23 replies to this topic

#1 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

Harbaugh said in his press conference that we would add a cb to replace Graham if we're not able to resign him.He also didn't sound too convinced that we would be able to resign him.I think the perfect player to replace him with would be Asante Samuel.According to the falcons fanbase and a few media outlets,there's a slim chance he'll return to the falcons after rookie Trufant did so well replacing him while he was out with injuries last year.If he becomes a cut ufa(the type of ufa's Ozzie loves),we could bring him here without losing a compensatory pick in 2015.He's just the type of player we need in our secondary.We tied with the redskins at 15th in total int's last year and would've finished in the 20's if Dalton wasn't so wildly inaccurate in the season finale.WE NEED MORE TURNOVERS which just so happens to be Samuel's claim to fame.Another positive is that he'll probably be cheap.I doubt anybody will be willing to pay him what a guy like Graham will most likely get at the age of 33.Plus,he'd probably be ok with taking a little less to finish his career with a winner.The Asante Samuel scenario is full of pro's.Two other guys I think would fit nicely here money and play wise would be Tracey Porter and DeAngelo Hall.They both still play at a pretty good level and are past their big contract days.What do you guys think?

Edited by HomeoftheBRAVENS, 05 January 2014 - 06:16 AM.

#2 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

Tracy porter

#3 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

OR vontae :)

#4 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

those guys would probaly ask alot more then graham.....

we also have asa jackson who showed promise and there is always the draft.

chykie brown is probaly an internal option as well.

dq0w81.gif

#5 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,431 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

I did not get the impression that they thought they wouldn't be able to keep Graham at all.  He sounds like a guy that they've prioritized and would only let walk if he gets too expensive, which shouldn't happen in this CB market.  Davis, Grimes, Talib, Jenkins, Porter, and the list goes on.  I doubt there's going to be much demand for his services with all of those other CBs on the market.

#6 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

those guys would probaly ask alot more then graham.....

we also have asa jackson who showed promise and there is always the draft.

chykie brown is probaly an internal option as well.

I could see Samuel asking for more based off his career achievements,but Porter signed a 1 year $1.3 million deal last year and Hall signed a 1 year $1.25 million deal.Those guys can be had for cheap. And what promise has Asa shown?I don't remember seeing him play defensive snaps.

#7 TDubbs

TDubbs

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

Sounds like we're going to keep Graham. He's so important to our DB core, I love the way he plays. He brings that veteran savvy and leadership and makes big plays when we need them. I doubt he'd command a big contract, so I see him staying put.

However, as we all know, you can never have too many Corners. Chykie Brown could fill in in and play really well. He's progressed nicely over the years and he definitely could make an impact as a 3rd/4th guy again. 

#8 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

I did not get the impression that they thought they wouldn't be able to keep Graham at all.  He sounds like a guy that they've prioritized and would only let walk if he gets too expensive, which shouldn't happen in this CB market.  Davis, Grimes, Talib, Jenkins, Porter, and the list goes on.  I doubt there's going to be much demand for his services with all of those other CBs on the market.

He seemed somewhat concerned about it.I don't remember what he said verbatim,but I remember him bringing up how we also wanted to keep Kruger and Ellerbe and saying this is a similar situation.Most of the corners you named will be retained by their teams.Corey Graham will be sought after.The market isn't that large.

#9 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,236 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

I actually think Samuel may come cheaper than Graham - Graham is 4 years younger and has made plays despite not being a starter.  Samuel, supposedly a starter, will be 33 next postseason and hasn't started a full 16 games since 2007.  Remember Cary Williams only had 2 seasons as a starter then got paid by the Eagles.  I'd rather keep Graham, but Samuel, whoever he signs with, I suspect will come cheaper than most people expect.

Edited by Ravenslifer, 05 January 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#10 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,668 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

I'd rather just resign Graham. Not just because he'll likely be one of the cheaper options, but also for the sake of continuity in the secondary.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#11 Willbacker

Willbacker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'd rather just resign Graham. Not just because he'll likely be one of the cheaper options, but also for the sake of continuity in the secondary.

And also his SpTeams acumen.

#12 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,883 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

I want to keep Graham on a two year deal, maybe three. If we can't keep him, I'm confident in the progression of Asa Jackson and Chykie Brown. 

#13 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

Jackson.  Asa Jackson.

#14 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,431 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

He seemed somewhat concerned about it.I don't remember what he said verbatim,but I remember him bringing up how we also wanted to keep Kruger and Ellerbe and saying this is a similar situation.Most of the corners you named will be retained by their teams.Corey Graham will be sought after.The market isn't that large.

I know that he said that, but I don't think that was an indicative of them not being able to get anything done.  The CB market is flooded, even if some of these guys remain with their current teams.  CB's aren't as highly sought after anymore, unless we're talking a no doubt superstar.

#15 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Samuel doesn't fit our defense. He is a zone corner, at least that's all he has played the entire time he has been in the NFL. We play mostly man, especially in our base defense. He's not a slot corner either. Plus he's old... No thanks. We'd be better off with Chykie and Asa.

PASS!!!!!

Edited by bMore Heathen, 05 January 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#16 Omerta

Omerta

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

I would like Samuel as a FA FS option ala Chuck Woodson with Asa Jackson stepping up if we lost Corey. Anything over two or three mil let him walk imo.

Edited by Omerta, 05 January 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#17 I-70WestRaven

I-70WestRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Would really like to keep Cory, he has an upside that might price him out of our range though. Asa, well really would have liked to have seen more of him (8 game suspension no help). The salary cap is cruel master, I guess we'll see. As for a veteran F.A. incentive based contract should be an option to the right player, but who?

The Baltimore Ravens! 'Nuff said!!

#18 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,553 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

I think it will be Asa's job to lose, unless we can fit Corey in under the cap.

@gabefergy

#19 Jokerraven

Jokerraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:01 PM

I agree here they are finally playing well back there and I like Graham  . My concern with asa if he has another violation isn't it a year off next time.

#20 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

Graham has been amazing since the guys been here.   His been worth every penny of his 2.5m/year deal.    

Its time he look for his final/big payday.   We won't be able to keep the guy.   Hope him the best wherever he goes..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users