fusuymada

Incognito, Jerry or Pouncey possible career rehab in Baltimore?

185 posts in this topic

With the good strong young leadership (Rice, Ngata, Suggs, Yanda, Webb, Torrey and Daryl Smith), strong coaching staff (Harbaugh, Kubiak, Dennison and Castillo), and top tier management (Bisciotti, Newsome, Cass and DeCosta) this may be one of very few places that a damaged goods player can come and rebuild the respect of his fellow players, the fan base and the NFL. Incognito and Jerry are strong guards and with Osemele's back issues, either would probably be extremely cheap insurance. However, Pouncey is the one who is the most intruiging considering his outstanding play, youth and the lack of production from Gradkowski at center. With his ties to Aaron Hernandez and his antics in Miami, he is a hot potato, to say the least, not to mention there is no sign the Dolphins will want to end the relationship with him, but with our need, that would be interesting to consider. All in all, if a player could prove to be a good Raven on and off the field, would the Raven's fan base welcome them into the nest regardless of their past indiscretions.

This probably belongs in the Jonathan Martin revelations thread in the Other NFL Teams, but the only one of that bunch I'd consider is Pouncey and I can't see Miami cutting ties with him. Even then, someone else would likely overpay for him.

The one I see as most likely would be Pouncey even though I don't see it happening. If Miami wants to trade him there will probably be a decent market out there for him and we may be willing to give that up. I'd be very surprised if we signed Incognito and Jerry doesn't fit the ZBS and isn't that good. 

Edited by ravefan52

I'd take Pouncey with the quickness and he's the only one.  Have people never been a in a locker room before?  It's not exactly the most polite place.  There is a lot of trash talking among men and honestly, you're a little at fault if you wait to stand up for yourself.  You should have the confidence to stand your ground.

No. Good players, but they're the exact type of guys we've avoided in the past.

Why do people think our team has this magic ability to cure adults in their 30s of their personalities? When has this ever actually happened?

No, the only one even worth it talent wise would be Pouncey, and I really see no need for it.  I don't know why we'd trade for a center when we just drafted one 2 years ago and could sign a vet without losing a draft pick.  Besides, IDC what the FO says, I think the biggest hole on the o-line is at right tackle, and none of them fill that void.

I would take them both Pouncey and Icognito, but Incognito and Spagnoulo dont like each other. I am freinds with Richie from my place in Mexico and LA. Long story about why Richie and Spags hated each other, actually envolves Kyle Boller having PANIC attack before a game he had to start with Rama and blamed it on strained Calf. He didnt want to play.... Wont get into details, but no one on the Rams liked Spags. Truth is Rithchie is cool, Wild, not near a racist by any means. Long story short, Martín couldnt take any kind of teasing. All the Dolphins players would tease each other not just Martín. All those players will play in NFL but Martín. Truth. But RI wont be a Raven.

Maybe Mike Pouncey he is considered one of the top young centers in the league, I wouldnt want Richie Incognito as anything more than a Ravens towel boy.

Even if he does get cut which is a slight possibility...he will likely have an expensive price to go along with his locker room BS

If big mouthed guys like Pollard couldn't last in a Harbaugh locker room, how the hell is one of those guys going to? 

No to all three we do not need people like that on our team . they all three have serious mental health issues. allot of what came out in that report is illegal and considered hate crimes and should be proscueted  as such. I am surprised anyone would suggest this .

Edited by Jokerraven

I think any centre who anchors a line needs to be a bit of a dirtbag.

Matt Birk disagrees.

Language that effectively describes them isn't tolerated on these boards.

I don't want them anywhere near the NFL, much less the Ravens.

Language that effectively describes them isn't tolerated on these boards.

I don't want them anywhere near the NFL, much less the Ravens.

+1

CENTER no matter where should be our top priority, somebody that can create a push and has brains. We had our fill with an undersized center, and what an eye opener that was. Sure made us appreciate the job Birk did. Before Birk, we let Jason Brown go because of cap restrictions, who I would have loved to have kept because we paid Grubbs I believe? Birk was a lower cost alternative for an aging ctr. This time I cry, "Wheres the Beef"?

I don't think our front office and coaching staff would take on any of those three, especially Incognito. They've pretty much ruined their reputations and careers for awhile. 

So, you guys don't want Pouncey and Incognito because they are mad at Martin for being a backstabbing coward (I read the "Incognito/Martin texts as well as the Incognito/Pouncey texts"). Martin seems to have mental issues because the stuff he said in text is totally different than what he is saying now.

So, yeah, I would take Pouncey and Incognito. Our front office was involved with the Ray Lewis obstruction of justice issue which is MUCH worse than this. Jamaal Lewis got caught in a drug trafficking sting and still remained with the team. We also signed a guy named Donte Stallworth, remember him?

So you are going to say our front office wouldn't bring in guys of their "character". I rather have a lockerroom full of Incognitos/Pounceys than have a lockerroom full of Martins. He betrayed his friends because he played like crap and needed excuses.

So yeah, I would love to bring in Pouncey as he is more talented than Gino and I would love to bring in Incognito to compete for guard position.

To the people that said why? Pouncey > gradkowski. We have a team full of softies with no attitude on offense. Minus Leach and maybe Yanda, I would love to have a nasty center, when people don't want to go up against

So, you guys don't want Pouncey and Incognito because they are mad at Martin for being a backstabbing coward (I read the "Incognito/Martin texts as well as the Incognito/Pouncey texts"). Martin seems to have mental issues because the stuff he said in text is totally different than what he is saying now.

So, yeah, I would take Pouncey and Incognito. Our front office was involved with the Ray Lewis obstruction of justice issue which is MUCH worse than this. Jamaal Lewis got caught in a drug trafficking sting and still remained with the team. We also signed a guy named Donte Stallworth, remember him?

So you are going to say our front office wouldn't bring in guys of their "character". I rather have a lockerroom full of Incognitos/Pounceys than have a lockerroom full of Martins. He betrayed his friends because he played like crap and needed excuses.

So yeah, I would love to bring in Pouncey as he is more talented than Gino and I would love to bring in Incognito to compete for guard position.

While I don't agree with this reasoning, I do agree Richie and Pouncey would be instant upgrades and there's no reason not to bring them in other than $. 

To the people that said why? Pouncey > gradkowski. We have a team full of softies with no attitude on offense. Minus Leach and maybe Yanda, I would love to have a nasty center, when people don't want to go up against

We have Leach, who might be gone, Yanda and KO.  Other than that the offense is Twinkie cream filling soft.  All these people screaming class, take note that Ray Lewis was the face of our franchise for 17 years.  He's one of my favorite players ever, but come on.  Suggs allegedly beat his wife.  No team of saints will EVER win anything, EVER.  The truth is you need some scum bags on your team to win.  And if 8-8 is what classy looks like, I'm all against it.  That team last year played with no passion or physicality.  They looked soft and seemed to lacked toughness and fire.

Martin is also a grown butt man.  Defend yourself.  If you lack the testicular fortitude to stand up as a man and tell guys to stop, there is a problem with you.  You need to be confident in who you are.  They said they were teasing him about playing bad.  Put in more work to get better.
Edited by redrum52

This all makes me happy to have Haurbaugh.

i feel like my team has class.

Nothing says class like getting hit in the head with a jumbo sized champagne bottle by a stripper.

We have Leach, who might be gone, Yanda and KO.  Other than that the offense is Twinkie cream filling soft.  All these people screaming class, take note that Ray Lewis was the face of our franchise for 17 years.  He's one of my favorite players ever, but come on.  Suggs allegedly beat his wife.  No team of saints will EVER win anything, EVER.  The truth is you need some scum bags on your team to win.  And if 8-8 is what classy looks like, I'm all against it.  That team last year played with no passion or physicality.  They looked soft and seemed to lacked toughness and fire.

Martin is also a grown butt man.  Defend yourself.  If you lack the testicular fortitude to stand up as a man and tell guys to stop, there is a problem with you.  You need to be confident in who you are.  They said they were teasing him about playing bad.  Put in more work to get better.

I really think they rediculed him to make him tougher. I do. He was pushed around on the field and I think they wanted him to play angry. Didn't work.

The report is a good read. Incognito is definitely obnoxious and offensive but his teammates liked him. Hell Martin was friends with him, just look at the text messages.

There's a huge difference between being classless on the field and in the work environment and being classless off the field. Apparently, people don't see that. That's why the comparisons between Lewis and Incognito are invalid. Besides, didn't the scumbags in Miami just go 8-8 also, despite having more attitude?  And they gave up the most sacks in the league.

Like I said, I'd take Pouncey because he'd be a big upgrade and he'd fit our system.  But Incognito?  Hell no.

I really think they rediculed him to make him tougher. I do. He was pushed around on the field and I think they wanted him to play angry. Didn't work.

The report is a good read. Incognito is definitely obnoxious and offensive but his teammates liked him. Hell Martin was friends with him, just look at the text messages.

I read some and the way it looks, Martin essentially took friendly texts out of context to portray himself as the victim.  That's why I never judged, especially after I saw other teammates basically standing up for Incognito.  People should wait til everything is out before judgment is cast, even though we will still probably never know the whole story.

Off topic, I have this discussion with my friends all the time.  I'm not here to use the athletes as role models.  If you idolize these people that's your own problem.  If they can help my team win without creating controversy or disturbing the locker room, I'm all for them signing.  I don't care if you're a <butt>hole on or off the field as long as you're getting you're job done.  I'll ask you all this, do you know how everyone you work with acts when their not at work?  I doubt they're all the classiest people, but they do what they need to at work.

Edited by redrum52

There's a huge difference between being classless on the field and in the work environment and being classless off the field. Apparently, people don't see that. That's why the comparisons between Lewis and Incognito are invalid. Besides, didn't the scumbags in Miami just go 8-8 also, despite having more attitude?  And they gave up the most sacks in the league.

Like I said, I'd take Pouncey because he'd be a big upgrade and he'd fit our system.  But Incognito?  Hell no.

I get what you're saying, good point actually, but you never joke with co workers?  As far as the most sacks, didn't we give up our turnstile at LT to them?  Then they lost 2 more starters due to this drama.  I'd say they were kind of at a disadvantage.  Their team is also kind of soft as well.  For the rest, just refer to what I said above, if they can play without creating tension in the locker room, I'm all for them.  

The only one I said I would take is Pouncey for the same reasons you said.  I don't think we need a guard as bad a people say.  I think KO bounces back.

I read some and the way it looks, Martin essentially took friendly texts out of context to portray himself as the victim.  That's why I never judged, especially after I saw other teammates basically standing up for Incognito.  People should wait til everything is out before judgment is cast, even though we will still probably never know the whole story.

Off topic, I have this discussion with my friends all the time.  I'm not here to use the athletes as role models.  If you idolize these people that's your own problem.  If they can help my team win without creating controversy or disturbing the locker room, I'm all for them signing.  I don't care if you're a <butt>hole on or off the field as long as you're getting you're job done.  I'll ask you all this, do you know how everyone you work with acts when their not at work?  I doubt they're all the classiest people, but they do what they need to at work.

I am respected at my place of business and I act very professional. But if you took my cell phone from me and saw the text messages I send my co-worker buddy, I would look like a butthole too. Martin needs help. I doubt a team will take  on a project like  him. It's not like he was good anyways..

Anytime you put 50 or 60 people in a room, some are going to be butt holes. If a guy is talented, a Team player and doesn't create controversy, in my mind he is an acceptable candidate. As you said, it would seem that Martin and the media are the ones that created the controversy, not Richie or Pouncey.

I get what you're saying, good point actually, but you never joke with co workers?  As far as the most sacks, didn't we give up our turnstile at LT to them?  Then they lost 2 more starters due to this drama.  I'd say they were kind of at a disadvantage.  Their team is also kind of soft as well.  For the rest, just refer to what I said above, if they can play without creating tension in the locker room, I'm all for them.  

The only one I said I would take is Pouncey for the same reasons you said.  I don't think we need a guard as bad a people say.  I think KO bounces back.

Well not for nothing, they were giving up the most sacks early in the season also, before this all went down. I also agree with the bolded part, but I'm just not sure Incognito can ever be in a locker room without creating tension ever again, even if he doesn't try to create it. I know he never intended to make Martins life hell, and they were friends, but the perception of him is damaged for good, and I want no part of that. He has more of a checkered history than Pouncey, and Pouncey is overall better at C than Richie is at G, and I think KO bounces back for us as well.

But Martin is clearly at fault as well.  He didn't have the balls to stand up for himself, as you said.

Edited by RavensAllTheWay

No thank you.

I'd much prefer to take Martin to take over from Oher at RT.

He's still very young and was a second round draft pick only a couple of years ago. He struggled playing for Miami, but it's understandable why his performances may have suffered.

If he came here, I trust that we could very well develop in to a quality starting tackle.

No thank you.

I'd much prefer to take Martin to take over from Oher at RT.

He's still very young and was a second round draft pick only a couple of years ago. He struggled playing for Miami, but it's understandable why his performances may have suffered.

If he came here, I trust that we could very well develop in to a quality starting tackle.

You think Martin is mentally stable? He doesn't have it. He struggle at right and left. He betrayed his friends and teammates. He is literally the last player in the league I would want on this team. Like, I will take take Tebow before Martin. I would take SANCHEZ over Martin, even if it meant 1000 butt fumbles.

The more I think about it, depending on the asking price, Pouncey might be a good trade - he played both center and guard in college, and I think he could be as versatile here.  Still wouldn't want Incognito - he's 30 and has been in the league nine years now.  I notice most o- and d-linemen start to break down around this age, and I'd rather be trying to put together a group that has a chance to play 4-5 years together as opposed to constantly switching guys in and out.

You think Martin is mentally stable? He doesn't have it. He struggle at right and left. He betrayed his friends and teammates. He is literally the last player in the league I would want on this team. Like, I will take take Tebow before Martin. I would take SANCHEZ over Martin, even if it meant 1000 butt fumbles.

Maybe he isn't, but as someone who has suffered from mental health issues, I can totally sympathize with him.

If he moves to a team where he is treated with dignity and respect, he may be able to make a success of his career.

Some people respond better to praise, others respond better to criticism. It seems like Martin would be in the former category.

I'd not heard too much about Jerry until the report came out, but Incognito and Pouncey were already well known for being... unpleasant. It's little surprise to me that they are two of the main guys involved, and I want them no where near our younger players.