Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil rift?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I have no clue if this is true.  This is simply asking a question and leaving this open for discussion.

Now that that's out of the way, has anyone heard anything about Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil not getting along?  I was listening to 105.7 yesterday, and came into the tail end of a conversation talking about how Suggs and Dumervil don't really like each other.  I kind of brushed it off because I didn't know who was reporting and whether they were credible or not.  However, today, I've seen this discussion on numerous forums, some dating to before this radio report.  So, the question is simply, has anyone heard anything about this?

2013 BR.COM CLEVELAND BROWNS GM

#2 Ravenskid52752

Ravenskid52752

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Completely not true they often dine to together  and this rumor is ridiculous. just starting to start some drama.

#3 Stephenjr

Stephenjr

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I have no clue if this is true.  This is simply asking a question and leaving this open for discussion.

Now that that's out of the way, has anyone heard anything about Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil not getting along?  I was listening to 105.7 yesterday, and came into the tail end of a conversation talking about how Suggs and Dumervil don't really like each other.  I kind of brushed it off because I didn't know who was reporting and whether they were credible or not.  However, today, I've seen this discussion on numerous forums, some dating to before this radio report.  So, the question is simply, has anyone heard anything about this?

Doom would have never left Denver in the first place if this was true.

#4 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Doom would have never left Denver in the first place if this was true.

????

The rift would be because they're on the same team, if one actually exists.

#5 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

Yeah apparently it is a "fairly ridiculous" rumor.

#6 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Yeah apparently it is a "fairly ridiculous" rumor.

Then shut her down.  It's clear no one knows anything of it lol.

#7 Guest_Moderator 6_*

Guest_Moderator 6_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Then shut her down.  It's clear no one knows anything of it lol.

It could still lead to a good discussion and who knows, more could come out of this.

#8 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

The only "rift" I had heard was them competing for who would have more sacks.  Never heard anything after that except from you and someone else who mentioned what they said on the Fan.  It's early off season though, stories will circulate and who knows how those two feel.  No idea what could cause a problem between them except maybe Suggs could feel like a casualty now with Doom in the fold.

#9 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,631 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

If the rift is real, which I doubt, I will bet anything that Suggs is mainly at fault. LOL

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP
Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#10 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

Yes, there was some hostility, but luckily, I found a way to compromise.

We shall split the quarterback in two. And each will receive half a quarterback.

#11 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

The only "rift" I had heard was them competing for who would have more sacks.  Never heard anything after that except from you and someone else who mentioned what they said on the Fan.  It's early off season though, stories will circulate and who knows how those two feel.  No idea what could cause a problem between them except maybe Suggs could feel like a casualty now with Doom in the fold.

Everything I'm seeing says the 2 are opposing personalities, which is fairly obvious lol.  Suggs is pretty loud and crazy, while Dumervil seems pretty laid back.  Who knows…  Just thought the whole "rift" was an interesting thing to bring up without provocation by whoever said it.

#12 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

If the rift is real, which I doubt, I will bet anything that Suggs is mainly at fault. LOL

Wouldn't doubt it.  Doom never seems too high or too low and a Suggs type personality could probably rub many the wrong way.  What I think is weird is how quiet Suggs has been all season.  There's no way I'm the only one who noticed that.

#13 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Wouldn't doubt it.  Doom never seems too high or too low and a Suggs type personality could probably rub many the wrong way.  What I think is weird is how quiet Suggs has been all season.  There's no way I'm the only one who noticed that.

no  I noticed too even in pressors he was very laid back and didn't say much.

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#14 EdReedFTW

EdReedFTW

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Yes, there was some hostility, but luckily, I found a way to compromise.

We shall split the quarterback in two. And each will receive half a quarterback.

Uhh, wouldnt that technically be an "eighth back?"

"I wanted to make the moves Reed does when he has the ball. I couldn’t do that. He can."-Ronnie Lott

#15 1/28/01

1/28/01

Error 404

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,751 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

Uhh, wouldnt that technically be an "eighth back?"

Well played!
Posted Image

#16 herostyle

herostyle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

He did really quiet down as the season carried on. Probably because he had trouble picking up a sack in the last 7 games haha

#17 mdrsharon

mdrsharon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

this is the dumbest idea - ever.

Not only do I not believe it, it wouldn't matter as long as we can win games.

I don't necessarily "like" all of my co-workers, but we have to do the job.

Who cares if they don't like each other, just get the job done.

Go Ravens.

#18 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

I heard it too, but from the same source. The source claims that, basically, Dumervil is salty that Suggs made the Pro Bowl and he didn't. Also fueling the rumored feud is the allegation that Suggs had more responsibilities on the defense to free up Dumervil so that all Dumervil had to do was rush, which I did notice a little bit. 

Whether or not it's credible, I have no idea. It's certainly plausible. They team struggled, and these two both trailed off at the end of the season. Team struggles, declining production, and especially declining production between two guys that play the same position can certainly lead to finger pointing and bickering. It is plausible. I just question the source. 

#19 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,629 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

I heard it too, but from the same source. The source claims that, basically, Dumervil is salty that Suggs made the Pro Bowl and he didn't. Also fueling the rumored feud is the allegation that Suggs had more responsibilities on the defense to free up Dumervil so that all Dumervil had to do was rush, which I did notice a little bit. 

Whether or not it's credible, I have no idea. It's certainly plausible. They team struggled, and these two both trailed off at the end of the season. Team struggles, declining production, and especially declining production between two guys that play the same position can certainly lead to finger pointing and bickering. It is plausible. I just question the source. 

If that was the case, and not attacking you, but then Dumervil would have to be the dumbest OLB of all time.  To complain, as a part time player who can't play the run or play coverage , that he wasn't a Pro Bowler and Suggs was, who in Suggs you have one of the more complete 34 OLBs of the last decade, just destroys any football intelligence Dumervil could have.

In that alone I can't believe this "rumour".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users