmas, but my number one choice is Chris Clemmons

#15 RLewis52

RLewis52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

If we can sign him to a Huff type of deal, it's a good fit. Decoud is a solid FS. I don't even care about his production last year, that whole team was a massive debacle. I'd love to bring him in so we can let Elam hunt at SS. 

Lets just hope if he does get signed he doesn't give a Mike Huff kind of production.  Both have very similar career stats

#16 NFLfan123

NFLfan123

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

He seems like Huff 2.0

2014 Oakland Raiders GM

2014 Buffalo Pirates GM

#17 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

He seems like Huff 2.0

don't you mention that name again lol...

#18 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

Lets just hope if he does get signed he doesn't give a Mike Huff kind of production.  Both have very similar career stats

Haha true. Decoud is a better ball hawk though, even if the stats barely prove it. Plus the guy is very durable. 

#19 Juviebest

Juviebest

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

Decoud is definitely not Raven material. He was awful last year and the year before I think he wasn't that good either, yes "pro-bowler" blah blah blah. Plus he runs his mouth wayyyy too much for not being good.

#20 RichieAsh

RichieAsh

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

Omar Brown's coming yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users