22 replies to this topic

#1 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

I was watching the "recap of 2013 New Years" show on NBC and they brought up a teaser of the up and coming sports highlights. One of those images was Ray Lewis with arms raised. So I assumed they would highlight the blackout at the Superbowl, and Ray's retirement or something. But all they said was: "after a blackout in New Orleans, the Ravens won".

But.....they spent a long time to talk about the World Series, and about a Yankee pitcher in NY that retired. That.....was the snub of the year, unreal. Anyway I took notice NBC....what's on CBS and ABC?  

#2 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Is it really surprising? #us against the world mentality

#3 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

Consider the source. But the lack of respect is annoying. As fans we know the truth, we know about the magic that occurred this time last year, and we will never forget it.

#4 jimjim5

jimjim5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Funny thing is, a person couldn't write up a better story describing both of our Superbowl runs.

Simply amazing. Both of them.

#5 SizzleSuggs55

SizzleSuggs55

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

Who cares about NBC, ESPN or anybody else, they've always hated us. Ravens found magic on Ray Lewis last ride and went all the way! that's what i'll remember and don't need any stupid network to reinforce that for me.

#6 nyc9192

nyc9192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Not suprised at all

#7 Inqui

Inqui

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Funny thing is, a person couldn't write up a better story describing both of our Superbowl runs.

Simply amazing. Both of them.

Imagine if Tom Brady got hurt and his banged-up offence limped its way into the postseason, at which point Brady returns and tells the world it's going to be his last postseason. Once in the playoffs, they come up against seemingly insurmountable odds and find a way to beat them.

Then it's the Super Bowl. They quickly build a big lead, but lose momentum because of the blackout. Suddenly they're down by 5 and have the ball. They get to a 4th and 6 right in front of the goalline with 20 seconds left. And on the last throw of his distinguished career, Tom Brady throws the Super Bowl winner.

How big a headline would that be? And how long would the national media keep pushing that story?

#8 PolishRifle

PolishRifle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Imagine if Tom Brady got hurt and his banged-up offence limped its way into the postseason, at which point Brady returns and tells the world it's going to be his last postseason. Once in the playoffs, they come up against seemingly insurmountable odds and find a way to beat them.

Then it's the Super Bowl. They quickly build a big lead, but lose momentum because of the blackout. Suddenly they're down by 5 and have the ball. They get to a 4th and 6 right in front of the goalline with 20 seconds left. And on the last throw of his distinguished career, Tom Brady throws the Super Bowl winner.

How big a headline would that be? And how long would the national media keep pushing that story?

Ray Lewis return might have helped mentally, but he didn't help the Ravens on the field. He played a huge part in why the Ravens "lost momentum" in the second half. The offense took us to the SB, not Ray Lewis and Joe Flacco isn't as interesting to the media. Add to that, that Baltimore is considered a small market and you pretty much have the reasons why NBC "overlooked" the Ravens.

Also, while I like Ray Lewis as a player, Tom Brady has a way less "controversial" past. And that is putting it lightly.

bJNF689.jpg

#9 RedFire

RedFire

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

Ray Lewis return might have helped mentally, but he didn't help the Ravens on the field. He played a huge part in why the Ravens "lost momentum" in the second half. The offense took us to the SB, not Ray Lewis and Joe Flacco isn't as interesting to the media. Add to that, that Baltimore is considered a small market and you pretty much have the reasons why NBC "overlooked" the Ravens.

Also, while I like Ray Lewis as a player, Tom Brady has a way less "controversial" past. And that is putting it lightly.

It's 2013. What the hell is a small market in the NFL?

It's just that many people across the country have no ties to b-more like other cities and not a large amount of people leave from the Baltimore area.

I always hear about people being from Pittsburgh or having relatives in Pittsburgh from when I have been in other parts of the country. B-more is just an episode of the wire to people.

But if the orioles won the World Series I think it would be a big deal nationally. Orioles fanship especially during the Ripken era was not limited. An episode of boy meets world in the early 90s had Corey Matthews in Pittsburgh excited to get a Ripken autograph....but his grandmother ain't come through.

Edited by RedFire, 04 January 2014 - 02:38 AM.

#10 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,038 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

The super media boss man in charge has to be from Cleveland.

#11 RedFire

RedFire

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

Who cares about NBC, ESPN or anybody else, they've always hated us. Ravens found magic on Ray Lewis last ride and went all the way! that's what i'll remember and don't need any stupid network to reinforce that for me.

NBC/SNL made a classic skit sbout ray lewis and the super bowl....I dunno how much they hate.

I really think its because people don't have a connection to b-more and you have limited celebrity talent in general out if b-more to push the agenda. Always actors and football athletes from Pittsburgh and western PA talking steelers...ain't too many celebs and famous athletes from b-more that can talk Ravens.

#12 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

We're the Browns. We have no history. We're a young team. Our QB's are bad. We're a small market. Our city is scary to drive through. We're not meant to win SuperBowls etc etc

None of this should be surprising by now nor should it matter.

#13 Guest_RBates_*

Guest_RBates_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:19 PM

No real post!  Just....... SMH

#14 Purple Nurple

Purple Nurple

Telling It Like It Is Since 1974

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,234 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

Wah.

newsigg2_zps9e6531bd.jpg

#15 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,908 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

We're the Browns. We have no history. We're a young team. Our QB's are bad. We're a small market. Our city is scary to drive through. We're not meant to win SuperBowls etc etc

None of this should be surprising by now nor should it matter.

And the Titans are the Oilers. 

#Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"We have an opportunity to get to the playoffs.

None of these teams are better than us. Let’s go prove it!”

- John Harbaugh

#16 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,634 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

Whoooo cares???

#17 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Whoooo cares???

Oooooh
Ooooooh

Not me!

K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

You DO NOT know more than any coach in the NFL.  You simply do not.

#18 SizzleSuggs55

SizzleSuggs55

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

NBC/SNL made a classic skit sbout ray lewis and the super bowl....I dunno how much they hate.

I really think its because people don't have a connection to b-more and you have limited celebrity talent in general out if b-more to push the agenda. Always actors and football athletes from Pittsburgh and western PA talking steelers...ain't too many celebs and famous athletes from b-more that can talk Ravens.

Yes but when a team wins the super bow, it should be highlighted and respected as much as any other team. I no so many people who just don't like the Ravens for some reason, and us winning it all made it worse.

#19 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

Years....

117hd79.jpg

#20 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

And the Titans are the Oilers. 

#Mili

and the panthers and jaguars are who????

117hd79.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users