Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bMore Heathen

Jim Caldwell takes Detriot Lions head coaching job

195 posts in this topic

Keep Norv on speed dial IMO

Norv is still under contract with the Browns. We can't get him unless the Browns give us permission.

Norv is still under contract with the Browns. We can't get him unless the Browns give us permission.

That's why I'm saying keep him on speed dial, it's not guaranteed but it's rumored that he's part of the clean up since he was hired by Chudzinski.  We'll see....

Please dear God let us hire someone outside of the organization who doesn't even have the slightest clue what the Air Coryell system is

I'd be on board with Chudzinski. He didn't get a fair shake in Cleveland despite doing pretty well with very little talent.

Watch Caldwell win like three SBs in Detroit.  

But I think this is good for the team.  Hopefully they do something with this opportunity to install some fresh air into our offense.  

Yeah baby. He did a great job in our postseason run and I'll forever be grateful for that. I wish him the best.

Before the start of this season I thought he would get a HC gig. Midway through I thought we'd be stuck with him. I'm surprised but also relieved. Although it wasn't all his fault for our struggles he was still a part of them. I want a new play book, system, language -- everything! lol

Hopefully we hire a new young guy. I would not be pleased if we promoted someone from within. I'd also like a QB coach again.

Watch Caldwell win like three SBs in Detroit.

But I think this is good for the team. Hopefully they do something with this opportunity to install some fresh air into our offense.

And that wouldn't be a problem. I think he's a good coach, but a bad play caller. I think Detroit will be pretty happy with him so long as he lets his OC do the play calling.

I'm down with Rob Chudzinski and Gary Kubiak, but I think I might prefer Kubiak. He has a great resume as an OC, and he's really good at masking the deficiencies of his offense. Chud doesn't have as impressive a resume, but he is also good at building his scheme around his players. 

Let's see who will be the scape goat OC this year if Flacco and the Offense struggle due to the line and poor decision making

I bet he takes Moeller and Austin with him.

This is going to be a huge offseason for Harbs to see what he does with adding staff.

Let's see who will be the scape goat OC this year if Flacco and the Offense struggle due to the line and poor decision making

If it's Hostler scapegoat probably wouldn't be the right word.

Who I don't want: Turner or Kubiak.

Kyle Shanahan is interesting.

Hahahahahahaha. Shannahan? Let me screen shot that for my Redskins friends.

I like Turner, he could definitely help our passing game. Did big things with Gordon and Cameron with no talent at QB

Looks like McAdoo is interviewing for Miami's OC spot; I wouldn't be opposed to the Ravens seeing if they could get an interview in before he's snatched up. I'd have a few reservations about switching to a Walsh West Coast systems, but the way I see it, there are probably only 5 offensive systems around:

Gilman/Coryell - this is what we've been running. If you want to stick with the same general scheme then probably Turner or Chud are your guys.

Walsh West Coast - McAdoo is the hot name; otherwise maybe look to Reid's staff in KC, their offense was pretty good this year.

Ehrhart-Perkins - This is my preference if we were to switch schemes, but I'm not aware of who we might get to install it. Probably look to New England, or maybe Denver with some of McDaniel's hold-overs. Other than that, not sure Charlie Weiss would leave Kansas to be the OC lol.

Run N Shoot - Wait, what?

Read Option - Not gonna happen.

No to Shanahan, I would vomit.

Glad Caldwell got an HC job, he said he wanted to get back into it and he has. I think he was somewhat overmatched as an OC and was still getting the hang of it. I don't see anyone on staff worth promoting, hope we look outside.

I like Turner, he could definitely help our passing game. Did big things with Gordon and Cameron with no talent at QB

Eh. I like how he did in DC from an outsiders perspective. I think he could help get the run game going again and add some creativity.

Turner always been good  with tightends and he loves big receivers that can go deep which something we don't have .  I'm pretty tired of the air corydell  and  I really dont think Turner will help take our passing game to the next level because our offensive players really dont fit the air corydell in my opinion. don't get me wrong they can still make plays in the system but I think they have out grown it and may be time for a major change.

Cause division rivals love letting the better team take their OC's after knowing the original teams weaknesses.  Don't see it happening.  Here's hoping that John gets a recommendation from Jim.  One thing Jim does know is offense and his team is very creative on that side of the ball.  I would much rather we go in a totally new direction on offense.  It's not that difficult.  Might struggle early, but if we get someone who can actually make adjustments, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

The big question is will Harbaugh hire someone that could potentially threaten his position as HC

or will he put one of his toadies in the OC postion even if it's from  outside the current coaching staff?

Just don't promote from within. After the fall that our offense took this season, we just need a fresh start with a new offensive mind in the fold. Jim Hostler would make no sense especially since his last stint as OC was a complete and total disaster. 

I'd be all for Ben McAdoo, Rob Chudzinski, and especially Norv Turner if he gets out of his contract with Cleveland.