9 replies to this topic

#1 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Every year, we get to find out what the team thinks about personal. Very refreshing since all we do is speculate what we will address. Instead, Ozzie and DeCosta will tell us themselves. I anticipate them and Harbaugh will stress OLINE and WEAPONS. They may even compare the retooling to be done on offense to the one on defense last year

.And, I know some reassurance from Ozzie will mend wounds and allow the fanbase to look forward to next year. This is also the most we will gather from the front office before free agency.Due to the magnitude of this event, I want to ascertain when the conference will take place. There is usually some elapse of time after the end of the season. Typically, how long is it? I, like all of us, am used to making the playoffs and losing is unfamiliar ground. In previous years, we had the conference in either late january or early february(superbowl), I believe.                                                    

#2 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:02 AM

I just hope we draft better than we did last year and can get more USE out of our draft picks...very disappointed at how that ended up.

And yes I am looking for a lot of emphasis on offense next year...havent seen much offensive change or improvement since 2008 we need a more high powered pass attack and hopefully a new OC

Edited by Purple_ICE 81, 30 December 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#3 poedacrow

poedacrow

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

"State of the Ravens" I believe it's called.  Maybe about a half hour or so long. Mr B, Ozzie, Eric Decosta, Dick Cass and Coach Harbs are usually in attendance. 

I too will be looking forward to it.  Best FO, best team, Go Ravens.

"It wasn't perfect, it wasn't pretty but it was us."

#4 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,089 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

Can't wait to hear it.
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#5 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

I just hope we draft better than we did last year and can get more USE out of our draft picks...very disappointed at how that ended up.

And yes I am looking for a lot of emphasis on offense next year...havent seen much offensive change or improvement since 2008 we need a more high powered pass attack and hopefully a new OC

I actually liked the improved play from elam throughout the year. Arthur Brown played nickel LB ok and will get better. And Brandon Williams played well at NT. All three of these guys will start next year. Juice did very well for himself on special teams and Marlon Brown can play slot wr(think Marques Colston). Ozzie has been very good.  The last 3 drafts have given us at least 3 players who can start and others who could be depth. That is really all you can ever ask for, especially when you pick in the late 20s every year. With high draft position, expect star players to be drafted this year for the offense.

You just can't win every season in the NFL. Losing is a necessary evil, if you want to win. Without 2007, no Harbaugh or Flacco. Without the terrible years in the 90s, no 2000s defense.I like to think this season is why we will make the playoffs for another 5 years. Losing is a necessary evil. But at least it was 8-8 and not 2-14. 

Anyway, when do you think the conference will be? A lot of questions will be answered then.

#6 flynismo

flynismo

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,605 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, this should be interesting..

Self-appointed President of The Flacco Lovers Foundation (F.L.F)
Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP
Farewell to a legend. Thanks for the memories, Ray Ray!

If you woke up this morning, congratulations. You got another chance

#7 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,132 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

I wonder what delicate PR speak they will use to describe our amazing offensive line.

#8 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

I can actually see them being frank and succinct. No coach speak. imho the OLINE was so bad this year that it does not deserve that courtesy. They usually rank 3 needs.

Projections:

1)O-LINE 

2)WRs and TEs

3)Pash Rush/Defensive depth

#9 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:28 AM

I actually liked the improved play from elam throughout the year. Arthur Brown played nickel LB ok and will get better. And Brandon Williams played well at NT. All three of these guys will start next year. Juice did very well for himself on special teams and Marlon Brown can play slot wr(think Marques Colston). Ozzie has been very good.  The last 3 drafts have given us at least 3 players who can start and others who could be depth. That is really all you can ever ask for, especially when you pick in the late 20s every year. With high draft position, expect star players to be drafted this year for the offense.

You just can't win every season in the NFL. Losing is a necessary evil, if you want to win. Without 2007, no Harbaugh or Flacco. Without the terrible years in the 90s, no 2000s defense.I like to think this season is why we will make the playoffs for another 5 years. Losing is a necessary evil. But at least it was 8-8 and not 2-14. 

Anyway, when do you think the conference will be? A lot of questions will be answered then.

Within the next couple of weeks.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#10 BMORE_96

BMORE_96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

Thanks. I thought it was within a couple of days. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users