Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ravenskid52752

Salary cap raise? Sources says YES!

118 posts in this topic

That would be cool, although it probably will just mean the people we sign will cost more, because other teams have more to spend and compete with our offers. Good news none the less, ans the Cap should certainly go up because we know revenues are certainly not declining.

This actually probably gives us a chance to sign those FA's that were previously out of our range, I'm excited. We can afford to sign some veterans and draft some real blue chippers

Remember that ERFA/RFA tenders and draft pick allocation will still eat up a fairly large portion of our cap room.  Raising the cap up to $130M certainly helps, but remember that the available cap you see isn't necessarily going to be accurate since no one ever accounts for tenders and such.

If true, this is great news. With the amount of money the NFL as a business makes, the salary cap should be a lot higher. It's crazy that teams that draft well end up paying for it by not being able to re-sign their own talent.

Hopefully this helps to take care of Monroe.

We apparently had around 11.3 mil in cap room before the Suggs extension which saved 4.6 mil to get us to 15.9(all of this based of the previous projected 2014 cap of 126.3 mil). Now however with this news and the cap being 3.7 mil more than expected, we will have around 19.6 mil in cap room. Factor in the 3.2 mil from cutting McClain, the 1.6 mil from cutting Koch, and the 1.75 mil from cutting Leach and we would have around 26.15 mil in cap room if those cuts are made. Now there is some spending money. I think now, we could re-sign Monroe, resign Pitta, and now we have a good chance of bringing Daryl Smith back all while having money for the RFA tenders and draft picks and such. 

Remember that ERFA/RFA tenders and draft pick allocation will still eat up a fairly large portion of our cap room.  Raising the cap up to $130M certainly helps, but remember that the available cap you see isn't necessarily going to be accurate since no one ever accounts for tenders and such.

We don't have anyone worth tendering this year.We might put an original round tender on Josh Bynes(if you can do that with an undrafted guy) but none of the other restricted guys are worth that much.Draft picks may take up $3-4 million though.I think I read that there is a set cap number that can be spent on them but I don't remember how much that number is.

We don't have anyone worth tendering this year.We might put an original round tender on Josh Bynes(if you can do that with an undrafted guy) but none of the other restricted guys are worth that much.Draft picks may take up $3-4 million though.I think I read that there is a set cap number that can be spent on them but I don't remember how much that number is.

but we do... Omar Brown, Josh Bynes, Adrian Hamilton, Anthony Levine, Brynden Trawick and Tandon Doss are worth tendering... or we'll be looking at FA/draft for half of the special team at least

but we do... Omar Brown, Josh Bynes, Adrian Hamilton, Anthony Levine, Brynden Trawick and Tandon Doss are worth tendering... or we'll be looking at FA/draft for half of the special team at least

I think Bynes, Hamilton, Brown and maybe Doss are worth tendering. Levine and Trawick? no thanks and i really wouldn't want bynes except for the fact his salary is low.

I think Bynes, Hamilton, Brown and maybe Doss are worth tendering. Levine and Trawick? no thanks and i really wouldn't want bynes except for the fact his salary is low.

Levine and trawick have a year in the system and are good Special teams players.  They're good to keep around.

Aaron Wilson just tweeted that with the Suggs savings and increased cap, the Ravens will have approximately $20M in Cap Space... that's awesome!

That's great. If a team throws stupid money at Monroe it wouldn't hurt like it would have been to tag him. But we still need to sign him long term

Aaron Wilson just tweeted that with the Suggs savings and increased cap, the Ravens will have approximately $20M in Cap Space... that's awesome!

Also weird.

I almost forgot we possibly can bring back Arthur Jones as well, he was as good as gone in my mind.

That premise actually really excited me.  I love Aarthur Jones.  He loves football.

Yea that would be awesome if we could lock up Arthur Jones too. Really it would help us to do that, as we would have more flexibility with Ngata next year. If we were to cut him, we still have to find more quality D line help. Having Jones would certainly ease the pain of cutting him, not to mention give us a little more leverage if Ngata is willing to take a lower salary or be extended.

Selling off half the Thurs night package I believe to CBS definitely added to the revenue stream.

I would also like to see Arthur Jones back but at only around 5 mil a year.

Ugh I don't want Bynes back. He always looks lost out there. Big plays for the offense always happened around him.

sign Art Jones now first then Monroe.

Monroe is more important. I'm sure our priority is Monroe, Pitta, Smith, and than maybe Jones.

Lets just hope Eugene Monroe's player rep meets with Ozzie this weekend and starts hammering out a deal. I keep hearing that our guys also don't want to let Pitta hit the open market and are considering franchise tagging him. Maybe with this boost in cap space we could get them both, but you would think the best case scenario would be one or the other.

As long as we resign Monroe and grab one of either Pitta, Daryl Smith, or Art Jones I will be content.