357 replies to this topic

#1 monkeycatt

monkeycatt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

just read this on nfl.com final power ranking list.  is this really true?

. But all those who would rank Flacco over the Philip RiversesTony Romos and Matt Ryans of the world just because Flacco has won a Super Bowlshould remember that he finished 32nd in passer rating, has now completed fewer than 60 percent of his passes for three straight seasons and has yet to throw more than 25 touchdown passes in a year. 

that CAN'T be correct!

#2 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

No it's true.

I don't really care about completion percentage (because it rewards dink and dunkers) or even the # of TDs to be honest.

I do care however that he's turning the ball over at a ridiculous rate.

#3 Tank 92

Tank 92

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

It's disturbing that anyone who watched all of the games(like people here) would think that this "stat" is disturbing.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#4 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

its not disturbing. It is depressing as i honestly dont see him becoming consistant. (in the good way)

#5 monkeycatt

monkeycatt

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

It's disturbing that anyone who watched all of the games(like people here) would think that this "stat" is disturbing.

i knew it was bad, just not THAT bad.

#6 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Did he play terrible this year ? Yes . is it funny the article brings up rivers , Ryan , and romo and the fact they don't have a super bowl ring. Those three are also known chokers , flacco needs to reign in his unnecessary turnovers, though.

#7 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

Would still take Flacco over any of them

2mhhjsi.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Patriots GM

#8 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

Same.

#9 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

Flacco is the qb I want .

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#10 ravensfan520

ravensfan520

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I am torn about this... I didn't want to sign him to the big contract knowing that we had to many holes to fill. The offensive line needed help before the season started and the then traded the best wr we have every had. I guess the team thought that pitta could play the role of Boldin. I still don't understand that logic even when Pitta was back the team didn't fair any better... heck the blocking got even worse. Pitta needed Boldin just as must as Joe did.

but now we are stuck with a qb that a cap will continously grow each year leaving less space for other players. I know I am in the minority but I believe that we could have faired this well 8-8 with Taylor as qb. Why because the offense would have been forced to change its scheme and in the offseason. I saw it in the preseason that we were doomed. Yes Flacco won a superbowl but so did the rest of that team and only Flacco got the credit... he was the mvp.

So what do we do... we have an average qb that performs only down the stretch but struggles so much during the game we have to play catch up with a less than stellar offense.

maybe we will get a great couple of steals in the draft... but in all honesty we need more than just a few pieces.

Edited by ravensfan520, 01 January 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#11 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Agreed. The only one of those stats I care about are the turnovers, which he needs to rein in next year. A better oline and receivers who fight for the ball will help with that, too.
10wmids.jpg

#12 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,772 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

No it's true.

I don't really care about completion percentage (because it rewards dink and dunkers) or even the # of TDs to be honest.

Flacco isn't a dink and dunker?

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#13 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

No it's true.

A dink and dunk completion vs an incomplete pass.....hmmm...

#14 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

We set Flacco up for failure this year.

Ozzie knows he needs to revamp the offense with some fresh weapons, protections, and some new minds to make Flacco back to his Super Bowl glory days.

We all know what Flacco is capable of.

#15 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Flacco isn't a dink and dunker?

lol are you kidding? Flacco used to be a dink and dunker, now he's basically the mad bomber.

#16 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

We set Flacco up for failure this year.

Ozzie knows he needs to revamp the offense with some fresh weapons, protections, and some new minds to make Flacco back to his Super Bowl glory days.

We all know what Flacco is capable of.

Ozzie figured the oline would be fine since it was the same as last years less Birk .

That was a HUGE miscalculation .He loaded up the defense with several busts like Huff,Canty & Spears
of which two got released midseason

Not a good year at all in terms of Front Office decision making .

Yep the Front office set up Flacco for failure !! we should be lucky he's not seriously hurt .

Edited by jimmypowder, 01 January 2014 - 05:25 PM.

#17 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

I do kind of wish we had franchise tagged him after last season and then had contract negotiations with him this year.

Would certainly have helped w/ the cap.

#18 PerpetuallyBored74

PerpetuallyBored74

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

Get him a QB coach and fix all the flaws in his game (because there ARE flaws, but thankfully they ARE fixable).

Get him a competent play caller (and don't let Harbs near that person).

Get the WRs a coach who knows how to teach them how to beat press coverage and make quick sharp cuts out of their breaks (no more of this rounding off the route nonsense)

Get an O-line with a blocking scheme that gives them what they need to just be AVERAGE at least.

Get a short yardage game (for both pass and run); enough with constantly taking shots deep and praying for either a completion or a PI--that's lazy, unimaginative coaching (and not even how the Air Coryell is supposed to work, smh)

#19 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:34 PM

I do kind of wish we had franchise tagged him after last season and then had contract negotiations with him this year.

Would certainly have helped w/ the cap.

Last offseason would have been a cap nightmare.

#20 Jokerraven

Jokerraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

I am torn about this... I didn't want to sign him to the big contract knowing that we had to many holes to fill. The offensive line needed help before the season started and the then traded the best wr we have every had. I guess the team thought that pitta could play the role of Boldin. I still don't understand that logic even when Pitta was back the team didn't fair any better... heck the blocking got even worse. Pitta needed Boldin just as must as Joe did.

but now we are stuck with a qb that a cap will continously grow each year leaving less space for other players. I know I am in the minority but I believe that we could have faired this well 8-8 with Taylor as qb. Why because the offense would have been forced to change its scheme and in the offseason. I saw it in the preseason that we were doomed. Yes Flacco won a superbowl but so did the rest of that team and only Flacco got the credit... he was the mvp.

So what do we do... we have an average qb that performs only down the stretch but struggles so much during the game we have to play catch up with a less than stellar offense.

maybe we will get a great couple of steals in the draft... but in all honesty we need more than just a few pieces.

yep the best idea was to put tyrod in and they did that and in two mintues he scored 14 points for the opposite team. the flacco bashing gets old. he is paid in line with other qb's and no tyrod would not have won a superbowl that  makes no sense at all . flacco made 6.8 mill this year and next year he will make 14.8 million which is below average for a starting qb in the league. http://www.spotrac.c...ens/joe-flacco/

this year was an anomaly anyone knows that if you don't have an oline you can't have a successful offense. it has been repeated over and over . if you have watched any football at all you must know that if a qb is flat on his back with a defender on top of him he will not be able to throw the ball it is not rocket sceince I swear it is very simple .

he was sacked a record 48 times, was hit over 90 times  and hurried three times that .

when the cap it escalates and becomes unmanageable it will be redone. basically it was a three year deal. and everyone knows this but because they are angry and emotional because we did not make the playoffs they are ranting and raving and blaming it all on joe . calm down this is how football works. you want to talk contracts talk about ngata, or suggs and lay off joe for 5 minutes .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users