32 replies to this topic

#1 RichieAsh

RichieAsh

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

Play action paired with a double move. Deadly. Improving the line and establishing the run is priority #1 because the big plays will come off that. 

http://www.nfl.com/v...aniels-34-yd-TD

http://www.nfl.com/v...touchdown-catch

http://www.nfl.com/v...niels-goes-deep

http://www.nfl.com/v...nson-62-yard-TD

http://www.nfl.com/v...d-TD-to-Johnson

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

Play action paired with a double move. Deadly. Improving the line and establishing the run is priority #1 because the big plays will come off that. 

http://www.nfl.com/v...aniels-34-yd-TD

http://www.nfl.com/v...touchdown-catch

http://www.nfl.com/v...niels-goes-deep

http://www.nfl.com/v...nson-62-yard-TD

http://www.nfl.com/v...d-TD-to-Johnson

Oh, Joe has to be salivating right now.. This might fit him perfectly. 

Banned

#3 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

While I'm excited about Kubiak's play calling, we still need a running game to setup the play action.

#4 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:57 AM

you need a running game and more importantly a line that can block on those plays lol.

you will need some time for the routes to develop and the defense needs to bite on it being a run.

dq0w81.gif

#5 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

you need a running game and more importantly a line that can block on those plays lol.

you will need some time for the routes to develop and the defense needs to bite on it being a run.

Precisely. Which is why my excitement has tempered a bit, until I am confident that the OL has improved

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#6 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Precisely. Which is why my excitement has tempered a bit, until I am confident that the OL has improved

Exactly!  I'm not believing or buying into the hype at this point either!  Last seasons pathetic showing by our offense really pissed me off and has caused me to become more cynical about them UNTIL I clearly see the improvements that the coaches keep "talking" about making!  To hell with hearing about how good this or that is in Mini Camp, OTA's, or the Preseason.  I want to see this stuff working in the regular season.  UNTIL then.  Shhh!!  LOL!

#Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 24 February 2014 - 09:59 AM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#7 RichieAsh

RichieAsh

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

Thanks for stating the obvious. lol. What I like is the play design and using the TE in much different ways than we ever have. 

#8 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

One thing establishing the run combined with the PA can do is sort of mask the weakness of pass blocking by your O-lineman.

#9 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

One thing establishing the run combined with the PA can do is sort of mask the weakness of pass blocking by your O-lineman.

Only if Joe can continue improving his ability to extend plays and make some more accurate throws on the move and off his back foot

#10 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Exactly!  I'm not believing or buying into the hype at this point either!  Last seasons pathetic showing by our offense really pissed me off and has caused me to become more cynical about them UNTIL I clearly see the improvements that the coaches keep "talking" about making!  To hell with hearing about how good this or that is in Mini Camp, OTA's, or the Preseason.  I want to see this stuff working in the regular season.  UNTIL then.  Shhh!!  LOL!

#Mili

LOL, agreed man. If Harbs were on this forum, he would quickly be labeled an apologist...talk is cheap!

But, I do believe that the shake up with the coaching staff was a great step in the right direction

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#11 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Exactly! I'm not believing or buying into the hype at this point either! Last seasons pathetic showing by our offense really pissed me off and has caused me to become more cynical about them UNTIL I clearly see the improvements that the coaches keep "talking" about making! To hell with hearing about how good this or that is in Mini Camp, OTA's, or the Preseason. I want to see this stuff working in the regular season. UNTIL then. Shhh!! LOL!

Its funny cause in 12 I feel like they mentioned how the offense was doing so well against the defense in training camp and we saw how the defense played that year. Then last season we hear how the defense is winning in camp and the offense was atrocious. I don't even know what to think if they say they're neck and neck this off season. I'm waiting til week 3 of the regular season before I make any real judgments considering they usually play well week 1 and mess the bed the next week. Gotta see how the line holds up. If it's a continuation of last year, Juan better be gone by week 6.

#Mili

#12 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

Its funny cause in 12 I feel like they mentioned how the offense was doing so well against the defense in training camp and we saw how the defense played that year. Then last season we hear how the defense is winning in camp and the offense was atrocious. I don't even know what to think if they say they're neck and neck this off season. I'm waiting til week 3 of the regular season before I make any real judgments considering they usually play well week 1 and mess the bed the next week. Gotta see how the line holds up. If it's a continuation of last year, Juan better be gone by week 6.

I've said the same thing!  That by week 3 of the regular season I would be able to really see what we're working with offensively.

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#13 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Love it. Those are well designed plays that just look nice. Flacco will be deadly in it. Also 3 of those beauties were to the TE. We may need Pitta.

We will have an Improved O-Line scheme. I remember one night on total access Sean O'Hara said he never saw so much confusion, missed assignments, and fewer lanes from an offensive line in a very long time. That really summed it up to say the least. This will change under the new crew.

We will have a better running game, there is no doubt. I expect Vonta to stay and be a big part of it. Plus I saw a lot of RB's who will go in later rounds/undrafted who could come in here and challenge for playing time. We will find some fresh legs to tote the rock for Kubiak. I'm also excited to see if Pierce will have improved over the offseason. 

Edited by TDubbs, 24 February 2014 - 07:18 PM.

#14 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,167 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

Watching how Owen Daniels was used, and now I really really want Pitta to be re-signed. I feel like Pitta and Marlon Brown can be a similar type of threat to Daniels and Andre. (Notice I said similar)

As if it wasn't obvious already, I think this really shows why Kubiak was drooling over Pitta in his presser. 

#15 Willbacker

Willbacker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

The OLine is gonna be the key. With them being pulled in several directions last year(imo) they're now gonna have to get used to a certain scheme and buy in. No threat of run. No playaction pass.

#16 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

LOL, agreed man. If Harbs were on this forum, he would quickly be labeled an apologist...talk is cheap!

But, I do believe that the shake up with the coaching staff was a great step in the right direction

Absolutely, the offense needed an overhaul. The SB run was great, but, in general, over the past few years it has been the same boring offense. Only Ray Rice and Q made it interesting but only now and then.

#17 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

If the Oline still looks confused in year 2 of Castillo ( since he was really the coach last season behind the scenes ) then he must go before another season is wasted.

I would like to know what Gradkowski is doing this offseason to improve. I wonder if him being driven into the back field so often was because of poor technique, lack of strength ( weak base and no drive ), or lack of confidence overall.

Definitely can't expect to have an improved offense if Yanda has to constantly tap him on to snap the ball.

#18 TXRavensFan

TXRavensFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Definitely can't expect to have an improved offense if Yanda has to constantly tap him on to snap the ball.

That's the last thing I'm worried about with the line - a lot of teams to that in the shot gun. It allows the center to read the defense instead of watching the QB for when he's ready to take the snap.

Posted Image

#19 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,167 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

That's the last thing I'm worried about with the line - a lot of teams to that in the shot gun. It allows the center to read the defense instead of watching the QB for when he's ready to take the snap.

Thanks for pointing that out. There are a lot of teams that do that trick. 

#20 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

You are correct a lot of teams do that in the shotgun. However teams also tend to disguise this. It might be a tap, wait a hundredth of a second then snap, or tap then final cadence from the QB, delayed snap. It literally was always tap snap. Run or pass tap snap. In New England game they even did this under center as if the crowd was that loud.

It's not the typical silent count, lift a knee once or twice then tap and snap.

It would allow a normal center to read a defense, however Grad wasn't too good at that this season either which is why Yanda constantly over helped him. And delayed blitzes snuck by at times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users