Photo

What does a "Well Coached" team look like?

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Maybe next year we will find out. Please tell us what needs to happen now
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

#2 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

See last year's Superbowl winning team. ;)

#3 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Fire basically every assistant coach Harbaugh has put on his staff and don't let him hire anymore. 

Cut Suggs (cap purposes) 

Draft some offensive players

Get someone who can teach Flacco how to go through his progressions ( missed a TD play today cause he locked onto Pitta)

Find someone who can install a new offensive system

Edited by Sizzlebshu, 29 December 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#4 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

See last year's Superbowl winning team. ;)

I still don't even think last years team was coached that well.  Caldwell during the streak I feel got the best out of the offense.  I feel on defense the last time someone got the best out of the players was in 11 with Pagano and with Rex before.  I don't feel the guys we have maximize the talent on the roster and have felt that most coaches we have are alright with mediocrity or are too stubborn to adjust.

And to answer the OP, look at the Patriots.

Edited by redrum52, 29 December 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#5 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Let's keep this thread to coaching, not individual players.
10wmids.jpg

#6 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Let's keep this thread to coaching, not individual players.

Can I ask why the Flacco thread was shut down?

#7 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Can I ask why the Flacco thread was shut down?

Because there was no intelligent discussion.

#8 baltimorefan328

baltimorefan328

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

Fire basically every assistant coach Harbaugh has put on his staff and don't let him hire anymore. 

Cut Suggs (cap purposes) 

Get someone who can teach Flacco how to go through his progressions ( missed a TD play today cause he locked onto Pitta)

Im really happy you mentioned that because I said the same thing. Pierce was wide open on a crossing route for an easy touchdown but Flacco failed to go through his progressions and threw an incomplete pass. Caldwell needs to work on that with Flacco because he still misses so many chances. I also agree that this coaching staff does not get the most out of its players. The argument about injuries is no longer valid because the patriots find a way with no matter who they have. How can the ravens wide receivers not get a tiny bit of separation with crossing routes or fake ins then outs. Its either the coaching is terrible or maybe all the offensive players the ravens have just aren't that good. The offensive coaching for this team has never been good, the only reason it seems to me the ravens offense has improved is Flacco can actually make throws. The only coach on the Ravens who seems to be truly earning his money is Brown (kicking coach). Not saying the other coaches like Pees haven't been good, but the kicking coach is the only one who deserves every dollar of his contract right now

#9 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Cut Suggs (cap purposes) 

I think Flacco has improved on going through his progressions the last few seasons. Besides that, it's awfully hard to go through your progressions smoothly with three defenders in your face.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#10 LocustPointRavenNest

LocustPointRavenNest

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Ravens really were devastated by the "Salary Dump" after the Super Bowl.....look at the Giants last year.  Once you've drank from the cup....just not as thirsty.....old school players back in the day were not spoiled like today's athlete's...not many teams going back to back in many sports.....except the Heat... 

Tough way to see our team end the season....it was clear we did not deserve to go on.  Joe did not look his best....just out of synch.....

Next year we need a new O line!!!!

#11 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Cut Suggs (cap purposes)

Wait we have to teach a 7th YEAR 120m how to be a QB still?? Listen to what you are saying.

#12 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

I think Flacco has improved on going through his progressions the last few seasons. Besides that, it's awfully hard to go through your progressions smoothly with three defenders in your face.

He has been in this league way too long now to not be able to quickly scan through your progressions and at the very least not lock on to on receiver (Pitta) 

#13 Sizzlebshu

Sizzlebshu

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

Wait we have to teach a 7th YEAR 120m how to be a QB still?? Listen to what you are saying.

Apparently we do because he still locks on to receivers and misses wide open plays as a result (2 weeks in a row now) 

#14 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

He has been in this league way too long now to not be able to quickly scan through your progressions and at the very least not lock on to on receiver (Pitta) 

Although I agree, I almost can't blame him. No WRs were getting open today. None of them.

-Detroit Lions GM-

#15 Dr. Kelley

Dr. Kelley

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

To answer the question, as much as I hate them, the new england patriots.

#16 OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

I feel that the OC could have done a better job with the short passing game. I commented on a 3rd down pass play, obvious blitzing down, all routes were going intermediate to long. No dump off option or slant cross, Joe has to wait for it to develop and gets killed.

Another time when wecwerectryingvto score, all 3 routes ran right v ingesting the middle of the endzone. I was cussing. Didn't make sense. And I have been seeing a lot of plays that just didn't make sense all year.

#17 jimjim5

jimjim5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

the Patriots

#18 OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

OLD SCHOOL SMASH BALL

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

On defense when Dalton would wildcat us out of the backfield, not once did we adjust on that or spy the rb dump off. Gashed us all day

#19 Sunday QB

Sunday QB

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:54 PM

Agreed Flacco needs to work on progression and the coaching needs upgraded. Now the OLine needs a new tackle, Gaurd and most of all a New Center. The WR situation needs some attention, we nee a Possession Receiver and a true #1 Receiver. The CAP issue next year needs addressed, Players not playing worth their contracts need to be cut or restructured. Why has the run game looked like high school football? What is the issue here? Do wee need new running backs or coaches? Is a new offensive coordinator needed? What about a defensive coordinator? This was by far the worst year under Harbaugh. Please stop him from hiring friends.

#20 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

I've always wanted a creative guru for an OC. If Caldwell is fired, I hope we can find ourselves one of those.

-Detroit Lions GM-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users