50 replies to this topic

#1 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

Exactly what the title says.  With the excitement of a new offense to be installed, seeing Marlon Brown's potential and obviously attempting to fix the offense this off season, what do you think will happen next season?

Yes, I know, the current one isn't done, but I'm sick of seeing the same articles and all we have til then is the SB, draft talk and a bunch of outside speculation.  Why not let it at least be us who's making the assumptions than analysts who ignore our team or plain just don't give us credit most the time?

I'm going to say defense finishes in the top 5.  Sans the 4th quarter collapses, look at how well they played.  I honestly think had the offense done even an average job at moving the ball and scoring, that would've made the defense look much better.  I can see Webb improving with a year under his belt on the knee(see the 2011 season when he was fully healthy from the first ACL) and Jimmy continuing to get better.  I think regardless of if Graham stays or goes, that Asa will come in and by the bye week, be playing solid football.  I see Suggs(being extended) staying healthy and the pass rush being more fierce than last season.  My wild card will be Ngata.  If he can regain form that opens things up for guys like Brandon Williams and Deangelo Tyson. KLM was considered to be a really good d lineman until the injury as well.  If Ngata can get back, that will the d line some flexibility if Art leaves.  I hated missing out on the post season, but honestly, this time off might be really good for the older guys on the team who have been constantly playing deep into the season.  For 5 years straight, they never came home before the divisional round.  The extra rest could really help guys out.

Offense will finish top 11 in scoring.  On offense, I think Yanda is back to his normal self having a full off season(had the shoulder surgery).  With the shoulder problem, I doubt he was ever actually playing at full strength due to the time missed working out in the off season.  I know how back injuries can linger, but since KO is young, I think he can make a full recovery and he has said he's changed how he works out to adapt.  The only parts that need to be addressed on the line are C and RT, and I think C might not be that big a deal if they just allow Flacco to handle more of the line responsibility.  I think Kubiak and Dennison will have a major impact on the play of the o line through play calling and coaching.  If I was the team, I'd make a move for a veteran C through FA and use the early picks on offensive playmakers to groom with Joe. 

#2 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Offense finishes top ten. Top five in rushing and in top 15 in passing. Top five in scoring. 

Why not be bold? Lol

#3 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

Exactly what the title says.  With the excitement of a new offense to be installed, seeing Marlon Brown's potential and obviously attempting to fix the offense this off season, what do you think will happen next season?

Yes, I know, the current one isn't done, but I'm sick of seeing the same articles and all we have til then is the SB, draft talk and a bunch of outside speculation.  Why not let it at least be us who's making the assumptions than analysts who ignore our team or plain just don't give us credit most the time?

I'm going to say defense finishes in the top 5.  Sans the 4th quarter collapses, look at how well they played.  I honestly think had the offense done even an average job at moving the ball and scoring, that would've made the defense look much better.  I can see Webb improving with a year under his belt on the knee(see the 2011 season when he was fully healthy from the first ACL) and Jimmy continuing to get better.  I think regardless of if Graham stays or goes, that Asa will come in and by the bye week, be playing solid football.  I see Suggs(being extended) staying healthy and the pass rush being more fierce than last season.  My wild card will be Ngata.  If he can regain form that opens things up for guys like Brandon Williams and Deangelo Tyson. KLM was considered to be a really good d lineman until the injury as well.  If Ngata can get back, that will the d line some flexibility if Art leaves.  I hated missing out on the post season, but honestly, this time off might be really good for the older guys on the team who have been constantly playing deep into the season.  For 5 years straight, they never came home before the divisional round.  The extra rest could really help guys out.

Offense will finish top 11 in scoring.  On offense, I think Yanda is back to his normal self having a full off season(had the shoulder surgery).  With the shoulder problem, I doubt he was ever actually playing at full strength due to the time missed working out in the off season.  I know how back injuries can linger, but since KO is young, I think he can make a full recovery and he has said he's changed how he works out to adapt.  The only parts that need to be addressed on the line are C and RT, and I think C might not be that big a deal if they just allow Flacco to handle more of the line responsibility.  I think Kubiak and Dennison will have a major impact on the play of the o line through play calling and coaching.  If I was the team, I'd make a move for a veteran C through FA and use the early picks on offensive playmakers to groom with Joe. 

I think Ray Rice has 1,400 yards 10TDs and atleast 60 catches.

Flacco will continue to have mediocre stats as a result of the run heavy offense we deploy. But drastically cuts down on turnovers and becomes a better decision maker.

Defense will atleast be top 12

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#4 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

I think Ray Rice has 1,400 yards 10TDs and atleast 60 catches.

Flacco will continue to have mediocre stats as a result of the run heavy offense we deploy. But drastically cuts down on turnovers and becomes a better decision maker.

Defense will atleast be top 12

25-30 tds and 12 or under picks is a good season to me.  The thing is, if you're not getting a lot scores, at least keep the turnovers down which was a big problem for me this season.

Offense finishes top ten. Top five in rushing and in top 15 in passing. Top five in scoring. 

Why not be bold? Lol

Was going to be, then decided to keep it kinda realistic.  I originally was going to say offense finishes top 10.  Top 5 rushing is attainable and think they can finish in the top 15 easily.  Like I said, I think the key would be getting a C or RT for a good price in FA and drafting the offensive weapons to save money.

#5 Robbo15

Robbo15

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Idk about rice having 1400

#6 Ravens804

Ravens804

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

Flacco breaks peytons yardage and td record and ray rice breaks tomilsons td record.

Heath Evans body goes super nova at the sight of awesomeness that the ravens display and Roger Goodell cancels the NFL because he refused to acknowledge all the records being broken by the ravens. Ray Lewis comes out of retirement and says no weapon formed against us shall prosper and forces Goodell to bring back football then goes backto being an analyst.

Baltimore_Ravens.jpg

Ravens804

#7 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

Top 8 rushing attack, top 15 passing attack.

Top 15 defensive sacks. Return to the playoffs. Lets go!

z66oxxi.jpg

#8 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:44 AM

defense will be top 10 again depending on suggs staying put and we getting daryl smith back.

offense should be at least top 10 overall given the o-line will be better .......

#9 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

I dont believe in ngata. Part of me wonders if the likes of pryce and redding made him appear more dominant then he actualy was. 

I think its too early to say anything really. In a non bias statement I will say as of right now its not looking good. Too many holes and not enough talent to be an elite team. Lets be honest here , the roster is hardly amazing. Lets see what ozzie can do in FA and the Draft.

#10 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

Realisticly, I don't think we go from the bottom of the league in offense to top 5..but I DO think that if the Oline gets fixed, they can get back to maybe 12th or 13th overall. I think the defense can not only be top 10, but top 3 possibly..if the offense can limit the turnovers and change field position consistantly.

With a top 3 defense, Offense just shy of top 10, they will be a dangerous and balanced team. They'll be playing a 3rd place schedule, so I think 11-12 wins is not far fetched next year

Edited by JEEPercreepermd, 30 January 2014 - 08:21 AM.

"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#11 Willbacker

Willbacker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

If the OLine respond to the intricacy of Kubes blocking schemes then Rice can probally get over 1200 yds with Pierce getting 800. That should put us top 7. I think we'll be top 10 in passing with Rice catching more screens and WRs learning to get open and not dropping the ball and a healthy Pitta.

The D will probally stay about the same but that's OK we just need the O to improve.

#12 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

Marlon Brown explodes onto the scene. Nearly doubles his catches & yards. 90 some catches, 1,000 yards around 7 TD's again.

Rick Wagner becomes our starting RT and flourishes.

Pierce rushes for 900+ yards. Rice 800.

Edited by Gordo52, 30 January 2014 - 09:34 AM.

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#13 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,586 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

Top 10 O and D.
Posted Image

#14 callahan09

callahan09

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

In all honesty, I expect the run game personnel still won't be solid enough to be a top 10 run game, even with better plays, game plans, and play-calling.  I think we are improved from last year, but struggle to reach 4 yards per carry and don't exceed it by much if at all.  This will be enough of an improvement from last season, however, that Flacco and the passing game, along with new and improved routes and far improved play selections, will have their most successful season yet.  It will be an efficient passing offense, and Flacco will finish the season with new personal bests in completion percentage and will surpass 4000 yards.  The offense will do very well in time of possession and will average at least 25 points per game for the first time in franchise history, all of which which will help keep pressure off our defense, helping them to finish top 10 in both scoring and yards allowed.  We will have a winning record.

Edited by callahan09, 30 January 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#15 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Why not be bold? Lol

I realized that this really shouldn't be a bold statement, considering Kubiak's track record and the talent we do have on offense. It's not like we're talent starved; the line's the only real issue. I think that these goals are very attainable.

#16 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

13 -3, undefeated at The Bank.

#17 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hopefully a lot better than 2013...Do not think the offense will be in sleep mode with these coaches.

#18 edthehead

edthehead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

flacco will break 4000 yds passing with 2,, 1000 yd WR ,rice /pierce will become the tandem we thought they would be overall off rank maybe 7th or 8th,,,,,,,Kubiak and staff rolls out  

#19 BOLDnPurPnBlacK

BOLDnPurPnBlacK

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Here's my bold prediction:

Flacco plays incredibly efficient ball in this system, with about 3800 yds, with a 67% completion rate, about 24 TDs and 8 INT's, we go 12-4 and win the division.

BUT since he didn't throw for 4,000 yds and 30 Td's he will still be ridiculed by many.

Maybe it's not so Bold.
Google me.

#20 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,161 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

A whole lotta crazy going on in this thread right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users