Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redrum52

LT Eugene Monroe or TE Dennis Pitta?

If the Ravens can only re-sign one, who is it?   119 members have voted

1. 1. Monroe or Pitta

• Monroe
    • Pitta

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

79 posts in this topic

Just curious who everyone thinks is more important to the team if only one can be re-signed.  I personally feel a lineman is more essential due to his effect on the run on pass game and adding some stability to the o line.  The upcoming draft is also deep at TE and WR.  A LT will who can perform at Monroes level at his age will difficult to find as well.  I'm not sure if the team would be able to afford both and think Pitta is out for a payday, which I feel he deserves.

Pitta is easily one of my favorite Ravens. Love the guy! But we have a better chance of winning with Monroe and not Pitta than we do with Pitta and not Monroe.

It's gotta be Monroe.

...uh...Monroe. It's a no-brainer. I like Pitta a lot but Monroe's protecting Joe. If Monroe isn't there Pitta won't be able to get open and even if he does he won't be able to get the ball. 

LT will always be the more important position. Owen Daniels was an amazing TE under Kubiak. How do we compare Daniels and Pitta? They are completely different types of TE.

Pitta is a decent TE, that's about it. Not sure why people even consider using the tag on him and pay him 5-10 mil. per year. Let him walk, we'll be fine with most other options we have at TE. Dickson is ok and has looked way better than Pitta early on, then he hit the wall. And who knows what we have in Furstenburg, give him a shot.

Monroe it is. Lock him up.

Pitta is a decent TE, that's about it. Not sure why people even consider using the tag on him and pay him 5-10 mil. per year. Let him walk, we'll be fine with most other options we have at TE. Dickson is ok and has looked way better than Pitta early on, then he hit the wall. And who knows what we have in Furstenburg, give him a shot.

Monroe, or a LT signing is more important.

I agree about Furstenburg, but historically speaking the Ravens haven't advanced many players from the practice squad so I see his chance as very slim. The rare advancement from practice squad has caused me to wonder about the quality of practice squads around the league and how the quality of ours may rank.

I know it would be just another meaningless column or article but I'd be interested in reading where analyst ranked the quality of team's Practice Squads, maybe twice or quarterly during the season.

Just curious who everyone thinks is more important to the team if only one can be re-signed.  I personally feel a lineman is more essential due to his effect on the run on pass game and adding some stability to the o line.  The upcoming draft is also deep at TE and WR.  A LT will who can perform at Monroes level at his age will difficult to find as well.  I'm not sure if the team would be able to afford both and think Pitta is out for a payday, which I feel he deserves.

Absolutely by far Eugene Monroe is the more important player. We traded a 4th and 5th round pick to get him and LT is a far more vital position and Dennis Pitta could more easily be replaced.

It seems that we are more concentrated on getting Dennis Pitta resigned though...he may in fact be a higher priority than Monroe...or it sure seems that way. Keep hearing talks of using the franchise tag on Pitta if a long term deal cannot be reached before the deadline, while the Monroe talks have been slow at best.

Hopefully we could keep both of them but if one must go it has to be Dennis Pitta if not we are going to have a gaping black hole of an o-line.

Easy choice. LT 2nd most important position on O after QB. Plenty of receiving options in the draft. Only 3 stud LTs in the draft and they'll probally be gone.

Who actually voted for pitta, show your face?

In was wondering that too. Probably Joe, Dennis and someone who hit the wrong button.

I do not think we should break the bank for Monroe.. He is a slightly above average LT...

I would offer him around 7 million a year and not a penny more

Pitta

I would offer 5 million and not a penny more..

Both are replaceable.... I don't see pereniall pro bowl in either one of their futures.

I do not think we should break the bank for Monroe.. He is a slightly above average LT...

Pitta

Both are replaceable.... I don't see pereniall pro bowl in either one of their futures.

Ebron or Amaro would be able to match Pitta IMO.

Good luck on finding someone to replace a top 10 LT with pick 17. This debate is so one sided that it should be locked.

Pitta

I agree that both are replaceable but the LT position is a huge risk because it is truly hit or miss. It's a lot like QB. Granted every position is hit or miss but I feel like LT is especially so. So many LT taken in the first round to ultimately bust.

I want to keep both of Monroe and Pitta. Monroe is the priority though. An experienced LT in the prime of his career who is considered a top 10 LT. I love Pitta, he's a favourite of mine. But there are many TE's that look pretty good at this combine .. 

I really think most of you guys are underestimating Pitta. The one time he was at the top of our depth chart for a full season, he was top 10 among TEs in catches, top 6 or 7 in TDs and top 11 in yards.  He's above average at worst, and even last season, he caught 20 passes in 4 games, on pace for 80 in a season.  If we let him go, it just becomes yet another need for this offense, and if we keep him, I'm certain he'll be one of the top producing TEs next year.  Of course I'd rather he not be tagged as a slot WR, but I'm almost compelled to tag him anyway if that does happen.

I do think Monroe is a bigger priority though because LT is harder to replace and more important a position.   

I think a better thread could be Art Jones vs Pitta.

I don't think so. Both are about equally valuable to the team, but Jones will likely get overpaid elsewhere.

I agree. I'd like to keep Pitta, but we have guys who can replace him. The same cannot be said for Monroe. As for Dickson, I don't think there's anybody here who seriously thinks he will be back.

Monroe, we have already seen Joe can't throw off his back. Love Pitta but trust Ozzie. Our O-line needs help bad. Run game needs rejuvenated to and with Ray facing a probable suspension we need it even more.

I dont know, do you guys think Pitta is overrated a bit just because he's a safety valve and the ravens receivers can't get open often?  I know he has decent hands, but I wouldn't put him in the elite tight end category in the league...I think he's just a guy benefiting from the system/personnel in place.   Am I off here?

I dont know, do you guys think Pitta is overrated a bit just because he's a safety valve and the ravens receivers can't get open often? I know he has decent hands, but I wouldn't put him in the elite tight end category in the league...I think he's just a guy benefiting from the system/personnel in place. Am I off here?

I don't think he's overrated but he isn't Gronk or Graham either. He's a very good route runner with excellent hands and great chemistry with Joe. Underrated athleticism too.

He is an important piece in our offense and if we can't resign him I'll be disappointed. Monroe is clearly the more important player though.