Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rmw10

WR Deonte Thompson arrested

114 posts in this topic

I was so hoping this story wouldn't break for a while. I think we're getting hammered with bad news this week. Anyhow, you can read the details here:

http://www.wuft.org/news/2014/02/22/nfl-former-uf-football-player-accused-of-possessing-marijuana/

He and his friends all say it wasn't his.

Still doesn't look good.  Admitting that it was his duffle bag likely means that he knew the marijuana was in there, in the least.

I mean, it's only weed, but the law is the law. Idk if he'll get cut, but I doubt it. It's a lot of weed, but only weed. 

time to legalize marijuana

That's not a subject for these forums. Time for the NFL to ignore marijuana is a permissible topic, though.

That's not a subject for these forums. Time for the NFL to ignore marijuana is a permissible topic, though.

meant to say that 

Interesting what happens to Thompson in light of Rice's news. You can't really say you'll stand by one and not the other.

Well, you can, but it looks pretty bad.

Thompson was gonna be cut anyway. Between Brown, Mellette, and the WR we're sure to draft, there's simply no room for him.

What's that saying from harbaugh.. Character like a raven or something

In the grand scheme of things, a very minor charge.

But still enough to throw a black eye at the organization this soon after the Rice fiasco.

I'd say he's gone, but it looks like it was just weed.  While I don't personally do it and never have, it's really not that big of a deal.

Smh, none of this crap would happen if we still had Lewis. Ha

But really. This is rare for us having these issues so early into the offseason.

That definitely won't endear him with the coaching staff considering he's done nothing at this point except get hurt and have a few splash plays. 

Ugh, like the team needed yet another incident. If the other passengers admit the marijuana was theirs, I can't see any kind of conviction.

However, it goes without saying that it's disappointing seeing these guys have such poor judgement in getting in these situations.

We're just getting our quota of trouble with the law out of the way for the next couple of years.

We will draft a wr and most likely bring one udfa in to replace him seeing that wr is the deepest position

Smh, none of this crap would happen if we still had Lewis. Ha

But really. This is rare for us having these issues so early into the offseason.

A team without real leadership.

Well it said he was a passenger of the vehicle...so its another situation where he was at the wrong place at the wrong time, although im sure he was gettin down with the wacky tabacky too. Thats easily a 4 game suspension and a candidate for release...just a little more cap room I guess.

I would say this is not a big deal but he does have the right idea, apparently it worked for Seattle and Denver. Maybe he was hoping that luck would continue and was trying to bring us good luck.

Now in all seriousness, it still really isn't a big deal as he probably would have ended up being cut anyway.