Like a Boss!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,409 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

Does anyone get fired?

Do they get fired in black Monday?

Who do you want to replace them?

For me, I want Caldwell gone, with a younger innovative mind to come in. I want him given full control, his own play book, calling his own plays, to have a say in the draft and free agency, and more importantly, I want him to be able to pick his own coaching staff, oline coach, wr coach etc.

Many names out there. Joe Lombardi, Kyle shannanan, gary kubiak etc.

Also wouldn't be disheartened to see pees go, I don't think he's getting the best out of our players.

What, says you.

#2 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,071 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:58 PM

Please not Shannahan!
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#3 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

I actually don't see anybody getting fired, at least not right away. If they would get fired, I see it coming in a week or two, after team/staff evaluations.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#4 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

If Mike Shannahan gets hired...Im hoppin on the Jaguars bandwagon.

But I agree we could improve on offense and defense coaching. Especially with Jim Schwartz and Lezly Fraiser being fired tomorrow they could be improvements on Dean Pees. But all in all its the offense that needs the help...the defense still finished top 10 or close to it.

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#5 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,487 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

No Shannahans.

Norv Turner, maybe.
10wmids.jpg

#6 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Especially with Jim Schwartz and Lezly Fraiser being fired tomorrow they could be improvements on Dean Pees. But all in all its the offense that needs the help...the defense still finished top 10 or close to it.

Isn't it against some law somewhere to have Schwartz on a Harbaugh led team? ;)

Edited by Ragin'Raven, 29 December 2013 - 08:07 PM.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#7 The Mom Gene

The Mom Gene

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,898 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'd take Norv...  but we also need someone to help us develop the WR's and RB's...  and anyone, please anyone to handle the O-line...

2jcew5c.jpg

#8 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Isn't it against some law somewhere to have Schwartz on a Harbaugh led team? ;)

Just as long as there are no handshakes involved

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#9 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,681 posts

Does anyone get fired?

Do they get fired in black Monday?

Who do you want to replace them?

For me, I want Caldwell gone, with a younger innovative mind to come in. I want him given full control, his own play book, calling his own plays, to have a say in the draft and free agency, and more importantly, I want him to be able to pick his own coaching staff, oline coach, wr coach etc.

Many names out there. Joe Lombardi, Kyle shannanan, gary kubiak etc.

Also wouldn't be disheartened to see pees go, I don't think he's getting the best out of our players.

What, says you.

For me, I want Caldwell gone as an OC but not a QB coach. I feel he was good there. I do agree that it would be nice to have the OC have that much control. I feel it would set us up for a lot of success. For me, the top of my list is Chudzinski, Kubiak, & Jackson for OC. For DC, I'm not sure but I would love to get Lovie Smith here. 

Oh, there are some college coaches I like. I heard another member (Ravensdan?) suggest Urban Myer (?). I'd be on board with that idea. 

Edited by GrimCoconut, 29 December 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#10 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,487 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Chudzinski is intriguing.
10wmids.jpg

#11 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Vertical offense with Torrey, Pitta, and another WR?

Hell to the yeah lol

#12 Dr. Kelley

Dr. Kelley

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

worth a look at least. He did decent in a bad organization with promising talent. He could do well with us.

To go:Castillo, pees, Caldwell. Spags we could keep if we brought in an aggressive dc who actually tried.

#13 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,088 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

Chudzinski did get Derek Anderson to a probowl, and did well with Newton.

#14 Dr. Kelley

Dr. Kelley

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Ha though the way the browns hire talent, they'll probably look on these boatds and snatch chuds right up. It seems a consensus us ravens wanna give him a go.

#15 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Caldwell and Pees need to be gone asap.

There aren't a lot of great options at OC. Chudzinski is getting fired, but he was rather uninspiring as Cam Newton's OC. Kubiak is another, but he's notorious for not making in-game adjustments and he's a ZBS fanatic. I don't see Turner getting fired, but I'd love to see him here. The Shanahans cashed in last year with the gimmick offense, but otherwise don't have very good resumes.

I'm less familiar with DC, but I know Romeo Crennel is unemployed, and Leslie Frazier,  and Schwartz will likely join him and all three are good choices.

Ha though the way the browns hire talent, they'll probably look on these boatds and snatch chuds right up. It seems a consensus us ravens wanna give him a go.

They're the ones firing him. It's pretty rare for teams to fire someone as HC and bring them back at a lesser position.

Edited by NaveSenrag, 29 December 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#16 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,681 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

There aren't a lot of great options at OC. Chudzinski is getting fired, but he was rather uninspiring as Cam Newton's OC. Kubiak is another, but he's notorious for not making in-game adjustments and he's a ZBS fanatic. I don't see Turner getting fired, but I'd love to see him here. The Shanahans cashed in last year with the gimmick offense, but otherwise don't have very good resumes.

I'm less familiar with DC, but I know Romeo Crennel is unemployed, and Leslie Frazier,  and Schwartz will likely join him and all three are good choices.

They're the ones firing him. It's pretty rare for teams to fire someone as HC and bring them back at a lesser position.

I forgot about Crennel. Yeah, I would like him. Guys play for him. I think we need a DC that motivates the guys to win. As for OC, there aren't many options but those are the best at this level right now. College might be the way to go. 

#17 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

I think  if Caldwell is indeed fired Moeller is gone and Castillo will be oline coach or oc . we are sticking with zbs  regardless of the outcome . if I had my way Chud or norv turner .

Pees im all for firing, with all the talent we have  he had his chance . I say poke around college for that  we need an aggressive dc, no bend don't break.

Edited by runamuk, 29 December 2013 - 08:27 PM.

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

#18 Dr. Kelley

Dr. Kelley

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

I'm less familiar with DC, but I know Romeo Crennel is unemployed, and Leslie Frazier, and Schwartz will likely join him and all three are good choices.

As I type this they haven't fired him yet and I'm making the joke that they'd keep him based on message board chatter, seeing as how they are that kind of organization. That is all.

#19 Dr. Kelley

Dr. Kelley

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

I think if Caldwell is indeed fired Moeller is gone and Castillo will be oline coach or oc . we are sticking with zbs regardless of the outcome . if I had my way Chud or norv turner .

My biggest nightmare: caldwell getsfired and castillo made oc.

#20 runamuk

runamuk

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

My biggest nightmare: caldwell getsfired and castillo made oc.

mine too but I feel like its coming. he was responsible for installing the zbs, knowing it was an abject failure with our current personnel. Harbs kept him around. they are committed to zbs so it just stands to reason he will be it . I hated him being hired here in the first place

:baltimore-ravens: GO RAVENS :baltimore-ravens: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users