rmw10

WR Deonte Thompson arrested

114 posts in this topic

I was so hoping this story wouldn't break for a while. I think we're getting hammered with bad news this week. Anyhow, you can read the details here:

http://www.wuft.org/news/2014/02/22/nfl-former-uf-football-player-accused-of-possessing-marijuana/

He and his friends all say it wasn't his.

Still doesn't look good.  Admitting that it was his duffle bag likely means that he knew the marijuana was in there, in the least.

I mean, it's only weed, but the law is the law. Idk if he'll get cut, but I doubt it. It's a lot of weed, but only weed. 

time to legalize marijuana

That's not a subject for these forums. Time for the NFL to ignore marijuana is a permissible topic, though.

That's not a subject for these forums. Time for the NFL to ignore marijuana is a permissible topic, though.

meant to say that 

Interesting what happens to Thompson in light of Rice's news. You can't really say you'll stand by one and not the other.

Well, you can, but it looks pretty bad.

Edited by Ragin'Raven

Thompson was gonna be cut anyway. Between Brown, Mellette, and the WR we're sure to draft, there's simply no room for him.

What's that saying from harbaugh.. Character like a raven or something

In the grand scheme of things, a very minor charge.

But still enough to throw a black eye at the organization this soon after the Rice fiasco.

I'd say he's gone, but it looks like it was just weed.  While I don't personally do it and never have, it's really not that big of a deal.

Edited by T3hRaven

Smh, none of this crap would happen if we still had Lewis. Ha

But really. This is rare for us having these issues so early into the offseason.

That definitely won't endear him with the coaching staff considering he's done nothing at this point except get hurt and have a few splash plays. 

Ugh, like the team needed yet another incident. If the other passengers admit the marijuana was theirs, I can't see any kind of conviction.

However, it goes without saying that it's disappointing seeing these guys have such poor judgement in getting in these situations.

We're just getting our quota of trouble with the law out of the way for the next couple of years.

We will draft a wr and most likely bring one udfa in to replace him seeing that wr is the deepest position

Smh, none of this crap would happen if we still had Lewis. Ha

But really. This is rare for us having these issues so early into the offseason.

A team without real leadership.

Well it said he was a passenger of the vehicle...so its another situation where he was at the wrong place at the wrong time, although im sure he was gettin down with the wacky tabacky too. Thats easily a 4 game suspension and a candidate for release...just a little more cap room I guess.

I would say this is not a big deal but he does have the right idea, apparently it worked for Seattle and Denver. Maybe he was hoping that luck would continue and was trying to bring us good luck.

Now in all seriousness, it still really isn't a big deal as he probably would have ended up being cut anyway.

Edited by JO_75

Denote is staying, how you gonna cut him if he didn't get a chance to play?

He had a chance to make an impact and didn't. Look at Marlon Brown...there's a guy who seized opportunity.

Deonte is gone.

He had a chance to make an impact and didn't. Look at Marlon Brown...there's a guy who seized opportunity.

Deonte is gone.

What opportunity? They picked up free agents, when they could of let him play... wow the bigotry in ravens country is astounding. I am done with this thread

What opportunity? They picked up free agents, when they could of let him play... wow the bigotry in ravens country is astounding. I am done with this thread

LOL what does this have to do with bigotry? Deonte has been on the team several years and has done NOTHING. Even Mellette has shown more promise. Considering that we'll likely draft a WR as well there is simply no place for him, and I thought this BEFORE the arrest. Edited by ratedr

He was likely going to be gone anyway considering we'll likely draft a receiver early and potentially pick up another guy along the way through UDFA or FA in general. 

It sounds like this guy's friends are his main problem. Did you read the bio on his pal? Yikes.

Edited by ninpiggy

uhhh hows about multiple preseason games, practices and various games in the regular season

I disagreed with both the Stokley and Clark panic signings and think it only delayed development of young players already on the team. Why keep players on rosters or team who cannot move up when others get injured?  

As for Thompson, this was just plain stupid. Forgivable maybe, but stupid!

Edited by HoldingCall

What is going on???  :gaah:  :34853_brickwall:   :argh: 

Thompson got caught! He was the last to leave the Superbowl hangover party and thought he'd take home some leftovers.

Thompson was probably on the bubble as a WR... this probably bursts that bubble. Sayonara.

It sounds like this guy's friends are his main problem. Did you read the bio on his pal? Yikes.

You are what you have as friends....just ask Hernandez.  All in all though, this is "small potatoes".  Even though Ray Rice's issues will cost the team 2-4 weeks...it will be a non issue also.   Heck, all this happening now might have a positive on the team as in "some of the other key players might be extra vigilant" and towing the rope and saving you bigger headaches. Cmon, Raiders, Cowboys, lions, Bengals and Jets have only JUST begun....lolrof  they are probably saying right now "is that all you got Ravens"  watch this!!!!!!!!!!  :>)