Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhstandard

[News] Coaching Search Rumor Mill

2,161 posts in this topic

Let's do it.  The Caldwell experiment was fun (not) but he clearly isn't making the strides needed to be our OC.  This isn't a team building from the ground up with a new quarterback and whatnot.  These guys have experience and need someone with a good track record to come in and fill the role at OC.

I vote for Kubiak.  Reminds me a bit of Norv Turner.  Great coordinator, crappy head coach.  Guy has a great track record and I'd love to see him as our new OC.

Demote Caldwell back to Quarterback Coach. 

Kubiak's two trademarks have been the ZBS and a lack of in game changes to the gameplan. I second the Hue Jackson idea like I did last year.

After Dallas just missed the playoffs, might Jason Garrett be available?

Say what you want about Dallas but they're offense has been good enough to come within a game of the playoffs, even with the historically bad defense they've had.

It doesn't matter who the OC is.  The results will be near the same or worse.

Cam understood the limitations and worked within that formula.

It doesn't matter who the OC is. The results will be near the same or worse.

Cam understood the limitations and worked within that formula.

Yes it does. We are still running Cam's offense.

We need a new system entirely.

Kubiak is too stuborn; we already have more than enough of that. Chudzinski is worth looking at, though.

I thought Chud will be interesting  as well but he likes the vertical offense and im not sure if that's whats best for our offense as  a whole. The ravens basicly already run a vertical offense  or should I say  the Air Corydell

Kubiak is too stuborn; we already have more than enough of that. Chudzinski is worth looking at, though.

I second the Chudzinski idea. He put together an offense with Brian Hoyer, Jason Campbell and to a lesser extent Brandon Weeden. I'd love to see what he could do with Joe.

In 2003, his offense was 3rd in rushing, 22nd in passing, and 7th overall. They scored the 10th most points in the league.

In 2004, his offense was 4th in rushing, 6th in passing, and 5th overall. They scored the 9th most points in the league.

In 2005, his offense was 2nd in rushing. 18th in passing, and 5th overall. They scored the 7th most points in the league. 

Those are just his three most recent years. He was there as the OC from 1995-2005. In that time, the Broncos won three Superbowls and were very well known for their offense.

Don't judge his ability as an OC based on his ability as a HC. He's more than able. 

I kind of want to stick with Caldwell, but I'd be more than happy with Kubiak.

I thought Chud will be interesting  as well but he likes the vertical offense and im not sure if that's whats best for our offense as  a whole. The ravens basicly already run a vertical offense  or should I say  the Air Corydell

If they want to go with an Air Coryell system then Mike Martz is the best choice for that.

I think they'll keep Caldwell. But I like Chudzinski. He probably wasn't ready to be a head coach yet, so let him slip back to OC.

I'm not sold on the idea that bringing in a new OC is the answer. Yes, the play calling was vanilla and often predictable, but that may have been due to the inexperience and lack of talent at key offensive positions.

If we do can Caldwell I think the likely candidates are Jackson and Kubiak.

If they want to go with an Air Coryell system then Mike Martz is the best choice for that.

Mike Martz will get Flacco killed  and he doesn't used tight ends in his offense as much as the ravens like to .

Mike Martz will get Flacco killed  and he doesn't used tight ends in his offense as much as the ravens like to .

You brought up a good point. I remember J.T. OSullivan in San Fran was nick named J.T. OSmelling Salts.

Surprised you guys want Chudzinski after DeAngelo Williams basically paid his way to get Chuds butt out of Carolina because he refused to the run the ball.

Not Kubiak.

Marty Mornhinweg perhaps? I dont know if he will be available.

Ken Whisenhunt would be interesting too, but I'm not sure about his contract either.

I wouldn't be opposed to Chud or Norv either.

If the new OC can stop Joe from holding on to the ball so long and throwing 3 yd passes to the flat when we need 10 for the first down..then im all for it.

However...2 OCs so far havent gotten Joe to stop that stuff. So I dont think a third will.

If the new OC can stop Joe from holding on to the ball so long and throwing 3 yd passes to the flat when we need 10 for the first down..then im all for it.

However...2 OCs so far havent gotten Joe to stop that stuff. So I dont think a third will.

Clearly this Joe's fault and not the WRs who can't get open.

Clearly this Joe's fault and not the WRs who can't get open.

2008..thats how long ive been hearing that. After a while..u gotta find the common denominator in the factor.

2008..thats how long ive been hearing that. After a while..u gotta find the common denominator in the factor.

We haven't changed our offensive system since Joe's been here so...

These are all the complaints people had about Cutler in Chicago...then in comes Trestman and what do yoy know, their offense because WAY more efficient and creative. Alshon Jeffrey, who did little his rookie season, suddenly becomes a superstar.

It's not a coincidence.

I'll give you two common denominators. Cam Cameron's offense which requires WRs being able to win their matchups to get open, and WRs unable to do this. Its not that complicated. Blaming Flacco for poor play design and poor WR play is lazy. All you have to so is turn on the All22 and see for yourself.

These are all the complaints people had about Cutler in Chicago...then in comes Trestman and what do yoy know, their offense because WAY more efficient and creative. Alshon Jeffrey, who did little his rookie season, suddenly becomes a superstar.

It's not a coincidence.

lol!  The bears are going to play golf just like the Ravens.  And who on the Ravens would you equate to Alshon? 

We need an O line and better route running along with a healthy TE, not a QB.

lol! The bears are going to play golf just like the Ravens. And who on the Ravens would you equate to Alshon?

We need an O line and better route running along with a healthy TE, not a QB.

The Bears are playing golf because they can't stop running water on defense. Their offense is just fine.

All of these things were complaints in Chicago, and look at their offense now. Granted, we don't have Marshall/Jeffrey but that's what the draft is for (hello Mike Evans/Marquise Lee).

should have gotten norv turner last season.

kubiak runs the zone blocking scheme and im not sure our o-line fits that.

we should get an OC that runs power plays.

it will serve the players we have the most IMO.

I don't want any established HC or OC that has been in the league, personally. I want to see us get a College OC who can bring us into the new age of offenses, a guy who knows the young players coming into this league now, and moving forward. I have limited knowledge of College coaches, but a guy like Pep Hamilton has a very nicely creative offense in Indy. 

It's not a coincidence.

so who would be your choice of OC , I am a fan of norv turner so what do you think of him

The Bears are playing golf because they can't stop running water on defense. Their offense is just fine.

All of these things were complaints in Chicago, and look at their offense now. Granted, we don't have Marshall/Jeffrey but that's what the draft is for (hello Mike Evans/Marquise Lee).

Matt Forte?