Here's my list of the top 8 FA receivers (I tried to do 10 but there isn't 2 other receivers I'd consider signing and I would rather just get a WR in the draft_:
1. Eric Decker - This would be EXTREMELY unlikely to happen because of the cap and contract it would require to sign him. But he is the best receiver in the FA class. A lot of people don't think so and think he is just a product of the powerful Broncos offense under Peyton Manning, but with Tim Tebow under center, he was able to haul in 8 touchdowns and 612 yards in his second season. Playing with Peyton has taught him a lot and I think his best years are ahead of him regardless of where he plays. He finds the ball and makes plays with it. Also showed great return skills this past season.
2. Hakeem Nicks - If it wasn't for the cap issue, this would be the best possible signing we could make in the offseason. I feel like he still has a lot to prove and he has shown some brilliance in his years as a Giant. Last year would have been better for him but the Giants offense had a lot of the same issues our offense had. He can make contested catches and can make a 5 yard reception into a 30-40 yard one with his ability to get more after the catch. He is awesome.
3. Julian Edelman - I want him solely to take a weapon away from the Patriots but he is also a great slot receiver and much like Hakeem Nicks, he showed the ability to convert 3rd downs and get extra yards after the catch. He had a breakout season and would command a big contract so it would be tough to sign him but he would be a great addition.
4. Riley Cooper - He would be a cheaper option and he isn't a home run like the top 2 guys on this list but he can make a big play at any given time and is only getting better. I don't know how good of a route runner he is but he was able to stand out in a powerful Eagles offense and I saw him on a lot of Curl routes and he was successful with the deep pass which is one of Flacco's strengths so he could fit in.
5. Jeremy Maclin/Kenny Britt - I couldn't decide who to put at number 5 so I picked both of these guys. Maclin was injured and did not play all of 2013, but Britt was benched but I don't think it had to do too much with him not performing. I think it was more of a problem with the coach, Mike Munchak who got fired, and some off the field issues. This might be alarming and it might seem like he's immature but I think a fresh start would work for him. He has expressed interest in joining the Ravens in the past during the trade deadline and he would be a cheaper option who I think could pay off. Maclin has shown the ability to be one of the better number 2 receivers in the league and if he comes back from his injury well, he could also pay off for whatever team he joins.
6. James Jones - He's getting older but could make those necessary catches on 3rd down and just be a converter like Brandon Stokely was supposed to be before getting hurt. Jones is healthy and could be that guy for us.
7. Emmanuel Sanders - Taking a player from the Steelers should always feel good. Sanders is an okay receiver but would fit in really well as a number 3 if Jacoby left. I don't know how much he would command though.
8. Santana Moss - He is getting old but can still play and wouldn't be too expensive. I'd rather not sign him though because of his age, we want younger more athletic receivers. He makes the list just because there really aren't any other FA receivers that I would rather sign that getting a rookie from the draft.
I didn't put Anquan Boldin on here because if I did he would be at number one or two, but it isn't happening and honestly shouldn't happen because it would be like the Ravens admitting they made a mistake and I don't think he would come back. It's better to just move on from him. But if somehow he wanted back in, then I would obviously not mind/love it!