Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

berad

Gary Kubiak hired as Ravens Offensive Coordinator

275 posts in this topic

Staff changes have already begun:

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 12m

Ravens won't be retaining tight ends coach coach Wade Harman, according to a source

We are going to need a new TE coach!

Wow, he's been here since the Heap days. I guess they want to go in a different direction. Hopefully Hostler is next to get the axe!!!

I want to be the first to apologize to John Harbaugh.

Nobody saw this coming. One day I'll learn to stop believing the media about the Ravens. They're like the freaking FBI. They reveal nothing.

Wow, the rumor from this morning turns out to be true, who knew Kubiak would be a dark horse for the Ravens OC?

Nobody saw this coming. One day I'll learn to stop believing the media about the Ravens. They're like the freaking FBI. They reveal nothing.

They're really secrative.  Kubiak probably favorite all along, just wanted to see if anyone else would be a better candidate.

Our site is reporting that dozens of interviews happened, reaching all the way into college ranks - up to two interviews a day. We heard hardly a peep. Crazy behind the scenes stuff.

I'm just glad we got an OL coach to be our QB coach.  It makes a ton of sense.  I bet Joe will be blocking like a champ!

Saw on Twitter that Shanahan won't be hired:

Source: Kyle Shanahan won't be joining the Ravens' staff: http://www.baltimoresun.com/bal-source-kyle-shanahan-wont-be-joining-ravens-staff-20140127,0,6507549.story 

That's disappointing, but I guess I'm happy we finally found an OC and a QB coach.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Ravens hire Rick Dennison as quarterbacks coach: http://www.baltimoresun.com/bal-ravens-hire-rick-dennison-as-quarterbacks-coach-20140127,0,2570825.story 

Is there any way I can watch the presser on mobile?

Yes, if you download the app I believe it is hosted as well. That is, if you have a decent internet/wifi connection

I'm just glad we got an OL coach to be our QB coach.  It makes a ton of sense.  I bet Joe will be blocking like a champ!

He's also a former Offensive Coordinator. He'll be fine as QB coach.

I'm glad they finally decided to branch out. We needed an offensive shakeup after being pretty damn garbage on offense last year. Kubiak should work wonders for our running game and our play-action will be deadlier than ever with Flacco. 

Harbs just said we might have to hire a receivers coach, so that means Hostler could be gone.

Well here we go. It took awhile but the Ravens made their call. All I can say is welcome to Charm City Gary, and let's go get 'em!  Go Ravens!!

Also nice timing on the hiring because it takes some of the thunder away from all of the talk about the Super Bowl this week.

The media better ask Kubiak about no huddle or how much freedom Joe will have.