Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

Terrell Suggs on TV

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 mdrsharon

mdrsharon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Suggs was the guest commentator on the NFL network yesterday.

He looked very sharp and of course, was really funny, especially when asked about rivalries.

Ravens vs Steelers, he said, Yeah, me and Ben.

Also remarked about trading Boldin, he kept saying it was for a 6th round pick. I think even the players couldn't get over that one.

He has a great future on TV!

#2 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

So many people act like this was a sole act by the Ravens "to get rid of" Anquan Boldin. Suggs was indecisive on that issue on NFL Network.... and yet made it known he disapproved of it.   I will maintain that Boldin made a choice when he CHOSE to turn down the $4M offer the Ravens made him...  He CHOSE not to accept that... So the Ravens found him a team out there that would give him what he wanted, and in return they got the CAP space and a 6th round pick.  He wanted more money...  He lost his bargaining power when he stated that "he would prefer to retire rather than play for any other team in the NFL". 

When you start to realize how bad our defense was in 2012... Who we lost in players after the Super Bowl...  in Kruger, Ellerbe, Williams, Lewis, Reed, and even McClain with his spinal cord injury...  We Had No Choice but to find Defensive players...  And that is what the FO did.  Imagine had they not... What would our defense have looked like this year?

That relates back to the topic at hand....  When asked, Suggs should have backed management and mentioned all of these things, because he ACTUALLY IS a defensive player, and knows how all of that impacted him and the rest of the team...   

The fact that he kinda waffled, and threw the organization under the bus on that trade/move......  again???  Actually may not help him either... Boldin was a casualty... and there will be some more this year folks.  We cannot afford all of the guys we have... again...  Just my Opinion folks....

2jcew5c.jpg

#3 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

So many people act like this was a sole act by the Ravens "to get rid of" Anquan Boldin. Suggs was indecisive on that issue on NFL Network.... and yet made it known he disapproved of it.   I will maintain that Boldin made a choice when he CHOSE to turn down the $4M offer the Ravens made him...  He CHOSE not to accept that... So the Ravens found him a team out there that would give him what he wanted, and in return they got the CAP space and a 6th round pick.  He wanted more money...  He lost his bargaining power when he stated that "he would prefer to retire rather than play for any other team in the NFL". 

When you start to realize how bad our defense was in 2012... Who we lost in players after the Super Bowl...  in Kruger, Ellerbe, Williams, Lewis, Reed, and even McClain with his spinal cord injury...  We Had No Choice but to find Defensive players...  And that is what the FO did.  Imagine had they not... What would our defense have looked like this year?

That relates back to the topic at hand....  When asked, Suggs should have backed management and mentioned all of these things, because he ACTUALLY IS a defensive player, and knows how all of that impacted him and the rest of the team...   

The fact that he kinda waffled, and threw the organization under the bus on that trade/move......  again???  Actually may not help him either... Boldin was a casualty... and there will be some more this year folks.  We cannot afford all of the guys we have... again...  Just my Opinion folks....

Couldn't you say management threw him under the bus when they said they're not afraid to let good players walk in relation to Suggs'?  

They asked him a question and he gave his opinion.

#4 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

Couldn't you say management threw him under the bus when they said they're not afraid to let good players walk in relation to Suggs'?  

They asked him a question and he gave his opinion.

I think that they made themselves pretty clear as to what they have to do, Redrum... They have 14 very popular UFA's... They're gonna have to make some pretty hard decisions about who stays and who goes... They will use the information that they have to make these decisions... and I think leadership and attitude and dedication to the team are as important at this point as ability.  That's the message I got from that...

2jcew5c.jpg

#5 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

I reckon Chris Canty's another one who can get a nice TV job afterwards. He's always going on that NFL Total Access show and trying to have a good time with the host. I think he speaks pretty well and he knows how to keep his nose clean.

Without having seen the interview, I can't really comment on what Suggs said (what was the show? It might be replaying during the day) but I do think it sounds like he missed the point of the Boldin trade a bit. Everyone looked at the 6th round pick and thought that's what we were after when I think he was going to be a cap casualty anyway.

Rudy was offsides.

#6 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

inqui...  It was Total Access...  last night.  you can probably find it on NFL.COM

2jcew5c.jpg

#7 Florida Ravens Fan

Florida Ravens Fan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

It wasn't so much that Q was traded for a 6th, but to the team he was traded to. It's like hey we beat you and I feel bad so here's a gift. That's what bothers me the most. So any think we could of got more from other team?
Posted Image

#8 Jalxsu

Jalxsu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Totally agree on Canty. He gives a better than interview than anyone on the current roster.

He seems a confident, articulate guy with a great knowledge of the game. I expect he'll take up a much bigger leadership role next season, especially if Mr Suggs ends up leaving.

#9 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

It wasn't so much that Q was traded for a 6th, but to the team he was traded to. It's like hey we beat you and I feel bad so here's a gift. That's what bothers me the most. So any think we could of got more from other team?

I think it was about the CAP space... and we don't know, but they may have asked him where he wanted to go....  There was that rumor.

2jcew5c.jpg

#10 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Totally agree on Canty. He gives a better than interview than anyone on the current roster.

He seems a confident, articulate guy with a great knowledge of the game. I expect he'll take up a much bigger leadership role next season, especially if Mr Suggs ends up leaving.

I was going to say that too... Inqui got that one right.

2jcew5c.jpg

#11 Jalxsu

Jalxsu

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Before we traded him, there was a lot of talk about him getting released.

If we didn't trade him, I still don't think he'd have been on our roster. I'm not exactly sure what the cap situation was, but if we released him I'm sure we'd have had to eat some dead money.

At the time, I thought it was the correct decision. Remember that we released him BEFORE Pitta got hurt. Pitta was due to take over as our primary third down/red zone target, and I was really excited to hopefully see him break out as one of the best receiving tight ends in the league.

I don't think losing Boldin was our biggest issue. Even if he was here, he wouldn't have had his San Francisco production because they have one of the top O lines in the game, and ours was... not.

#12 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

inqui...  It was Total Access...  last night.  you can probably find it on NFL.COM

Sweet, cheers. I've got Game Pass so worst case I could probably dig up the original broadcast. I'm trying to dodge NFL-related media until at least after Monday because I'm pretty sure I can write all the big headlines myself at this point. We'll see how it goes.

Rudy was offsides.

#13 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

If we didn't trade him, I still don't think he'd have been on our roster. I'm not exactly sure what the cap situation was, but if we released him I'm sure we'd have had to eat some dead money.

At the time, I thought it was the correct decision. Remember that we released him BEFORE Pitta got hurt. Pitta was due to take over as our primary third down/red zone target, and I was really excited to hopefully see him break out as one of the best receiving tight ends in the league.

I don't think losing Boldin was our biggest issue. Even if he was here, he wouldn't have had his San Francisco production because they have one of the top O lines in the game, and ours was... not.

Exactly. They have a top o-line, a better running game and they actually know how to use him. I just don't think he was worth what we were paying him (as much as I hate to say that).

Rudy was offsides.

#14 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

agreed.

2jcew5c.jpg

#15 ninpiggy

ninpiggy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

This. And more specifically, it felt like a way to keep the peace between the Harbaugh brothers. Winner gets trophy, brother who's the loser gets one of the good players.

It might be a stretch but it sure does seem ironic that Boldin went to the 49ers.

Edited by ninpiggy, 16 January 2014 - 08:15 PM.

"No one who, like me, conjures up the most evil of those half-tamed demons that inhabit the human beast, and seeks to wrestle with them, can expect to come through the struggle unscathed." -Sigmund Freud

#16 Florida Ravens Fan

Florida Ravens Fan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Idk but I never heard them trying to shop him around. All I heard was that he was going to be a CAP problem. I understand we wasn't going to keep him. I think they would of got better offers.
Posted Image

#17 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

Sweet, cheers. I've got Game Pass so worst case I could probably dig up the original broadcast. I'm trying to dodge NFL-related media until at least after Monday because I'm pretty sure I can write all the big headlines myself at this point. We'll see how it goes.

Part of suggs commentary is posted under videos on this site its not the entire  broadcast but you get some of it . I agree about Canty he is very candid, believable and well spoken he will definitely make the leap seamlessly once his playing days are gone.

Edited by redravenfan, 16 January 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#18 Ravens804

Ravens804

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Its gotta suck for suggs to talk about the patriot way with heath evans and willie

Baltimore_Ravens.jpg

Ravens804

#19 Inqui

Inqui

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

Its gotta suck for suggs to talk about the patriot way with heath evans and willie

Or worse yet, if he co-hosted First Take. :mellow:

Rudy was offsides.

#20 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,543 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:31 PM

Now....why should Suggs do that when management made it clear that they'd have no problem letting him walk out the door? 

#Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users