Untitled Document
Preseason Schedule      Official Mobile App      @Ravens on Twitter      on Instagram   

Photo

Ravens Championship Under-Appreciated - Why?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Strength.52

Strength.52

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

I know as fans we shouldn't care about what the media thinks, but is anybody else perplexed a bit why the Ravens Championship is not talked about more? Watching all the "end of the year" / "best team" stuff on Sportscenter, the Ravens are rarely talked about ...

Am I biased or did they have one of the most unbelievable runs in the history of sports? Ending the season badlly ... Upsetting 3 teams in the PO's, winning the Denver game in unbelievable conditions, rematch w/ Patriots ... Flacco's stellar run, Ray's last ride, all the adversity they overcome ... The run had everything you need to be a legendary run

In the "Images of the Year" 6 minute segment, the Ravens literally got only 3 seconds - An image of Flacco and Ray Lewis ... There was no mention of Ray's last ride either - There was a whole 10 seconds on Rivera's retirement though ?

Then w/ the "Best Team" topic, a lot of people on ESPN pick Boston because of the Boston Bombings ... But, if you want to go down that tragic road, the Ravens were impacted way more personally by things off the field (Model, Torrie Smith's brother, OJ Brignance on his last leg - If you read his book, he actually a setback the week of the Super Bowl and made an amazing recovery to make it there and speak to the team) ... The Red Sox seem to be put on a pedestal because of their tragedies (Which was removed from the team), why not the Ravens who went through things way closer to the team? 

On a more controversial level, if the Red Sox' run is praised because of something that happened to the city, are people insinuating that a couple people dieing in the Boston Marathon is more tragic than all the people that die in shootings / violence in Baltimore? This topic is uncomfortable to talk about, but I found myself a bit uncomfortable watching ESPN - and really the whole United States - put deaths in a bombing on a pedestal and seem oblivious to the youth violence in America ...

Again though this is a sensitive topic and I'm not writing this out of anger, but more honest confusion over why the Ravens run is underappreciated? 

#2 5aiah

5aiah

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

Dude......

#3 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

On a more controversial level, if the Red Sox' run is praised because of something that happened to the city, are people insinuating that a couple people dieing in the Boston Marathon is more tragic than all the people that die in shootings / violence in Baltimore?

Dude...

Edited by Latch, 31 December 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#4 Strength.52

Strength.52

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:30 PM

Dude...

Care to share your opinion? As far as I'm concerned 100 lives lost is more tragic than 3 lives lost ... It doesn't matter that the 100 people are young Black males or innocent bystanders through shootings and the 3 other people aren't

Until you speak, I'm assuming your stance is that lives lost during a bombing are worth more and is more tragic than a larger # of lost lives due to violence - I think that is more controversial than me just bringing up the topic

Also, both instances have nothing to do w/ the team and solely w/ each city ... So the comparison is valid - The Red Sox's story is so "inspiring" because of the bombing - I'm just perplexed by that, not mad, just honestly confused ...

And so far the responses I'm getting insinuating I'm crazy for bringing this up ... Is just making more more perplexed

Edited by Strength.52, 31 December 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#5 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,478 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

Dude....

We don't discuss non-football issues in these forums.

http://boards.baltim...tion=boardrules
10wmids.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users