#1 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Our reign officially ends this weekend.

I remember this time last year walking through Wegmans.   It was a sea of purple.  The guy at the fish counter had a PA blaring Seven Nation Army, and other hype songs inter mixed in with bits Ray Lewis pep talks.  There was excitement and energy all around.  Every were you went.  Smiles and purple. 

You cant win them all.  Truthfully, winning the Super Bowl ten years in a row would probably ruin us as a fan base. We are plenty cocky as it is.

But I digress.

A few more days and it time to look forward to next season.  I have a dollar that says at minimum, playoffs.

Either way it wont be 12 years before we are in the Super Bowl again.  Just you watch...

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#2 JoeyFlex5

JoeyFlex5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

think about this all the time. a year ago we were flying high just waiting to watch the next win so we can finally take that lombardi home, now theres just no reason to be excited about whats happening in the nfl, and itsbeen that way since the start of the 4th quarter in week 17. it sucks :(

#3 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,989 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

It's bittersweet for me. I love thinking about what this team didn't and the video on the home page was great. But thinking about last year also reminds me of the utter disappointment this years was. I won't lie, I've been spoiled by the success of thos organization and I expect it. The Reign ends on Sunday but the work towards anoother has already started and I'm excited.

mj5v69.jpg

#4 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

think about this all the time. a year ago we were flying high just waiting to watch the next win so we can finally take that lombardi home, now theres just no reason to be excited about whats happening in the nfl, and itsbeen that way since the start of the 4th quarter in week 17. it sucks :(

Loss to the Browns pretty much told me where our season was headed, but this is what makes you appreciate the winning seasons so much more.  I see a very bright future for our team and still think Flacco wins at least one more before he hangs up his cleats.  

#5 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,670 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

Still seems such a dream. Media still rarely talks about it. I wish i can relive that day, or the playoffs. The whole world watched Joe Flacco and Jones light it up.

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Pitta Hut is now open! WE ALWAYS DELIVER.

#6 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,427 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

It's so crazy that it's been a year already. Where did it go?
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#7 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,275 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

What I remember is every single week for those last 4-5 weeks, they kept talking about how we didn't belong there.  I think it was Ashley Fox who wrote that "Manning the Computer" article, saying he'd have us figured out by the first quarter or something.  And then everyone kept brining up Brady's record in Foxborough.  And then everyone kept talking about Kaepernick being a top 10 quarterback even though he'd only started nine games.  And I kept hearing the same thing - the defense is too old, the offense isn't good, they might get lucky and win a game or two, but they can't win.

#8 Poes Crows

Poes Crows

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

Went into the playoffs last year very confident.

We had a defense that bent but didn't break.  Ed was Homeland Security and we didn't give up cheap scores over the top. Pollard was the LA Police Department and beat a tattoo upon every bad guy.  That was a helluva combo.

Haloti Ngata was nicked up but he played like a stalwart when in.  When he went out in the Championship Game that was the only time worry set in. But Ed stepped up on that goal line and so did Jimmy Smith.

Jacoby Jones and Anquan Boldin were guys folks would never pick for their sorry Fantasy Football teams. (This fan will never play that freakin lame passtime again. The amount of time those dullards on the NFL Network devote to that nonsense is an abomination.) But Jacoby and Anquan added elements that made our receiving corps the most well rounded group of guys in the league.  We had it all at receiver.

Ray Lewis had probably lost three steps, but he was always sniffing out the play and relying upon his unparalleled experience to limit the gain.

We've lost our core ...........we've lost our center......worse yet, our Front Office thinks they improved the team last year.  This could get ugly.

<p>John Smith of Titanic lore did not board a lifeboat Ozzie. A Captain that has blundered does the honorable thing. He goes down with his ship.

#9 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

NO ONE outside of Baltimore thought we had a chance.
One guy from NFL-XM said.
"Baltimore isnt even worth talking about. "

the OTHER thing I remember from a year ago was waking up sunday morning thinking,
This is going to be the LONGEST DAY EVER !!!!
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#10 Natural Born Hitters

Natural Born Hitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

And indeed it was a long day, especially once those lights turned off during the game. 

Posted Image

"In every journey there will be ups and downs peaks and valleys and no matter how long you have been in this business that when opportunity knocks you gotta grab it. Because if you don't grab it, you never know if it's ever going to show up again. All 32 teams come in with the same thing, for us it's no different. Ultimately the destination is Dallas. The one team to see the confetti drop. We've been everywhere and been tested and if thats in our destiny, than that's what we're really going to touch at the end of the year. As far as, Why else do you play the game? You only play the game to win a Championship. And I want that taste again, and that's always the motivation and that movitivation will never stop untill the day I retire." #52

#11 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

I remember this time last year walking through Wegmans.   It was a sea of purple.  The guy at the fish counter had a PA blaring Seven Nation Army, and other hype songs inter mixed in with bits Ray Lewis pep talks.  There was excitement and energy all around.  Every were you went.  Smiles and purple. 

You cant win them all.  Truthfully, winning the Super Bowl ten years in a row would probably ruin us as a fan base. We are plenty cocky as it is.

But I digress.

A few more days and it time to look forward to next season.  I have a dollar that says at minimum, playoffs.

Either way it wont be 12 years before we are in the Super Bowl again.  Just you watch...

Speak for yourself brah!  Smh!  I doubt that the Patriots fan base feels that way after their many playoffs and Super Bowl appearances and wins.  Spoiled is the buzz word that many of you cats use in here.  I call it being "accustomed" to winning!

It's bittersweet for me. I love thinking about what this team didn't and the video on the home page was great. But thinking about last year also reminds me of the utter disappointment this years was. I won't lie, I've been spoiled by the success of thos organization and I expect it. The Reign ends on Sunday but the work towards anoother has already started and I'm excited.

As I mentioned above.  For me; I'm "accustomed" to winning!  Not spoiled by it.  And, that is a great thing!  Nothing wrong with that!

Went into the playoffs last year very confident.

We had a defense that bent but didn't break.  Ed was Homeland Security and we didn't give up cheap scores over the top. Pollard was the LA Police Department and beat a tattoo upon every bad guy.  That was a helluva combo.

Haloti Ngata was nicked up but he played like a stalwart when in.  When he went out in the Championship Game that was the only time worry set in. But Ed stepped up on that goal line and so did Jimmy Smith.

Jacoby Jones and Anquan Boldin were guys folks would never pick for their sorry Fantasy Football teams. (This fan will never play that freakin lame passtime again. The amount of time those dullards on the NFL Network devote to that nonsense is an abomination.) But Jacoby and Anquan added elements that made our receiving corps the most well rounded group of guys in the league.  We had it all at receiver.

Ray Lewis had probably lost three steps, but he was always sniffing out the play and relying upon his unparalleled experience to limit the gain.

We've lost our core ...........we've lost our center......worse yet, our Front Office thinks they improved the team last year.  This could get ugly.

I never got into FF.  Smh!  lol!

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#12 OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

A year ago........... we made all the announcers and "experts" mad at us for winning when they picked against us every game.....however they were correct at the beginning if this season in letting us know it was a big mistake getting rid of key players like Pollard and Boldin
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

#13 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

But I digress.

I still cant believe we won the way we did...with the longtime president of the Baltimore Ravens Ray Lewis announcing his retirement we had our backs against the wall imagine if we would have lost how much Ray may have regretted that decision. Not only that but the teams we had to go through a scrappy Indianapolis team, Peyton, Brady AND the best defense in all of football on the biggest stage in the world.

Then the huge parade downtown the packed stadium and just all around good vibes that came with it, thats why I really could give 2 craps about the fact that we were horrible this year...that feeling of our team being in the super bowl  and WINNING outweighs everything.

I feel like this year we will get back on track to the playoffs and continue fighting our way back to the top like we did for the last 5 years.

Edited by Purple_ICE 81, 02 February 2014 - 08:42 AM.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#14 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,670 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

Lets get it back. For some reason I have a fire inside me where I want the Ravens to go back to the Superbowl by just crushing teams. Lets  do this. Im pumped for next season. 

joe-flacco-wife-gave-birth-before-ravens

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Pitta Hut is now open! WE ALWAYS DELIVER.

#15 mdrsharon

mdrsharon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

What I remember is every single week for those last 4-5 weeks, they kept talking about how we didn't belong there.  I think it was Ashley Fox who wrote that "Manning the Computer" article, saying he'd have us figured out by the first quarter or something.  And then everyone kept brining up Brady's record in Foxborough.  And then everyone kept talking about Kaepernick being a top 10 quarterback even though he'd only started nine games.  And I kept hearing the same thing - the defense is too old, the offense isn't good, they might get lucky and win a game or two, but they can't win.

so true.

all the media said how great Peyton Manning was, but that defense of Seattle was killer!!

I only get national media, so they are all over how Manning would dismantle their D. Not so much.

They said we didn't belong.

Just goes to show what can happen!

#16 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

In no time at all the Ravens SB XLVII victory will be tucked away in the archives along with SB XXXV.

#17 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

The Ravens SB reign is officially over! 

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"