24 replies to this topic

#1 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,414 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

I know we all would have wanted to beat CIncy and make it into the playoffs, but did it actually help us when San Diego and Pittsburgh won? We should have improved our draft position at least two spots correct? Also, I believe falling to third in the AFC North should give us an easier schedule next season. I guess I am looking for some positive out of a negative.

#2 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

The way John is coaching and our offense performing, you may be a very happy man for the next several seasons....
"We are the Champions my friends"!

#3 ravens533

ravens533

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

We could use a little more glass half full about this last season. I just hope that Ozzie uses his picks as well as he usually does. I also want us to have a decent o-line next year. There should be no excuse for another year like this last one.

Winning is being able to have a relentless attitude

Be relentless!

#4 tolucaraven

tolucaraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

16th or 17 th depends on coin flip with Dallas. Had Ravens made playoffs at best 21 could be lower depending on how far they advanced in playoffs.

#5 Tank 92

Tank 92

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Wonder if tomlin's tackle will come into play.  Probably not.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#6 Edgar

Edgar

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

I know we all would have wanted to beat CIncy and make it into the playoffs, but did it actually help us when San Diego and Pittsburgh won? We should have improved our draft position at least two spots correct? Also, I believe falling to third in the AFC North should give us an easier schedule next season. I guess I am looking for some positive out of a negative.

Why do we pick lower than pitt? They were ahead of us in terms of making the playoffs with both teams at 8/8. Why do they draft earlier?

#7 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

like i said before the jets game. We should tank and get a top 10 as this team is NOT good enough. Like i feared and stated, we will make a run but fall short and end up drafting mid first round.

Stupid

#8 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,622 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

like i said before the jets game. We should tank and get a top 10 as this team is NOT good enough. Like i feared and stated, we will make a run but fall short and end up drafting mid first round.

Stupid

If I ever found out this team intentionally tanked games, I would stop watching football.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP
Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#9 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

true, but remember we became a force due to being crap for a season or 2 and getting high draft picks..

#10 TXRavensFan

TXRavensFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

Why do we pick lower than pitt? They were ahead of us in terms of making the playoffs with both teams at 8/8. Why do they draft earlier?

Strength of schedule is the tie-breaker for draft order. Pitt had a harder schedule, so they go first even though we had the same record and they technically finished ahead in the division. It's the same reason we have to flip a coin with the Cowboys - they had the same record and strength of schedule.

Posted Image

#11 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Strength of schedule is the tie-breaker for draft order. Pitt had a harder schedule, so they go first even though we had the same record and they technically finished ahead in the division. It's the same reason we have to flip a coin with the Cowboys - they had the same record and strength of schedule.

Pittsburgh didn't have a harder schedule then us! They finished 3rd last year in the division, And we finished 1st and won the Super Bowl!

#12 TXRavensFan

TXRavensFan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

Pittsburgh didn't have a harder schedule then us! They finished 3rd last year in the division, And we finished 1st and won the Super Bowl!

oops, I meant weaker, but it's determined by win-loss record of opponents; Pitt opponents had a combined .469 winning %, while the Ravens and Cowboys opponents had a combined .484 winning %. It really doesn't have anything to do with having the first place schedule from the previous year's standings (for instance, Houston's 2-14 record was included in our SOS, not the fact that they won the division last year).

Posted Image

#13 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Stupid

Now that's stupid!  Smh!

#Mili

Militant X 1

mili1.png

"I AM THE RENEGADE.....I HAVE NO EQUALS!"

- MX1

#14 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,089 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Stupid

San Diego, Carolina, and New Orleans drafted 11, 14, and 15 last year, and now they're all in the playoffs.  And just because we're not drafting top 10 doesn't mean we won't get a top 10 prospect on our board where we pick - we don't need a quarterback, and Bridgewater, Manziel, Bortles, and Carr are all considered first round talents in this draft by a lot of people, and Hundley is too if he comes out - I expect at least 3 of them will be taken before we pick, maybe all of them. Plus there are ALWAYS bad decisions, like the Raiders taking DHB at number 7, or the Jets trading up taking Sanchez at number 5.  And in 2011, we landed Jimmy, who we considered top 15, at the end of round 1, and Torrey, who we considered a first round talent, at the end of round 2.  We have an excellent shot, IMO, of landing what the FO considers a top 10 talent where we pick this year.

#15 Jokerraven

Jokerraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Stupid

not really stupid its called professional sports we don't have a team of losers .. what is stupid is pretending to be a fan of the ravens and  ranting and raving about every single player and coach of that team

no point getting excited til we see where we actually pick after ozzie trades  our first pick away.

#16 Chris K

Chris K

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:05 AM

We have a realistic chance of trading up.. and boy Ozzie better do it, Flacco needs a top 10 elite talent to throw it to and that talent better come in the form of a physical freak of a receiver. 

#17 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

actually the ravens dont have alot of fire power to trade up unless they are using future picks which the ravens hardly ever do.

we lost the monroe picks remember.

chances are we will most likely trade down to get more picks unless the player we actually want is still there with the proper grade.

an example: we pick 18 and mike evans has a grade of 25.

you can expect the ravens to trade back and bank on him being around 25 , instead of expecting them to reach and take him at 18.

compensatory picks cant be traded.

dq0w81.gif

#18 Willbacker

Willbacker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

Stupid

You never play for draft picks. What's wrong with you?? :229031_rant:

actually the ravens dont have alot of fire power to trade up unless they are using future picks which the ravens hardly ever do.

we lost the monroe picks remember.

chances are we will most likely trade down to get more picks unless the player we actually want is still there with the proper grade.

an example: we pick 18 and mike evans has a grade of 25.

you can expect the ravens to trade back and bank on him being around 25 , instead of expecting them to reach and take him at 18.

compensatory picks cant be traded.

Whats up tru. I also believe we'll trade back to regain one of the 2 picks we lost. There's plenty of WR help in the draft and if both the TEs are still available he'll drop back in the draft probally about 6 or 7 spots.

#19 Tru11

Tru11

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

You never play for draft picks. What's wrong with you?? :229031_rant:

Whats up tru. I also believe we'll trade back to regain one of the 2 picks we lost. There's plenty of WR help in the draft and if both the TEs are still available he'll drop back in the draft probally about 6 or 7 spots.

whats up bro  did not know you where hahaha.

dq0w81.gif

#20 Willbacker

Willbacker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

whats up bro  did not know you where hahaha.

I'm a Raven fan remember. Lol. Good to see you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users