Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoeyFlex5

Original Ravens logo (winged shield) was cleared for use again

38 posts in this topic

I read this in the quick hits of some LFW article recently, would anyone else like to see us take advantage and have a throwback game once a year? Those uniforms were hideous but I would still love to see us playing in them once a year, gives us a sense of history and longevity, and all the other teams wear throwbacks from time to time, I want a tradition like that. And plus I loved the boldness of those uni's regardless of how ugly they were

I'm sorry, you WANT this back?

82lw81.jpg

I would LOVE to have that back for just 1 game. It's better than the packers navy blues and the steelers bumble bees, I just think the boldness of these uni's, with the huge obnoxious numbers and that logo(which I personally have always liked) would just make watching a little more fun for 1 game. Would I want that uni on a regular basis? Helllllll to the no, but for a throwback game once a year, against Cleveland or something, yea I'd like to see that

I wonder if they will make a mass produced Ray Lewis jersey in the old school form. I try to collect as many jerseys as I can I would definetly buy that.

I read this in the quick hits of some LFW article recently, would anyone else like to see us take advantage and have a throwback game once a year? Those uniforms were hideous but I would still love to see us playing in them once a year, gives us a sense of history and longevity, and all the other teams wear throwbacks from time to time, I want a tradition like that. And plus I loved the boldness of those uni's regardless of how ugly they were

link?

While were at it let's bring back the oversized shoulder pads and neck rolls of the late 90's / early 2000's

I would definitely liked to see it used for throwbacks especially if we play the Bucs and they bring back that orange uni with the big pirate head. Whynot? It's only fun.

While were at it let's bring back the oversized shoulder pads and neck rolls of the late 90's / early 2000's

I miss both of those, like, a lot lol. Just look at ray wearing those oversized pads in the first Super Bowl, he looks ridiculously massive. Plus, mike alstott neck roll >>>>>

I would definitely liked to see it used for throwbacks especially if we play the Bucs and they bring back that orange uni with the big pirate head. Whynot? It's only fun.

That could definitely be a fun game next season. Make it happen Ozzie!

Really interesting to see the variety of opinions here about those unis, especially since they were a bit before my time. I thought all the negs on the OP were a bit harsh, mind.

As for my take on the kit, I put them in the same ballpark as those awful bumblebee/cartoon prison jerseys. Celebrating your history is alright I guess, but I feel like celebrating those jerseys would be like celebrating Trent Dilfer. I think it's best kept a fond memory of a time long-past. I could live with one "throwback" game a season (say, if we're playing the Titans or Giants) but I wouldn't spend money on one of those jerseys.

If you want the throwbacks, the black jerseys have to go. The NFL only allows one alternate jersey for whatever reason. Choose wisely.

If you want the throwbacks, the black jerseys have to go. The NFL only allows one alternate jersey for whatever reason. Choose wisely.

In that case the choice should be a complete no-brainer. The black jerseys are so much more iconic.

I would LOVE to have that back for just 1 game. It's better than the packers navy blues and the steelers bumble bees, I just think the boldness of these uni's, with the huge obnoxious numbers and that logo(which I personally have always liked) would just make watching a little more fun for 1 game. Would I want that uni on a regular basis? Helllllll to the no, but for a throwback game once a year, against Cleveland or something, yea I'd like to see that

Saying they are better than the bumblebee Steelers is not really helping your argument. If they came out in pink bikinis it would be better than those things.

I'd like a redesign at some point especially with a new guard and new era, the Seahawk jersey is a great example of a modern update.

I say just use the logo as a shoulder patch on the current uniform. ..OR bring back the 1996 helmet sans purple stripe and wear it with the all black uniform

Saying they are better than the bumblebee Steelers is not really helping your argument. If they came out in pink bikinis it would be better than those things.

In today's NFL, it's only a matter of time. ..

I'd like a redesign at some point especially with a new guard and new era, the Seahawk jersey is a great example of a modern update.

vikings new uni's >>> seahawks. simplicity is beauty in nfl uniforms and so many teams ruined great uni's with extra striping and what not. SF's uni's with the 3d backdrop on the numbers, atlanta got rid of their incredible 90's uni's, vikings did the same, the jets did it in the 90's, and i think the ravens could use some modernizing and simplify our uni's a bit. 

but i would love to see these for one game a year and if they mass produced them, id buy one of these over our regular jerseys