Untitled Document
Preseason Schedule      Official Mobile App      @Ravens on Twitter      on Instagram   

Photo

In Ozzie We Trust (2014 Edition) The Ravens Free Agency Thread

• Please log in to reply
1708 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Winter is coming!

That means the off season and the Draft are coming around the Corner soon.

Last offseason, Ozzie used the offseason to retool the defense. Now he will do so with the offense. So, I have put together a list of REALISTIC free agents we could potentially get come March.

But since Free Agency is both ways, here is the list of our free agents

Dennis Pitta

Eugene Monroe

Micheal Oher

Arthur Jones

James Ihedigbo

Ed Dickson

Corey Graham

Terrence Cody

Josh Bynes

Albert McClellan. 

Dayrl Smith

Tandon Doss 

Now the ones I bolded are the ones I think are coming back... Dayrl Smith is hit or miss. 

But the way I see it, we need to retool the oline in FA, and get weapons in the draft.

But, since it's Ozzie Newsome we will not have any big names coming in.

OMG, the sky is FALLING is what we will be seeing in a matter of months.

But, it usually works out. So all rumors, opinions, who you want to pick up, and confirmations go here(like my old thread).

Ozzie knows what he's doing. I said it last year. This is a two year plan. Ozzie is going to retool the offense now. We will be getting new WRs and new Olinemen. 

Think of it this way. We are a good oline and another weapon or two away from being contenders again. We need PLAYMAKERS, we didn't have any last year. 

I trust Ozzie, and I think we go back to the postseason after this offseason

Edited by SecretAgentMan, 29 December 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#2 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

A little early, huh? Lol. The wound's still fresh. 

You forgot about Tandon Doss, who is a restricted free agent. 

Edited by GrimCoconut, 29 December 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#3 redlobster

redlobster

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

Please do not bring bynes back or cody

#4 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

A little early, huh? Lol. The wound's still fresh. 

You forgot about Tandon Doss, who is a restricted free agent. 

Thanks lol...

I never want to make this thread this early again 

#5 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Winter is coming!

That means the off season and the Draft are coming around the Corner soon.

Last offseason, Ozzie used the offseason to retool the defense. Now he will do so with the offense. So, I have put together a list of REALISTIC free agents we could potentially get come March.

But since Free Agency is both ways, here is the list of our free agents

Dennis Pitta

Eugene Monroe

Micheal Oher

Arthur Jones

James Ihedigbo

Ed Dickson

Corey Graham

Terrence Cody

Josh Bynes

Albert McClellan. 

Dayrl Smith

Now the ones I bolded are the ones I think are coming back... Dayrl Smith is hit or miss. 

But the way I see it, we need to retool the oline in FA, and get weapons in the draft.

But, since it's Ozzie Newsome we will not have any big names coming in.

OMG, the sky is FALLING is what we will be seeing in a matter of months.

But, it usually works out. So all rumors, opinions, who you want to pick up, and confirmations go here(like my old thread).

Ozzie knows what he's doing. I said it last year. This is a two year plan. Ozzie is going to retool the offense now. We will be getting new WRs and new Olinemen. 

Think of it this way. We are a good oline and another weapon or two away from being contenders again. We need PLAYMAKERS, we didn't have any last year. 

I trust Ozzie, and I think we go back to the postseason after this offseason

I think it's more likely Smith comes back than Jones or Cody.

#6 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Please do not bring bynes back or cody

Why not? Bynes is good vs the run and Cody is a pretty good rotational linemen. Never can have too many of those

#7 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

I think it's more likely Smith comes back than Jones or Cody.

Maybe. I think some idiotic team is going to throw cash at him like there's no tomorrow.  

#8 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Interested in a vet C and possibly a FS as well.  I'm sure there will be a few more depth signings along the way, but I expect most holes to be filled through the draft.

2013 BR.COM CLEVELAND BROWNS GM

#9 Dr. Kelley

Dr. Kelley

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

I'd ask oz for courage. We lost that when we lost our opening game at home.

And heart- we lost when ray left.

And a brain-for harbaugh to stop hiring his friends.

And some ruby shoes so we can win at home again.

Oz.... can you do this for us?

#10 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Maybe. I think some idiotic team is going to throw cash at him like there's no tomorrow.  

I think Jones is going to get a bigger deal mainly because he's younger - Smith will be 32, Jones is just 27 and I personally think he's been a better player than Kruger, who got ridiculously overpaid in free agency.

Edited by Ravenslifer, 29 December 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#11 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Interested in a vet C and possibly a FS as well. I'm sure there will be a few more depth signings along the way, but I expect most holes to be filled through the draft.

I do think that we get Kendrick Lewis. He'd at least be better than Elam at FS.

I'd honestly let Gino grow. Center isn't an easy position to play in the NFL

#12 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

A veteran WR would be HUGE. Flacco had Derrick Mason for his first 3 seasons and Anquan Boldin the other 2 and they both were big time in the Ravens playoff runs and Boldin was huge in the Superbowl ush last year. 

Doesnt have to be Eric Decker or Hakeem Nicks...but I feel like Ozzie will make a move for a cheaper WR in FA

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#13 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

Thanks lol...

I never want to make this thread this early again 

There's actually more. Update your list with this information. Here's a list of the actual free agents and their categories: 

Unrestricted Free Agents

T Michael Oher

WR Jacoby Jones

CB Corey Graham

TE Dennis Pitta

DT Arthur Jones

TE Ed Dickson 

LB Daryl Smith

S Jeromy Miles

DT Terrence Cody

S James Ihedigbo

TE Dallas Clark

T Eugene Monroe

Restricted Free Agents

LB Albert McClellan

S Anthony Levine

WR Tandon Doss

S Omar Brown (listed as such on Spotrac; not sure about this one?)

Exclusive Rights Free Agents

LB Josh Bynes

LB Adrian Hamilton

LB DJ Bryant

S Brynden Trawick

Now, as for who returns? I would expect our ERFAs to return for camp at the least. There's no way we cut cheap labor. That's crazy. I think Doss might return on either a tender or a cheap deal a la David Reed since I expect him to replace JJ. I think McClellan returns due to depth. I think we might see more from Adrian Hamiton this year since he looked good as a pass rusher in preseason so I'm excited for him! 

As for our UFAs...ahh...yes. I think Monroe is a lock and I feel Pitta returns whether it's a long-term or short-term deal. 

#14 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

I think Jones is going to get a bigger deal mainly because he's younger - Smith will be 32, Jones is just 27 and I personally think he's been a better player than Kruger, who got ridiculously overpaid in free agency.

Kruger also got a contract premium due to him being a Super Bowl champion. I think Jones gets around 5-6M max but I could be wrong. 

#15 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

There's actually more. Update your list with this information. Here's a list of the actual free agents and their categories: 

Unrestricted Free Agents

T Michael Oher

WR Jacoby Jones

CB Corey Graham

TE Dennis Pitta

DT Arthur Jones

TE Ed Dickson 

LB Daryl Smith

S Jeromy Miles

DT Terrence Cody

S James Ihedigbo

TE Dallas Clark

T Eugene Monroe

Restricted Free Agents

LB Albert McClellan

S Anthony Levine

WR Tandon Doss

S Omar Brown (listed as such on Spotrac; not sure about this one?)

Exclusive Rights Free Agents

LB Josh Bynes

LB Adrian Hamilton

LB DJ Bryant

S Brynden Trawick

Now, as for who returns? I would expect our ERFAs to return for camp at the least. There's no way we cut cheap labor. That's crazy. I think Doss might return on either a tender or a cheap deal a la David Reed since I expect him to replace JJ. I think McClellan returns due to depth. I think we might see more from Adrian Hamiton this year since he looked good as a pass rusher in preseason so I'm excited for him! 

As for our UFAs...ahh...yes. I think Monroe is a lock and I feel Pitta returns whether it's a long-term or short-term deal. 

Omar Brown is an ERFA, so he'll be back.  I'd expect all of them to be back as you said, because they have NFL experience and they're cheap.  They may not make the team, but they're worth having around.

I'd expect that all of the RFA's also come back after being non-tendered, and then re-signed.  I'm not sure about Doss here.  I think he'll be back, but I'm not sure whether they want to tender him or try to bring him back at the minimum.

For the UFA's, I don't have much question that Pitta and Monroe will be here.  I think Daryl Smith will be back as well.  Of the lower tier guys here, I see Jeromy Miles coming back since the team loves his ST contributions and he'll be cheap, and I'm 50/50 on Ihedigbo right now.

#16 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Who was the better special teamer: Levine or Miles? I want to say it was Anthony Levine; but, Jeromy Miles technically is capable of providing depth at strong safety.

Either way, one goes and is replace with some other special teamer in free agency, while the other stays in Baltimore.

Both will probably be back.  Neither is going to get anything more than the minimum for their service time.  No harm is bringing them both back.  It's certainly possible that both are on the team next year as well.  If not, either or even both could be cut.

#17 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

Omar Brown is an ERFA, so he'll be back.  I'd expect all of them to be back as you said, because they have NFL experience and they're cheap.  They may not make the team, but they're worth having around.

I'd expect that all of the RFA's also come back after being non-tendered, and then re-signed.  I'm not sure about Doss here.  I think he'll be back, but I'm not sure whether they want to tender him or try to bring him back at the minimum.

For the UFA's, I don't have much question that Pitta and Monroe will be here.  I think Daryl Smith will be back as well.  Of the lower tier guys here, I see Jeromy Miles coming back since the team loves his ST contributions and he'll be cheap, and I'm 50/50 on Ihedigbo right now.

Yeah, I thought Brown was an ERFA as well. Just confused because of Spotrac. I think Doss gets tendered. He could be given a deal but I just feel like we'll use him as a bait of sorts, where if a team wants to they could give us a 4th rounder for him (which is an unlikely scenario in my mind, it still helps us generate more picks). 

You think Smith returns? I'm not sure. I think so as well, since he played well but I'm not sure for how long. I expect McClain gone regardless, so his experience does help. I can't imagine him getting a long-term deal. 

I think Ihedigbo is gone. I think Miles takes his place next year. Ihedigbo was a good player and I wouldn't mind him returning but not as a starter on defense. We need a real FS and Elam needs to go back to SS. 

#18 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yeah, I thought Brown was an ERFA as well. Just confused because of Spotrac. I think Doss gets tendered. He could be given a deal but I just feel like we'll use him as a bait of sorts, where if a team wants to they could give us a 4th rounder for him (which is an unlikely scenario in my mind, it still helps us generate more picks). 

You think Smith returns? I'm not sure. I think so as well, since he played well but I'm not sure for how long. I expect McClain gone regardless, so his experience does help. I can't imagine him getting a long-term deal. 

I think Ihedigbo is gone. I think Miles takes his place next year. Ihedigbo was a good player and I wouldn't mind him returning but not as a starter on defense. We need a real FS and Elam needs to go back to SS. 

Doss could go either way.  The original round tender is about $1M, so he'd be cheap either way.

I really think Daryl Smith will be back.  I don't see him commanding that much money.  He's on the wrong side of 30, and I think we could honestly get him around $3M per year or so on a 2-3 year deal.  I think he's priority number 3 after Monroe and Pitta (assuming Arthur Jones walks).

Ihedigbo is still 50/50 for me.  While I really want a true FS back there, I'm not sure the team feels the same.  They really like him as a player and a leader.  This one is more guessing what the Ravens are going to do rather than personal preference.

#19 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

Doss could go either way.  The original round tender is about $1M, so he'd be cheap either way.

I really think Daryl Smith will be back.  I don't see him commanding that much money.  He's on the wrong side of 30, and I think we could honestly get him around $3M per year or so on a 2-3 year deal.  I think he's priority number 3 after Monroe and Pitta (assuming Arthur Jones walks).

Ihedigbo is still 50/50 for me.  While I really want a true FS back there, I'm not sure the team feels the same.  They really like him as a player and a leader.  This one is more guessing what the Ravens are going to do rather than personal preference.

Personally, I'd rather have Ihedigbo back than Miles but that's me. I really hope we don't see more of Elam back there at FS again. If we do, I'm seriously going to lose it. 

#20 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

Please no! Yeah, James Ihedigbo is going to get a decent contract from some team that needs a safety; it'll be unfortunate though, as Diggz did a good job replacing Pollard at strong safety.

But, really? You think Jeromy Miles is going to be playing SS in 2014; why? The guy is a special teamer. Ugh... I just want Elam playing close to the line, while the team finds a true free safety.

In terms of Daryl Smith: He'll be back, mostly due to the fact that he'll be 32 come April. I highly doubt a team will offer him a huge contract.

Although, I wonder: What are the chances Ozzie Newsome brings back a re-motivated Rolando McClain, now that he has turned his life around (apparently)?

No, I meant takes his place as in his roster spot. I think Elam needs to go to SS full time. I really don't want another year with Elam at FS. I'd love to have Ihedigbo here as a ST player and a depth SS. Not sure it happens, though. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

PurpleCityLights