Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redlobster

Ravens Season-Review Press Conference

334 posts in this topic

Heavy emphasis on free safety, and not as much emphasis an offensive weapons as I would have liked.

Suggs sounds like he's gone.

We need offense, not defense. Why in the world would you pay a guy to be a franchise QB if you don't provide him with even a makeshift OL? That would be about like paying for a Porsche and telling them to keep the engine out. Makes no sense.

We need offense, not defense.

They talked quite a bit about building size in the trenches as well.

They talked quite a bit about building size in the trenches as well.

What do you suppose we do with the receivers who cannot get open? Continue to say "well, maybe next year"?

What do you suppose we do with the receivers who cannot get open? Continue to say "well, maybe next year"?

Mentioned they wanted a WR or TE that can make long third downs and get YAC.  That, OL, and FS were the 3 needs Ozzie identified.

Mentioned they wanted a WR or TE that can make long third downs and get YAC.  That, OL, and FS were the 3 needs Ozzie identified.

Jace Amaro.

Sami, what do you think about Amaro as an NFL prospect?

Suggs is as good as gone or will be reduced :-). Ozzie's comments just now hint at that pretty strongly to me.

He also said in the beginning that he is in favor of extensions over restructuring. So if anything Suggs will get offered an extension, and if he doesn't take it then he will be cut.

I liked how he wants to get bigger on the offensive line. 

Jace Amaro.

My first thought was Davante Adams or maybe Jarvis Landry. I think they'll see who's there in round two. I do like Amaro and they could have hinted at him or Ebron.

My first thought was Davante Adams or maybe Jarvis Landry. I think they'll see who's there in round two. I do like Amaro and they could have hinted at him or Ebron.

Think there's any possibility of them going for Antonio Richardson with the first pick?

I'm guessing that means James is gone, and Elam is moving to SS. That would def be the best way to improve at Safety.

Think there's any possibility of them going for Antonio Richardson with the first pick?

Sounds like they want interior lineman more.

Does anyone think the talk of getting bigger on the interior o-line could mean some bigger changes overall?

Tbh I reckon they're going BPA in round one. If they really like Amaro/Ebron they'll snap them up, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised by a defender either.

They've basically promised a "certain type of WR", which is encouraging at least.

Bleh, they just praised Jim Hostler in a big way.

Ozzie just practically guaranteed that we WILL have a guy on our team that will convert third and seven and get YACs. He seems to get it

Does anyone think the talk of getting bigger on the interior o-line could mean some bigger changes overall?

Tbh I reckon they're going BPA in round one. If they really like Amaro/Ebron they'll snap them up, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised by a defender either.

They've basically promised a "certain type of WR", which is encouraging at least.

Bleh, they just praised Jim Hostler in a big way.

This is one thing the Ravens do not do well at all. We have never hired a good offensive coach, ever. To be honest, I don't even think Ozzie knows what he's doing when it comes to offense. I know I'll get negged for that, but until I actually see better offensive coaching/production, then I'll stick to it.

Ozzie just practically guaranteed that we WILL have a guy on our team that will convert third and seven and get YACs. He seems to get it

Yeah, draft or FA for sure. Who's available in FA though? Seems like it's mainly Q, otherwise it's guys like Jacoby or Eric Decker or Jeremy Maclin afaik.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 8, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Yeah, draft or FA for sure. Who's available in FA though? Seems like it's mainly Q, otherwise it's guys like Jacoby or Eric Decker or Jeremy Maclin afaik.

Decker is my wet dream. 

This is one thing the Ravens do not do well at all. We have never hired a good offensive coach, ever. To be honest, I don't even think Ozzie knows what he's doing when it comes to offense. I know I'll get negged for that, but until I actually see better offensive coaching/production, then I'll stick to it.

I may have been harsh on Ozzie, it's not like he'll throw a coach under the bus like that. I do think he's learning the ropes of a good offence. Seems he's been looking at really old college tape and working out the traits of receivers that succeed in the pros and seeing who's available this year that shows them.

What did you mean by bigger changes when you said that we'd draft interior OL??

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, January 8, 2014 - No reason given · Report post

Decker is my wet dream. 

With that massive stack of money we don't have. :p

Also forgot to post for those that aren't watching, they really want to use Juszczyk.  They talked about him being the key to the unpredictability of the offense.

What did you mean by bigger changes when you said that we'd draft interior OL??

I was trying to type quickly. I mean possibly trimming the fat on coaching staff. To my knowledge the pure zbs we tried this year was an athleticism and finesse thing. Getting bigger suggested a bit of a change to me is all, but maybe I'm reading something into it that's not there.

Also forgot to post for those that aren't watching, they really want to use Juszczyk.  They talked about him being the key to the unpredictability of the offense.

Missed that bit. Must have been when my stream died and I had to refresh. I like that though. He'll get better and he can do a fair bit.