43 replies to this topic

#1 Capitalize

Capitalize

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:23 PM

I say we should do everything in our power the get Free Saftey Jairus Byrd.

First of all, I do not want to wait to develop a free safety. The main reason why is becuase we should not be rebuilding we should be Reloading. We need to win now and should be trying to win more superbowls.

There is no shame in trying to Buy a Superbowl. We did it with the 2000 defense so why not do it again?

Second, Byrd will complete an already Solid Secondary. Smith, Webb, Elam, and Byrd. We will be right there with the Seahawks as the 1-2 best Secondary in the NFL.

Couple that with a healthy pass rush from Doom and Sizzle you you got a special defense.

Thrid, if we have an opportunity to assemble another great defense even close to the one of 2000. You gotta do it!

Let's face it Joe Flacco is not the guy to carry a team on his shoulders and he will never be an MVP (in the Regualr season that is).

#2 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

We can dream, but its not gonna happen. Not enough cap room,  and if it would happen, it would create too many holes at other positions (since we probably won't be able to resign Monroe/Pitta/Smith, etc then)

Edited by bauer77, 11 January 2014 - 08:26 PM.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#3 TonyTone1192

TonyTone1192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

that would be a great move to our defense but his buying price would be entirely more than we're willing to spend on one person.

bleed P U R P L E!

#4 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,733 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Chill with so many new threads, man.  I know you're new, but keep it to a minimum.

To answer the thread, it's not going to happen.  He's going to cost too much and we have too many of our own guys that are due for contracts.

#5 Capitalize

Capitalize

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Would we pay Byrd if the bogus salary cap did not exist?

#6 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Im tired of the mentally that we can't afford to draft a playmaker and let him starter because we in a win right now mode . Tell me what team isn't in a win right now mode?  Believe it or not the Ravens wont be able to afford Jairus Byrd at all unless he seriously decides to accepts to be paid less money .

#7 TXRavensFan

TXRavensFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Not to mention that ownership wants to keep this team competive every year. Buying a Super Bowl by adding a bunch of high price free agents means they'll have to blow up the team in a year or two and totally rebuild.

Remember 2002-2008?

Posted Image

#8 Mt. Crushmore

Mt. Crushmore

Crush Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,490 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

There is this little thing called the salary cap that stops this from happening.

Mt. Crushmore always makes about a million posts in a minute.

I'd like to introduce myself. Mt. Crushmore, Correction Officer.

Twitter

#9 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

I agree in part, even when we were beating up QB's up front the backend wasn't holding up because neither Huff or Elam can play deep coverage. With that said we are in cap hell and Byrd is a pipe dream.

#10 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

Yeah man,our offense struggled last year and ranked bottom 5 in every category so lets just say screw them and go spend all our cap money on the most expensive db on the market.DEFENSE!!!Flacco can't carry us,man.Lets not even bother putting talent around him....     

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS, 11 January 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#11 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,313 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Would we pay Byrd if the bogus salary cap did not exist?

Ummm
wow.
Is that question for real?
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#12 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

Yeah man,our offense struggled last year and ranked bottom 5 in every category so lets just say screw them and go spend all our cap money on the most expensive db on the market.DEFENSE!!!Flacco can't carry us,man.Lets not even bother putting talent around him....     

I guess that's it for this topic. There's literally nothing you can add to that post. +1

bJNF689.jpg

#13 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

No thx. Byrd is a diva.

#14 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

he wants to be the highest paid safety......

dq0w81.gif

#15 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

I say we should do everything in our power the get Free Saftey Jairus Byrd.

First of all, I do not want to wait to develop a free safety. The main reason why is becuase we should not be rebuilding we should be Reloading. We need to win now and should be trying to win more superbowls.

There is no shame in trying to Buy a Superbowl. We did it with the 2000 defense so why not do it again?

Second, Byrd will complete an already Solid Secondary. Smith, Webb, Elam, and Byrd. We will be right there with the Seahawks as the 1-2 best Secondary in the NFL.

Couple that with a healthy pass rush from Doom and Sizzle you you got a special defense.

Thrid, if we have an opportunity to assemble another great defense even close to the one of 2000. You gotta do it!

Let's face it Joe Flacco is not the guy to carry a team on his shoulders and he will never be an MVP (in the Regualr season that is).

we dont go after high priced players in FA, we will draft somebody .

#16 ThePurpleWall

ThePurpleWall

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

in Ozzie we trust

Ray Lewis"in any war who pulls their General out?,Nobody,when ever i put on that Jersey,ever man in this building believes in one thing,whatever our General says we Follow bottom Line"

Ray Lewis is the Leader of this Franchise.

#17 Bullrush

Bullrush

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

We're not bringing in any new safeties. Ihedigbo will be re-signed and Elam will be next to him. Harbaugh made it clear in the press conference that they'll both be back next season. The safety play was ok, not great or bad. No need to spend all our dough to upgrade the safety position, it's not that important. Guys like Art Jones and other FA's are a priority.

Shield on my arm
Sword in my right
Cape on my back
This is where we fight
Baltimore! We built for this!
- Terrell Suggs

#18 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,235 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

Personally I think we should trade for Revis and move him to safety.

/sarcasm

#19 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

I doubt the Ravens get him in free agency this year. The safety position in the draft is really weak this year, so that naturally would increase his worth.With the ravens to many other needs to get locked up by one guy.  He would probably got a much better contract with teams with more cap room.

#20 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:59 AM

We're not bringing in any new safeties. Ihedigbo will be re-signed and Elam will be next to him. Harbaugh made it clear in the press conference that they'll both be back next season. The safety play was ok, not great or bad. No need to spend all our dough to upgrade the safety position, it's not that important. Guys like Art Jones and other FA's are a priority.

Hogwash. They made it clear that FS was a priority. We lacked playmakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users