5 replies to this topic

#1 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,770 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Well!  Well!  Well!  Look what I found just sitting here chilling out on my laptop while watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on television.  7 Linebackers that made a mark on history.  Guess who's #2 on the list boys/gals?

http://wallstcheatsh...ry.html/?ref=YF

#Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#2 GTRavens

GTRavens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

I hate lists like these, just because LT and Ray Lewis played completely different positions. In no way should they be grouped together.

I'm glad people are starting to put Lewis ahead of Butkus, though. It's a no-brainer.

#3 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

I hate lists like these, just because LT and Ray Lewis played completely different positions. In no way should they be grouped together.

I'm glad people are starting to put Lewis ahead of Butkus, though. It's a no-brainer.

I don't think that the article was written in a who's better spirit. Just a list of the who's who of all time linebackers.

But to squash any debate.... Ray in his prime was the most dominant ddefensive player BY FAR that I've seen.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#4 BmoreBird22

BmoreBird22

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

I don't think that the article was written in a who's better spirit. Just a list of the who's who of all time linebackers.

But to squash any debate.... Ray in his prime was the most dominant ddefensive player BY FAR that I've seen.

Lawrence Taylor is still the best linebacker to ever play the game if we're talking about linebackers as a whole. Just an absolute animal. I was reading something that Taylor wanted more money than any other rookie, but the Giants wouldn't do it. Then, at practice, he gets like 10 straight sacks, the Giants pulled him for fear of injuring the quarterback and just said pay the man.

He redefined the left tackle and is easily the greatest defender ever.

I also think Dion Sanders is another one that may rank ahead of Lewis. Yeah, he was suseptible to inside routes at times, but he could run with anyone and take away half the field. He was also a play maker and a threat to take it to the house any time he touched the ball, even more than Ed Reed. That's why I think he ranks ahead of Lewis: just a game changer when he got his hands on the ball.

Edited by BmoreBird22, 13 January 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#5 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,770 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

Lawrence Taylor is still the best linebacker to ever play the game if we're talking about linebackers as a whole. Just an absolute animal. I was reading something that Taylor wanted more money than any other rookie, but the Giants wouldn't do it. Then, at practice, he gets like 10 straight sacks, the Giants pulled him for fear of injuring the quarterback and just said pay the man.

He redefined the left tackle and is easily the greatest defender ever.

I also think Dion Sanders is another one that may rank ahead of Lewis. Yeah, he was suseptible to inside routes at times, but he could run with anyone and take away half the field. He was also a play maker and a threat to take it to the house any time he touched the ball, even more than Ed Reed. That's why I think he ranks ahead of Lewis: just a game changer when he got his hands on the ball.

LT was a beast!

@Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#6 jdynamite

jdynamite

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,612 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Well I'm kind of surprise that Derrick brooks made that 7 spot over Derrick Thomas and Junior Seau.

They are all great LBs but Derrick Thomas was a terror off the edge, gone to soon rip.

Seau played inside and outside LB throughout his career and played both at All Pro levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users