Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yatagarasu

Marshal Yanda as center?

33 posts in this topic

This thread is open and discuss ideas for the offseason.

I know he has some experience as a back-up center since he's been here for 7 years. However, this position only works if Ozzie decides to not address the center position. Also, Gino Gradkowski has an offseason to redeem himself because I feel that we can't afford another poor year from the O-line or the offense.

I feel that if we go through this route, then we can get studs like Cyril RIchardson, who is a plug and play lineman. Juan Castillo can't screw up when he has talents like Marshal Yanda, Kelechi Osmele, and other possible players like Eugene Monroe and Cyril Richardson.  

I feel that once the O-line gets fixed, then the offense will be back to its Super-Bowl type performance.

No.  Harbaugh already stated that Marshal is the only guaranteed starter at RG.

I really really really really really doubt that we would do this.

Same. This thread literally had me going "what?"

I think Yanda should be the new Offensive Line Coach.

Then we can plug Castillo in at Center and watch him get his back side kicked all season to make up for what he did this year.

yeah - that's the ticket

Yanda is the trademark of the RG....

I just hope KO would be back and play like 2012, and if so all we need is a new center or someone competing with Gino and a RT (Oher or Wagner)

Monroe      KO      Center     Yanda    RT

No thanks.

Yanda is one of the best OGs in the league. It would be unwise to move him, especially when we have 3 centers on the roster already, and are likely to look for another in the draft/free agency.

Yanda may make a great center, but all that would mean is we'd have to replace one of the best guards in the league with someone who would likely be no where near as talented. Yanda is a guard, and a great one. He'd have to learn a new position late in his career, and it's unlikely he'd be anywhere near as productive.

Rather have Haloti Ngata at Center haha :Dancing_Banana_Homer_by_zorkky:

Yanda could be a wide receiver, no jamming him at the line.

He'd be the best blocking WR out there but that's not enough to get you to the ProBowl. Lol.

We should bring back Boldin to play center. That would make everyone happy right?

That's a good idea. Boldin at center and start Tyrod Taylor. That's the formula for a top flight offense.

I still don't get why there's so much hate on Gino after one season of starting, particularly after he showed solid improvement as the year went on.  Gino is FAR from the biggest problem we had on the offensive line last year.

I still don't get why there's so much hate on Gino after one season of starting, particularly after he showed solid improvement as the year went on.  Gino is FAR from the biggest problem we had on the offensive line last year.

I agree, but he wasn't very good either. I did see improvement out of him and a lot of his issues stemmed from inexperience imo.

I agree, but he wasn't very good either. I did see improvement out of him and a lot of his issues stemmed from inexperience imo.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't have a problem bringing in some form of competition, but to me the two biggest issues came from the tackle spots - one of which we have hopefully solved by trading for Monroe, who I expect will be a priority signing in the offseason.  I'm just not down with the crowd that thinks we need to draft a center in the second or third round of the draft or paying through the nose for Alex Mack.

That's a good idea. Boldin at center and start Tyrod Taylor. That's the formula for a top flight offense.

Quick ! Get Ozzie on the phone!

What or who do you think was the biggest problem on our O-line last year?

I don't think my boy is moving from where he is.  Hopefully we can draft or pick up some players to put around him and Eugene to give Flacco the time he needs to light up the defenses we face next year.

Wait, did someone actually think moving possibly the best and most consistent guard in the game to center would be a good idea?

You don't take one of your best and most valuable players from their best position just to slightly upgrade a weakness. And that's IF it would even be an upgrade at center which there's no way of knowing.

Smh.

Wait, did someone actually think moving possibly the best and most consistent guard in the game to center would be a good idea?

You don't take one of your best and most valuable players from their best position just to slightly upgrade a weakness. And that's IF it would even be an upgrade at center which there's no way of knowing.

Smh.

Personally I think we should just make Yanda our free safety, since Elam is obviously not up to the job.

:TVWatchingSmiley:

Personally I think we should just make Yanda our free safety, since Elam is obviously not up to the job.

:TVWatchingSmiley:

Hey... Considering the kid was a rookie and thrown in there Game 2 of the season after Huff's inadequate play, I think he improved drastically as the season progressed....

P.S.  I like Yanda right where he is.  That is my opinion on this.... 

WOW...  I just went back and read this entire thread.....  this is just plain silliness.....

Hey... Considering the kid was a rookie and thrown in there Game 2 of the season after Huff's inadequate play, I think he improved drastically as the season progressed....

P.S.  I like Yanda right where he is.  That is my opinion on this.... 

Momma - you know I'm kidding.  Elam got so much hate this year, people forget that he's a rookie playing in a position that he probably should be playing.  Definitely rubs me the wrong way (as you are aware from our last PM discussion :))

Ginger Power...That is all. :batteur-musicien:

Oh my - to be honest, I didn't even realize Yanda was a ginger.  I always thought he was blonde!

Guess I'll have to stop insulting Andy Dalton's lack of a soul, given my username and all :D

Momma - you know I'm kidding.  Elam got so much hate this year, people forget that he's a rookie playing in a position that he probably should be playing.  Definitely rubs me the wrong way (as you are aware from our last PM discussion :))

I know...  I read the rest of the thread after posting and saw that the entire thing was satirical... Yes... I understand completely.

What or who do you think was the biggest problem on our O-line last year?

Right Tackle, period end of story, for me anyway.  I've been waiting for Oher to rebound and show us the form he had in his rookie year, but he never has.  And he was appallingly bad last year.  If I'm looking at linemen early in the draft, it's to fix the RT spot before I'd consider center.