Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

Anyone else excited that it's over?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

I hate not making the playoffs, but looking at this year's team I doubt we had any chance at making a Super Bowl run.  We just won last year which is a huge achievement.  Now we have a shot at the 16th overall pick.  Highest in years.

We don't have to go through the pain of watching a playoff loss to end our season.  It was bound to happen.  Now we get an early start picking through coaches.  Can't wait for offseason moves.

Hopefully all the bandwagoners and fair-weather fans have gone back to their caves!

#2 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

Weird. I am excited as well. This puts our team in decent position to address our many needs. And trading up for that stud WR or OL is actually a realistic possibility for once.

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP
Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#3 Sami84

Sami84

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

we should have tanked earlier in the season so we could get a long overdue top 10 pick. ozzie will just trade back now.

#4 nyc9192

nyc9192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

I dont feel excited,but I have a feeling of content.The end of the 2013 season was like putting a suffering animal out of its misery.This offense was sad to watch to put it nicely and this defense gave up way too many fourth quarter leads.All of this had to do with vanilla play calling,bad coaching decisions and under utilizing our players as well as the players themselves.This offseasons gonna be huge and I think Ozzie finally puts the work in to finally get this team into a complete juggernaut and force to be reckoned with like in 2012(barring injuries-and post cam),offense,defense and special teams.Bring on the draft!

Edited by nyc9192, 30 December 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#5 jkm5bmore

jkm5bmore

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:56 AM

Excitement? Not so much.

Still in shock after 6 years of playoffs I don't know what to think. No playoff parties? Really?

That's just not something I'm use to. Already thinking about 2014. Just makes me think about the 'dry' season. Football will be over soon and they'll be airing golf and infomercials. In the meantime, I guess I'll cheer for AFC North Bengals. They deserve to win it all. I hope they represent the division well.

Excitement? Not so much...

Raven%20Leader2%20Signature.jpg

FlocksGotta'FEED!

#6 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

I dont feel excited,but I have a feeling of content.The end of the 2013 season was like putting a suffering animal out of its misery.This offense was sad to watch to put it nicely and this defense gave up way too many fourth quarter leads.All of this had to do with vanilla play calling,bad coaching decisions and under utilizing our players as well as the players themselves.This offseasons gonna be huge and I think Ozzie finally puts the work in to finally get this team into a complete juggernaut and force to be reckoned with like in 2012(barring injuries-and post cam),offense,defense and special teams.Bring on the draft!

My thoughts exactly. We were going nowhere fast and it was actually painful to watch at times.

Fix it and move on, this season was never salvageable.

#7 D-Rey

D-Rey

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

Excitement? Not so much.

Still in shock after 6 years of playoffs I don't know what to think. No playoff parties? Really?

That's just not something I'm use to. Already thinking about 2014. Just makes me think about the 'dry' season. Football will be over soon and they'll be airing golf and infomercials. In the meantime, I guess I'll cheer for AFC North Bengals. They deserve to win it all. I hope they represent the division well.

I could never root for a division foe lol. I'm excited we get the 16th pick. We have a chance to get one of the top WRs in the draft. I hope we get Mike Evans. His 6'5 frame would be awesome to have.

Love it....when a crazy starts talking jibberish, we're like vultures

#8 Ravenglenn

Ravenglenn

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:16 AM

I'm a Ravens fan for life, and right now cannot find a good thing to say about this situation.  I'm just going to get ready for this to become the normal type of season for the Ravens as long as they keep up with the strategy of getting everything on the cheap and wasting tons of money on under-performers.  Add to that a pathological devotion to coaches who it seems would be hard pressed to be successful at the high school level, and the formula is set to repeat.

#9 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

My thoughts exactly. We were going nowhere fast and it was actually painful to watch at times.
Fix it and move on, this season was never salvageable.

Exactly! My last 'break' was the lockout, playoff s Super Bowl with it deer pee and the disgruntled cheerleader, The Awesomeness that was SuperBowl then FA, The Draft, OTAs, TC and by the end of Sept this was going to be a long off season. The team is in a much better place to draft. Of course I will watch the playoffs and root for the Chargers, Packers and Saints
Posted Image

#10 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:20 AM

We don't have to watch no more terrible Ravens football for 8 months.

Whew...

Anyways, I always enjoyed the offseason signings, acquisitions, and draft better than the games.

Seeing Ozzie at work is like watching how Rome was built.

Ozzie did a great job the past 5-6 years into building a team that hasn't had a losing season for 6 years now.

We need to find the right coaches or something cause it's a shame to see all this talent go to waste like the Browns (5 Pro-Bowlers).

#11 CalvinSmoke

CalvinSmoke

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

I got my money on the Chargers this post season. I'm just glad I don't have to see that putrid offense kick more field goals under 35 yards smh

CABMSM-1.jpg

ARIZONA CARDINALS GM

#12 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,780 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

I am excited to see if we learn from the mistakes and weaknesses from this season going forward. Thankfully we have a very supportive owner and a great front office (unlike the Orioles).

I wouldn't say Gino or Shipley are gone but I would like them in more of a back up role to who ever we bring in....

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#13 nyc9192

nyc9192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

Excitement? Not so much.

Can't root for the bengals.Im hopin the pack take it all,There won franchise that I think mirrors us in terms of recent memory.Plus,for the most part,packers fan always show the ravens and us fans love.There my pick out of the NFC to play us in Superbowl pretty much for the last 5 years.Diehard Ravens fan but the other team that I like to root for(once again diehard ravens fan)and admire are the pack.Still hopin for that Green Bay-Baltimore Superbowl someday lol

#14 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

I got my money on the Chargers this post season. I'm just glad I don't have to see that putrid offense kick more field goals under 35 yards smh

I'm rooting for the Chargers as well. They've already shown they can beat Denver in Denver.

#15 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:17 AM

It's nice to be able to root for playoff teams based on how much I like them rather than because they'll give the Ravens the best chance of winning.

#16 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

I'm excited that it's over and at most I have to witness the overpaid quarterback  two more years in this uniform before he is cut.

"It's obvious to anyone who has played this game that this guy is not thinking"  ~ Wally Williams on Joe Flacco , 11/11/13 105.7 the fan.

" -- they want to make Joe Flacco a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He’s not that type of guy. He’s a system type of guy "  ~ Ray Lewis  ESPN 11/25/13

"The Ravens also need to light a little fire under both Flacco and Rice .  Flacco needs to work with the receivers more during the offseason instead of just waiting for occasional minicamps"  - Mike Preston 1/2/2014

#17 JEEPercreepermd

JEEPercreepermd

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

I'm excited that it's over and at most I have to witness the overpaid quarterback two more years in this uniform before he is cut.

Its a team sport dude. How many more games would we have won if we could have run the ball even a little bit? At least 3. By your logic, Ray Rice is the most overpaid and under achieving member of the team...yet you only grind your axe on Flacco?
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it" - Steve Prefontaine

#18 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,528 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

I'm sort of excited to have a FULL off-season for our FO to assess/re-sign/replace players and coaches. For years we've been weeks behind the other teams, especially with coaching choices. We now have a chance to be in on the ground floor with personnel moves.
10wmids.jpg

#19 uhhhh

uhhhh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

I'm sort of excited to have a FULL off-season for our FO to assess/re-sign/replace players and coaches. For years we've been weeks behind the other teams, especially with coaching choices. We now have a chance to be in on the ground floor with personnel moves.

Excellent point, also gives a sense of hope that next year will be a better year than this. I'm actually relieved that it's over. No more frustrating losses or having a dozen heartattacks a game

What's wrong with crows? Compared to a poor bird that's been caged and forgotten how to fly, this is much better. "I'm fine with being a crow" -  Harumichi Bouya

#20 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

I too am relieved that it is over.

In all honestly, and one needs to be honest with themselves, they were not good enough to keep rolling as they did last season.

I still say the Pats game was the start of the nail in the coffin.  Before it we were riding high thinking we were on a roll. 

After it, I was pretty well left with my jaw hanging wide open.  And from what I saw against the Bengals our team was merely trying the same old, same old.  It's like our coaching staff has no idea how to make adjustments as the game continues.

And Flacco just plain looked tired.

It will be fun to root for teams to beat the Pats and Broncos even though I think Seattle takes it this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users