40 replies to this topic

#1 FastEddie

FastEddie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

I would really, really, like to see Campanero in a ravens uniform next year. This guy is pure slot grab and go player and would be a great compliment to our other guys at a relatively bargain draft spot (5/6 round).

We already have Torrey for the deep routes. Marlon can easily be our possession WR...if he can polish his body control. Add in another top tier TE with Pitta, and we will have one of the most dangerous offenses in the league.

https://www.youtube....h?v=T_hOkXOPXKc

Edited by FastEddie, 12 February 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#2 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

I agree with you wholeheartedly. He reminds me a lot of Welker and is great at moving the chains. Would be a good pick. He is from Clarksville MD too(just west of Columbia)

Edited by 52520Andrew, 12 February 2014 - 11:15 AM.

In Ozzie we Trust

Dallas Cowboys GM

General  Manager/Owner of the

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Puffins

#3 Ravenskid52752

Ravenskid52752

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Love Campanaro really big hands for a guy that is 5'10 (almost 10inches) also another plus he showed at the senior bowl is that he can get off press coverage which is a plus when he went up against 6'2-6'3 type players there and still got open.

Edited by Ravenskid52752, 12 February 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#4 RichieAsh

RichieAsh

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Would love to have him. I'd be worried Belichick wants him too. He has an unsatiable desire for short, quick, caucasian receivers. . 

#5 FastEddie

FastEddie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

I agree with you wholeheartedly. He reminds me a lot of Welker and is great at moving the chains. Would be a good pick. He is from Clarksville MD too(just west of Columbia)

Haha, that whole moving the chains comment sounds a lot like Oz in his presser. I think it's deff safe to say that he is on our radar.

Would love to have him. I'd be worried Belichick wants him too. He has an unsatiable desire for short, quick, caucasian receivers. . 

^ A fair amount of truth in this. We are starting to see a number of teams blue print their offense with a guy like this. Most of them coming out of the Belichick system. Decker, Edelman, someone else...cant remember his name, but I think he went to the chargers.

#6 RichieAsh

RichieAsh

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

Woodhead. Plus he brought in Amendola to replace Welker.

^ A fair amount of truth in this. We are starting to see a number of teams blue print their offense with a guy like this. Most of them coming out of the Belichick system. Decker, Edelman, someone else...cant remember his name, but I think he went to the chargers.

#7 Caliravenlover

Caliravenlover

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

I like him as our second wr we take, and maybe he could do PR/KR so we can move on from Jones. He is defiantly a good value you pick in the 5th, if we dont get him i want de'anthony thomas.

#8 Baltimore RAYvens

Baltimore RAYvens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

I went to high school with him, and not only is he a great athlete, he's a great character. People say he's a 5/6 I wouldn't be surprised if he goes earlier. I'd feel great if we got him in the fourth

#9 FastEddie

FastEddie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

I went to high school with him, and not only is he a great athlete, he's a great character. People say he's a 5/6 I wouldn't be surprised if he goes earlier. I'd feel great if we got him in the fourth

We could use a vocal guy on the offensive side on the ball and I think that his personality would fire our guys up.

Do you know if he has ever had any serious injuries or anything prone that our scouts would shy away from?

Edited by FastEddie, 12 February 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#10 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

One other thing on Campanaro, there is a really corny(but catchy) song out about him based on a Simpsons episode. Watch at your own risk lol:

In Ozzie we Trust

Dallas Cowboys GM

#11 FastEddie

FastEddie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

One other thing on Campanaro, there is a really corny(but catchy) song out about him based on a Simpsons episode. Watch at your own risk lol:

OMG, thanks for sharing that. You gotta respect a guy with his own theme song....maybe. Either way i'll be reppin this guy out of college on game days.

#12 52520Andrew

52520Andrew

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

OMG, thanks for sharing that. You gotta respect a guy with his own theme song....maybe. Either way i'll be reppin this guy out of college on game days.

Yeah he seems to be a likeable guy

In Ozzie we Trust

Dallas Cowboys GM

#13 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Camp helped River Hill beat my high school in the state championship 2 years in a row.  He was clearly the best player out on the field.  It would be cool to grab a guy that I've seen play before he even got to college.

Proud Owner/GM/Coach of the Portland Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches

#14 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Caliravenlover, on 12 Feb 2014 - 1:21 PM, said:Caliravenlover, on 12 Feb 2014 - 1:21 PM, said:

I like him as our second wr we take, and maybe he could do PR/KR so we can move on from Jones. He is defiantly a good value you pick in the 5th, if we dont get him i want de'anthony thomas.

Using a 6th round comp pick (rank 200ish) on Campanaro or De'anthony would be great, any sooner would be a reach though but perhaps worthwhile.

Edited by Bruce_Almty, 12 February 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#15 443hurricane

443hurricane

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

Campanaro is a TAKE! I do worry about his injury history so definitely no sooner than 5th round, but if he's there snatch him up with one of those compensatory picks.

Edited by 443hurricane, 12 February 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#16 Caliravenlover

Caliravenlover

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

Using a 6th round comp pick (rank 200ish) on Campanaro or De'anthony would be great, any sooner would be a reach though but perhaps worthwhile.

I just dont know how they would implement a guys like that in the new scheme that kubiac is bring. plus i dont think they ever used a guy like that in any game plane. The closest i can think is rice because he is 5'9. but he is a Running Back, and both Campanaro and De'anthony are H-Back. Im not questioning their skill, i am questioning if the ravens can make a game plan that will work to their strengths.  

#17 Cali_Raven

Cali_Raven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:11 AM

I just dont know how they would implement a guys like that in the new scheme that kubiac is bring. plus i dont think they ever used a guy like that in any game plane. The closest i can think is rice because he is 5'9. but he is a Running Back, and both Campanaro and De'anthony are H-Back. Im not questioning their skill, i am questioning if the ravens can make a game plan that will work to their strengths.

Campanaro isn't an H-Back he's a slot receiver, he pretty much is a Wes Welker

#18 Caliravenlover

Caliravenlover

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:47 AM

Campanaro isn't an H-Back he's a slot receiver, he pretty much is a Wes Welker

My bad they both have qualities if a H-Back

#19 MrDelDante

MrDelDante

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:17 AM

I'd definitely love the pick if we got him with with a comp in the 4th

Posted Image

#20 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,089 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

I like this guy a lot and would be happy with him if we landed him. I do hope it's not until later. He does seem like a guy we would select.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users