81 replies to this topic

#1 Ravenskid52752

Ravenskid52752

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

Basically he is still on his story of harbs being told to hire Kubiak and Won't give it up. this man is an idiot how he has a job lieing and false reporting of things is beyond me. this interview is crazy!

http://baltimore.cbs...saga-continues/

Edited by Ravenskid52752, 07 February 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#2 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Yea he is not going to change his tune. I don't know if he lied, maybe some people told him things that were not true, or he is inferring some things that maybe were not really said. I know a lot of people on 105.7 were saying this same thing, that there was "no question" harbs was not involved in this hiring of Kubiak. Hell I heard a commercial for one of The Fan's radio shows, in which they were replaying how there was no way Harbs was involved in this and the organization stepped in, so its not just Preston. 

None of us know what happened behind closed doors, but Byrne's story makes complete sense and seems like how I would see the hiring process playing out. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that Kubiak was still hopping to get a head coach gig. We were not going to wait around and see if he decided to be an offensive coordinator, so we had our field narrowed down. Its not like we were rushing to make a decision, we probably were waiting for all the head coach jobs to fill before making the decision and when they did, there was Kubiak.

#3 Ravenskid52752

Ravenskid52752

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Yea he is not going to change his tune. I don't know if he lied, maybe some people told him things that were not true, or he is inferring some things that maybe were not really said. I know a lot of people on 105.7 were saying this same thing, that there was "no question" harbs was not involved in this hiring of Kubiak. Hell I heard a commercial for one of The Fan's radio shows, in which they were replaying how there was no way Harbs was involved in this and the organization stepped in, so its not just Preston. 

None of us know what happened behind closed doors, but Byrne's story makes complete sense and seems like how I would see the hiring process playing out. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that Kubiak was still hopping to get a head coach gig. We were not going to wait around and see if he decided to be an offensive coordinator, so we had our field narrowed down. Its not like we were rushing to make a decision, we probably were waiting for all the head coach jobs to fill before making the decision and when they did, there was Kubiak.

agree.

#4 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

"A friend of mine in the organization" is Preston's source. Just laughable.

Him and Ken Wineman needs to get their butt out of MD.

#5 dirtybird10

dirtybird10

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

"A friend of mine in the organization" is Preston's source. Just laughable.

Him and Ken Wineman needs to get their butt out of MD.

LOL what's so bad about Weinman? I have never really heard anything that ridiculous out of him. I personally like both he and Preston, Preston is just very confidently wrong on a lot of occasions. Although I would say his football analysis is pretty decent at times. He's kind of like a Baltimore National Enquirer writer. He will get people stirring, and usually wrong, but can be right now and then. 

#6 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

My thing about the preston story is Kubiak wasn't attached or rumored for any OC position.  So it makes sense Harbaugh didn't think he was available.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#7 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

I wouldn't taken kevins as gospel either. Hes the pr guy. The truth probably in between

#8 FastEddie

FastEddie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

My thing about the preston story is Kubiak wasn't attached or rumored for any OC position.  So it makes sense Harbaugh didn't think he was available.

I agree that whats done is done, but in the press conference Harbs mentioned that they met at the beginning of the search and thought things wouldn't work well.

I feel like it was because Kubiak wanted to bring over his boys and Harbs wasn't ready to give in to that. Either way our offense is going to destroy Pittsburgh.

#9 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,603 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

The true story is probably in between, but given Preston's track record, the organization's track record, and Kevin Byrne's awesomeness, I'm very inclined to believe that the true story is closer to what the PR guys are saying. It just matches up better with the timeline. 

#10 frozen joe flacco fan

frozen joe flacco fan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

In the words of Rhett Butler, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a hoot." The story I heard was that Harbs called the Texans' OC, Rick Dennison, to ask him for a reference on Kyle Shanahan and Dennison let it be known that Kubiak was interested in the position. The selection of Kubiak over Shanahan boiled down to hiring the teacher versus the student. It sounds reasonable to me. Having said that, I was wondering why Kubiak was not in the discussion all along. Once Shanahan had two interviews and wasn't offered the job, it made me think that someone else was in the mix. In the final analysis, it doesn't matter. Even if Mike Preston's story is true, who really cares? We got the best man for the job! The Cleveland games will certainly take on a lot more meaning this year.  

#11 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

blah blah drama

Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#12 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

I find it weird. Does the guy want to hate on Harbaugh, or the Ravens? And if so why, if he is a writer in Baltimore or maybe a 'fan'. 

Kubiak was by far the biggest name on the market available for OC, and many thought he'd only take a HC job. He's got a stacked resume as an OC and has done it with many different players. We're lucky to have been able to lure the guy to Baltimore. And Harbaugh was 'forced' to do this? Hah, ridiculous. 

#13 arnie_uk

arnie_uk

Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

The true story is probably in between, but given Preston's track record, the organization's track record, and Kevin Byrne's awesomeness, I'm very inclined to believe that the true story is closer to what the PR guys are saying. It just matches up better with the timeline.

if I was to say my opinion.

Harbs wanted our wr coach. Bisciotti said, suggested not to rush and look elsewhere first. This preston has taken to mean bisciotti said no, and overruled, whereas in reality it was a suggestion. Harbs looked elsewhere, and they came down to kyle and our wr coach. Harbs prob still wanted our wr coach bisciotti wanted kyle.

Harbs then rings Dennison. Here, i dont believe it was to ask about kyle and he says well kubes wants a job. I think thats bull. I dono why or how that phone call happened but in the end they got it.

I firmly believe harbs wanted hostler, bisciotti and ozzie suggested due diligence on others available and preston has took this to be a no your not getting ur guy ur hiring who we want. When its really just a slow down we aren't in a hurry, look at every available person then pick from there

#14 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,893 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

The truth will come out....it always does!

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#15 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,210 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Ultimately who cares - there was similar speculation after 2011 when Cam was retained and Jim was hired, that Steve wanted to make a change then, but compromised to keep Cam if they got Joe an individual position coach.  The same thing was said after the game before Cam was fired, that Steve was ready to fire him then and there, but Harbs interceded for one more week. We really don't know what's true or what's not.  What is true is that Preston has been known to print less than flattering articles about the Ravens from the time he first got here.  It goes back to the Billick days, and it might even go back further but I really don't remember.  What I do know is that year in and year out, regardless of what we do, Preston writes that he's never sold on the Ravens, and how much of that is truth vs. something to drum up readership is anyone's guess.  But again, who cares why changes were made - I guarantee this, if they get the kinds of results I'm expecting, nobody in the organization is going to care why they happened.

#16 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

Im inclined to believe Harbaugh wanted Hostler in some capacity.  But there is no denying everyone thought Kubiak was off the market for an OC position.

Hopefully when it became known that Kubiak would be interested in Baltimore's OC spot Harbaugh made the move.

#17 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

if I was to say my opinion.

Harbs wanted our wr coach. Bisciotti said, suggested not to rush and look elsewhere first. This preston has taken to mean bisciotti said no, and overruled, whereas in reality it was a suggestion. Harbs looked elsewhere, and they came down to kyle and our wr coach. Harbs prob still wanted our wr coach bisciotti wanted kyle.

Harbs then rings Dennison. Here, i dont believe it was to ask about kyle and he says well kubes wants a job. I think thats bull. I dono why or how that phone call happened but in the end they got it.

I firmly believe harbs wanted hostler, bisciotti and ozzie suggested due diligence on others available and preston has took this to be a no your not getting ur guy ur hiring who we want. When its really just a slow down we aren't in a hurry, look at every available person then pick from there

This is pretty much how I see it too.

@gabefergy

#18 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,317 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

I will add though that Preston saying Harbs was absolutely not involved is crap.

@gabefergy

#19 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

I believe Preston's side to be closer to the truth. He's been disparaged by the club's paid writers, coaches and fan base on numerous occasions only to come out vindicated after the dust settled. 

It's in the clubs best interest to lie to protect Harbaugh from being perceived as a neutered lame duck by some on the team. What's in it for Preston to lie?  It only makes his job and good standing in dealing with the team more difficult.

While I appreciate the informative and sometimes entertaining articles I take anything the shills on this site write with a grain of salt.  It's smart business acumen to understand where the bread is buttered.

I enjoy the Byrne identify but understand much of it is PR oriented slanting of the actual facts.

The truth will surface.

Edited by Hardbaugh, 08 February 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#20 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

Does anyone seriously think Harbaugh would select Hostler over Kubiak? The likely scenario is that Kubiak was waiting to see if he would land a HC job before thinking about an OC position and when he became available he was the obvious choice.

LMAO at all of the perceived drama!

Edited by Tank 92, 08 February 2014 - 09:18 AM.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users