43 replies to this topic

#1 Capitalize

Capitalize

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Remember what the Patriots did in '07 starting with the offseason? They made several impactful moves that allowed them to go 16-0. 1). They traded for Wes Welker, 2). They traded for Randy Moss who still had alot to prove 3).They got Donte Stallworth in his prime, 4). They got adalius Thomas thanks to us! and 5). They hit on a few of their 1st round picks. Plus they were able to manage the salary cap.

We should do the same and Ozzie is capable of doing that! He did indicate that he will be "very activie in free agency"!

Well we shouldn't do much in free agency the only free agent that is worth going after is WR Eric Decker and we should get him to be our slot reciever.

So here is my plan:

1). Sign Eric Decker

2). Trade for FS Antrell Rolle

3). Resign Pitta and Monroe

4). Franchise tag Arthur Jones

And finally

5). Rehire Jim Zorn to coach Joe Flacco

#2 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,919 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

I'd much rather take the approach the Superbowl 47 winner took. ;) They didn't make splash moves. They built through the draft and filled in the roster in free agency. 

However, I am very much in favor of signing that Decker guy. I hear his hands are suspect but he's the type of receiver we need for our offense to grow. 

#3 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,458 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

There's still this thing called the salary cap...

#4 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

There's still this thing called the salary cap...

If only Flacco were as noble as King Brady and restructured his contract for the good of the team
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#5 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

If only Flacco were as noble as King Brady and restructured his contract for the good of the team

By King, I meant Princess
Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVPFarewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#6 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

There was an article about why Ozzie signs guys that were cap casualties of other teams -- by doing so, we do not lose our compensatory draft picks.

I think we should continue doing so. But I would like to see us explore the possibility of trading several guys to open up some cap room.

#7 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,458 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

There was an article about why Ozzie signs guys that were cap casualties of other teams -- by doing so, we do not lose our compensatory draft picks.

I think we should continue doing so. But I would like to see us explore the possibility of trading several guys to open up some cap room.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't care about comp picks (within reason).  While I love having all of those extra picks, if there's a good player out there, I want him on this team.  If he takes away a shot at a comp pick, so be it.  Give me the best players possible on this team.

#8 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Lol Eric Decker isn't happening. I don't want it to happen either.

#9 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

Remember what the Patriots did in '07 starting with the offseason? They made several impactful moves that allowed them to go 16-0. 1). They traded for Wes Welker, 2). They traded for Randy Moss who still had alot to prove 3).They got Donte Stallworth in his prime, 4). They got adalius Thomas thanks to us! and 5). They hit on a few of their 1st round picks. Plus they were able to manage the salary cap.

We should do the same and Ozzie is capable of doing that! He did indicate that he will be "very activie in free agency"!

Well we shouldn't do much in free agency the only free agent that is worth going after is WR Eric Decker and we should get him to be our slot reciever.

So here is my plan:

1). Sign Eric Decker

And finally

And where do the Ravens get the Cap space to do this? Wishful thinking but not gonna happen. I don't remember Oz ever saying we would be very active in free agency.

#10 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Brady's money was all guaranteed. Flacco actually was less against the cap then Brady.

#11 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

decker is not a #1 WR........

dq0w81.gif

#12 hn68wb4

hn68wb4

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

extremely wishful thinking

1) Decker isn't going to be signed out of FA, itd be a great acquisition, but he's be way too expensive, Ozzie did say he may target a star receiver in FA, but I seriously doubt Decker would be the guy after being so productive for the past few years

2) Theres no way we will trade for Rolle, he's 31 and isn't cheap. The patriots traded a 2nd rounder and a 7th rounder for Welker, who was still young. There's no way we are shelling out that much to get anyone, let alone an aging vet. Now if Rolle ends up being a cap casualty, then signing him is exactly the kind of move Ozzie would make because he's a vet and wont command a huge contract.

3) Resigning Monroe and Pitta isn't out of the realm of possibility, but if we do then we cant franchise Jones because of cap

I don't remember ever hearing Ozzie say we'd be active in FA, he did say he would try to target a star receiver

#13 jkm5bmore

jkm5bmore

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Model the Ravens after the Patriots? Okay...

1) Get all the oppositions playbooks through hook or crook, get in-game real-time hidden cameras expertly installed throughout MIT and hire operatives who subscribe to coaching every cheap-shot, knee targeting, ball kicking (not just footballs), eye gauging and referee call baiting trick in the book.

2) Use elitist owner status to buy, politic and/or dictate to force NFL rule changes that benefit your team and your team only.

3) Systematically pay every player on the team less than they're worth (expect one) and silence the Players Union by using your commissioner to impose the gag rule.

In Short: When the Ravens become the Patriots in black and purple - I'm done with the Ravens. Ain't gonna' happen! (please)

Play Like Ravens...52+1

64plqc.jpg

FlocksGotta'FEED!

#14 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,197 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't care about comp picks (within reason).  While I love having all of those extra picks, if there's a good player out there, I want him on this team.  If he takes away a shot at a comp pick, so be it.  Give me the best players possible on this team.

That's my thought process as well.  To hell with the "best player available" mantra.  I guess they had to adopt that line of thinking and to focus on compensatory picks when the Ravens are always in the playoffs and other teams are picking over the "good" players before them.  Now, that the Ravens are picking earlier in the draft; I want to see what types of moves will be made.

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#15 Pats

Pats

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

well this is an odd thread should I put in perspective that back then welker was barely known and moss needed a career revival so it's not like we got them at their peaks because we probably couldn't afford them if that was the case.

#16 jkm5bmore

jkm5bmore

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Patriot Troll: Send

It looks like it's time to cause a little traffic problems in the minds and hearts of Ravens fans on the Bunker Hill Bridge.

Ravens Fan: Reply

We don't want to be the freakin' Patriots!

Edited by jkm5bmore, 19 January 2014 - 04:07 PM.

Play Like Ravens...52+1

64plqc.jpg

FlocksGotta'FEED!

#17 Omerta

Omerta

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

So here is my plan:

1). Sign Eric Decker

And finally

We should find bigfoot to and have him play Center.

In seriousness I like your optimism and even your plan, but as to how feasible that is would be right next to bigfoot and Atlantis.

#18 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

So here is my plan:

1). Sign Eric Decker

And finally

You're forgetting Brady got Randy Moss at the end of his prime on that team.  There is no Randy Moss out there.

#19 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

sorry Ravens don't cheat

Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#20 DefensiveMind

DefensiveMind

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

The Ravens should never duplicate anything that the patriots do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users