199 replies to this topic

#1 OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

And a good running game. All the weapons and Peyton Manning, didnt matter. Our formula for success for years.
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

#2 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

yea, that was pretty gross lol. The Broncos came with the worst plan of attack and they couldn't hold on to the ball. 

z66oxxi.jpg

#3 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

It was funny watching them try to run those little wr screens with no success. Happy to see those stupid short pass/pick plays shut down. That Seattle defense will be a problem for years.

Edited by redrum52, 02 February 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#4 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,724 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

Second time in less than 10 years a record breaking offense not only loses the Super Bowl, but barely goes over double digit points.

Defense truly wins big ball games.

Edited by Bltravens, 02 February 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#5 terpmaniac

terpmaniac

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Damn, the game wasn't even close! Denver stunk to high heaven. I feel bad for Peyton. But thank God we dont have to put up with a grinning John Elway for the next 365 days. Oh well Denver, maybe next year(oh wait this year was supposed to be next year).

#6 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Just watching Seattle do their thing gets me incredibly envious of who we were and what we've stood for in the past decade.   

Whenever a team faced against us, they knew our defense were the bully and a team to be reckon with.

Now, I don't know what we really are.  I wan't to see that ultimate defense we cared and love to see.   Make it happen FO/Coaches!  Lets get back to the CHAMPIONSHIP RAVENS!

#7 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

I just tweeted about an hr ago that the day and age of needing a 100million QB is over. Also Id go mobile QB who can move the chains ...before I go classic pocket passer in today's NFL. More importantly the teams that spread their salary around the whole team and not just dump it all into the QBs pocket have a better chance of winning it all..

I dont wanna make it seem like this is anti Flacco post...but I think theres other ways this could've been done.

#8 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

Just watching Seattle do their thing gets me incredibly envious of who we were and what we've stood for in the past decade.   

Whenever a team faced against us, they knew our defense were the bully and a team to be reckon with.

Now, I don't know what we really are.  I wan't to see that ultimate defense we cared and love to see.   Make it happen FO/Coaches!  Lets get back to the CHAMPIONSHIP RAVENS!

People forget about our 2006 Defense. We could have shutout the patriots and bears if we put up 1 touchdown vs peyton.

I still think our 2006 D > seahawks 

#9 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

I just tweeted about an hr ago that the day and age of needing a 100million QB is over. Also Id go mobile QB who can move the chains ...before I go classic pocket passer in today's NFL. More importantly the teams that spread their salary around the whole team and not just dump it all into the QBs pocket have a better chance of winning it all..

I dont wanna make it seem like this is anti Flacco post...but I think theres other ways this could've been done.

Flacco and Joe linta say suck it.

I agree. Flacco isnt worth the money, he has this year to show his worth. If not, he will be gone the next year

#10 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

It was funny watching them try to run those little wr screens with no success. Happy to see those stupid short pass/pick plays shut down. That Seattle defense will be a problem for years.

They're really tight to the cap and relying on a lot of young guys. As it stands, Michael Bennett and Walter Thurmond are the notable free agents. Next year it's Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas, but reports are that Thomas is the priority. We'll see if they can sustain their success on defense once money is due.

#11 TSizzle00

TSizzle00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

Manning 1-2 in SBs, not quite greatest of all time. Hawks defense was killer.

Metalsiren00 on ESPN.COM

GO RAVENS

AFCN

#12 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

Whatever wins championships wins championships. Our last SB was won with an average defense and an offense, that caught fire in the playoffs. So, your theory doesn't hold up.

I'd be more than happy, if we were just good on both sides of the ball.

Edited by PolishRifle, 02 February 2014 - 10:36 PM.

bJNF689.jpg

#13 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

Flacco and Joe linta say suck it.

I agree. Flacco isnt worth the money, he has this year to show his worth. If not, he will be gone the next year

Flacco will be sitting on his couch made of cash and the Ravens will be in salary cap hell like the NFL has never seen before

#14 TSizzle00

TSizzle00

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

People forget about our 2006 Defense. We could have shutout the patriots and bears if we put up 1 touchdown vs peyton.

2006 D was amazing, just the offense was..

Metalsiren00 on ESPN.COM

GO RAVENS

AFCN

#15 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

yeah i remember that game vs colts, it was a great defense.

#16 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

Flacco will be sitting on his couch made of cash and the Ravens will be in salary cap hell like the NFL has never seen before

For now the Ravens can look at the SB ring Flacco has won them just a year ago. I hope you recover from your amnesia soon.

bJNF689.jpg

#17 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

2006 D was amazing, just the offense was..

the 2006 ravens D was the best Defense of all time.

No im not trolling. It was that good.

#18 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

And a good running game. All the weapons and Peyton Manning, didnt matter. Our formula for success for years.

Like you said though, still need to be able to move the ball, whether it's running or passing it.  Too many 3 and outs stalled drives and killed us this year.

#19 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

By the way guys. Lets not get carried away. The broncos simply chocked. If this were a game replayed next week there is no way the game would play out like this.

#20 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

what's up with people bashing flacco and his salary, if we had a decent running game we would b playing vs seahawks tonight. flacco is good enough win a couple more SBs, u have to protect him, run game like any other good QB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users